[OLD THREAD] The first free agent I try to sign. Ken Hamlin

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Ken Hamlin FS seattle - I like Watkins, and I hope he can develop but IMO we can get hamlin and lock this position up with 100% certainty instead of hope.

Next I go after Eric Steinbach G Cincy- Rivera is done we can all agree on this, Steinbach wont be cheap but he will be worth it and will lock down his spot for years to come

Terdell Sand DT Raiders - He isnt a superstar but he is a mamoth of a man at 6'7" 335 May be to tall for NT but he is a very good run stuffer and should not command a large contract

In The draft I look at WR, OT, Backup QB, and a pass rusher

Ky31

Reaction score
Big D I live in Arkansas which is where Hamlin went to college, and he is not that great. Besides the fact that he really is not that good he is a punk, and got in several fights while in college. I was not suprised at what happened last year when he got his butt kicked at a bar in Seattle.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hamlin is a guy who gets into trouble- we already have filled that quota in the secondary with Machine Gun Davis.
Would totally agree, though, on getting Steinbach.
If we are going to go big on anyone in the D SIDE OF THINGS, let it be THomas for a pass rush.

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1301142 said:
Ken Hamlin FS seattle - I like Watkins, and I hope he can develop but IMO we can get hamlin and lock this position up with 100% certainty instead of hope.

Next I go after Eric Steinbach G Cincy- Rivera is done we can all agree on this, Steinbach wont be cheap but he will be worth it and will lock down his spot for years to come

Terdell Sand DT Raiders - He isnt a superstar but he is a mamoth of a man at 6'7" 335 May be to tall for NT but he is a very good run stuffer and should not command a large contract

the other two are fine, i guess. however, i thought steinbach was a RFA, i.e. restricted. if so, we will like owe first round compensation for signing him. i'd rather sign an UDA, or draft and develop our own in-house.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1301142 said:

You are missing one giant huge name....Adailus Thomas

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Cowboy Bill Watts;1301222 said:
the other two are fine, i guess. however, i thought steinbach was a RFA, i.e. restricted. if so, we will like owe first round compensation for signing him. i'd rather sign an UDA, or draft and develop our own in-house.

The sites I seen show him unrestricted

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wth? the only thing Hamlin is good at, is contact after the whistle

I'd go after FS Deon Grant from Jax

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
With the salary cap about to balloon now is the time to break the bank on a couple of stud Guards to kick start the running game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday;1302324 said:
With the salary cap about to balloon now is the time to break the bank on a couple of stud Guards to kick start the running game.

we only need one, and his name is Kris Dielman

Kosier is pretty good

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
At some point, we may have to sell out to get a power rusher. That would be Thomas or Freeney. I don't care if you throw away draft picks or pay them whatever, this position needs to be solidified with greatness. If it's Freeney, then you move back to a 4-3 with Ware on the opposite side, Carpenter becomes your MLB Ayodele to the outside, and a draft choice on the other side.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1302329 said:
we only need one, and his name is Kris Dielman

Kosier is pretty good

I agree...I'm on the Dielman wagon as well.

We already have our FS...Henry!

We need to draft a CB with our 1st or 2nd pick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic;1303179 said:
I agree...I'm on the Dielman wagon as well.

We already have our FS...Henry!

We need to draft a CB with our 1st or 2nd pick.

ewww, I won't touch that

but agree w/ pretty much everything else

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1301142 said:

I disagree. Roy Williams (even with his flaws) is better than Ken Hamlin and I think Watkins is going to pan out. He just needs a bit of time. He has size and speed and can run.

Instead of Terdel Sand, I would look and trying to trade for Warren Sapp. The Raiders have to rebuild. I'm sure for the right price they would trade Warren Sapp. I don't mean using him as a nose tackle either, I mean replace Chris Canty whom I would include in the trade. (Canty, Ellis, and Akin Ayodele) That would give them youth, and versatiltiy in LBers and DE in Ellis and Ayodele. (providing he can return next year) Then go all out trying to sign Freeney as the OLB opposite Ware (as long as they don't tag Freeney iwth the the franchise tag)

As for offensive line, there are about 3 good players in the draft. Guard is easy to fill even if you just move Flozell to Guard. It's tackle that can be the issue. Can the Cowboys move to the top of the draft and get Joe Thomas? That would be huge! I would throw TO in that trade along with other things just to land Thomas.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Henry is not going to play FS. They already tried him out there last year in minicamps and it wasnt a good fit. They need to find a solid veteran like Hamlin or preferably D. Grant.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I asked this question in the NFL forum, I think, but never got reply. Does anybody know how long Colvin is signed for in NE? He's been there like 5 seasons already. He would be perfect for us as the other OLB IMO. You want a guy who can bring heat, that's him. Briggs is probably better as an open field tackler but Colvin is better with pressure on the QB IMO.

newlander

Reaction score
KY and others are right about Hamlin. He's a troublemaker and really a very avg. safety. Use to be a big hitter before he almost got killed in that bar fight. Hasn't been the same since.

Gordon

Reaction score
newlander;1303396 said:
KY and others are right about Hamlin. He's a troublemaker and really a very avg. safety. Use to be a big hitter before he almost got killed in that bar fight. Hasn't been the same since.

Im not sure where you came up with this.. Ive heard a couple Seattle fans describe him as one of their only good defensive players this year and even their Defensive MVP.