Oldskool TO Thread *Merged*

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy, as for what Parcells really thought about bringing TC in we will never know.

Parcells is from the military and he plays it that way: according to rank. You don't publicly question the superior officer.

T.O. is everything in a player that Bill doesn't want and doesn't tolerate.

And remember Bill left for reasons that were never fully articulated. I think he sees Dallas as a dysfunctional circus. Don't you?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ethiostar;2487329 said:
That's how i remember it as well.

Is he saying that TO wasn't hurt, he just did it to annoy BP or prove a point?

OK-it wasn't a MAJOR hammy injury, but a minor one. But still, a hammy injury is a hammy injury is a hammy injury. Even the slightest one you need to take precautions and sit them out a couple of weeks. And yes, MRI results showed it WAS real. The media overblew this one.

Asante Samuels had the same injury in the Eagles TC this year, and Reid sat him out the entire time as a precaution.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
The point is always the same for T.C.

Look at me.

And his bogus hammy was a great chance to create another of his dramas. Mocking the team in tour riding gear on the sideline...was just one example.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487344 said:
OK-it wasn't a MAJOR hammy injury, but a minor one. But still, a hammy injury is a hammy injury is a hammy injury. Even the slightest one you need to take precautions and sit them out a couple of weeks. And yes, MRI results showed it WAS real. The media overblew this one.

Asante Samuels had the same injury in the Eagles TC this year, and Reid sat him out the entire time as a precaution.

Oldschool7;2487346 said:
The point is always the same for T.O.

Look at me.

And his bogus hammy was a great chance to create another of his dramas. Mocking the team in tour riding gear on the sideline...was just one example.

Now you're contradicting an MRI result?:rolleyes:

How does TO wearing tour riding gear mock the team?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487342 said:
Boysboy, as for what Parcells really thought about bringing TO in we will never know.

Parcells is from the military and he plays it that way: according to rank. You don't publicly question the superior officer.

T.O. is everything in a player that Bill doesn't want and doesn't tolerate.

And remember Bill left for reasons that were never fully articulated. I think he sees Dallas as a dysfunctional circus. Don't you?

Parcells was also desperate-he was 66, and his window was coming to a close(not so much for the team, but for himself).

It sounded to me like he thought he would take ONE LAST gamble before he rides off into the sunset.

Like I said-it was Jerry's idea, not Bill's. But that doesn't take away the fact that Jerry gave him every opportunity to say no.

As for Parcells bolting unexpectedly, this is nothing new-he bolted the Giants WAY late in the offseason unexpectedly(he could have done so much earlier-otherwise, they would have promoted Belichick). He threw a hissy fit b/c the Krafts didn't give him complete control in New England, so he acted out by having conversations with the Jets DURING Super Bowl week. And then when he left the Jets, he acted like that was his swan song(even though the Jets were $20m OVER the cap).

Yeah-if Bill P left, it wouldn't surprise me if it was his doing all along, and not Jerry's.

JMHO

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Look at the numbers:
Romo, QB rating #2 in the NFC
Garcia, QB rating #3 in the NFC
McNabb, QB rating #9 in the NFC

I want to stand back and applaud these three quarterbacks and the acknowledge their travails.

T.C. has been one of the luckiest receivers in the league. He has played with three all-Pro quarterbacks. Yet all three quarterbacks have had tainted reputations because of their proximity to the cancer.

We aren't talking about a receiver who backstabs and betrays the Harbaughs and Leafs of the world. Owens is a first class killer. He betrays only the very best.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487664 said:
This thread is about three all-pro quarterbacks and a common struggle they share.

ORLY.jpg
:rolleyes:

2much2soon

Reaction score
he played with Steve Young, too. Although he didn't have a chance to flip out on him.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
I am saying the EXACT same thing Cowboy Captains and All-Pros are saying about this team.

This cancer is wheels off.

I know there are people that try to censor team leadership from going to the heart of the cancer. There is a lot of denial and suppression in the Cowboy kingdom.

Jason Witten is God. Jerry Jones is the antichrist. THAT is the prevailing opinion of America and of true Cowboy fans EVERYWHERE.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2487729 said:
I am saying the EXACT same thing Cowboy Captains and All-Pros are saying about this team.

This cancer is wheels off.

I know there are people that try to censor team leadership from going to the heart of the cancer. There is a lot of denial and suppression in the Cowboy kingdom.

Jason Witten is God. Jerry Jones is the antichrist. THAT is the prevailing opinion of America and of true Cowboy fans EVERYWHERE.

:damn: