Twitter: On second thought, maybe the D is not as bad

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We can pixx and moan to hell and back but at the end of the day, this is stat from last year that kept our D strong last year. Not sure if any remember but I've posted in many threads, how this is one of Belichick's most important stat for his D. As he put it, if your opponent scoring, you'll win a bunch of game.

TWOK11

Reaction score
People ***** about our defense because of the way they play. The style makes it seem like the other team is marching up and down the field, but then you look at the box score in the 4th quarter and they’ve got 250-300 total yards and 10-14 points.

The bottom line is our defense does the most important thing pretty well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We can pixx and moan to hell and back but at the end of the day, this is stat from last year that kept our D strong last year. Not sure if any remember but I've posted in many threads, how this is one of Belichick's most important stat for his D. As he put it, if your opponent scoring, you'll win a bunch of game.

Did you watch the game or no?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said in another thread, even though I, as many others complain about the defenses. As they do look sloppy.
However they have given up 44 points. 17 of those in Garbage time in a prevent D with some back ups in.
Another 7 points was almost into garbage time as they had a 28 point lead at the time.

They have been giving up big plays in the passing and some runs. But held the scoring down. No picks not many sacks, but scoring is down. They were missing what 3 starters today on the D?

They started out slow like this last year as well.

I don't like it, the sloppiness, but not in panic mode either. They need to get it cleaned up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Also after giving up almost 500 yards to NY, the last 2 games held opponents to under 300 in each game. Unless Miami went over the 300 late in the game, I have not looked at the final stats yet.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Played offensive challenged teams so far also.

Give it a few weeks and the Cowboys play against better QB's and things will even out.

Let's see where the Cowboys rank mid-season or so.
Best WR we played is a 3rd round rookie. Granted Mclaurin looks like he is going to be a good one, but we have been tested by a fully loaded offense yet

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
People panicking for no reason

We just covered a -22 spread & 3 comfortable wins.

The team can only beat what’s in the front of them, if you’re worried after this start to the season you need to chill tf out

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They're awful.

I've read it here.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Played offensive challenged teams so far also.

Give it a few weeks and the Cowboys play against better QB's and things will even out.

Let's see where the Cowboys rank mid-season or so.

The homers wearing blinders are going to be mad at you. You should have already purchased super bowl tickets like them.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said in another thread, even though I, as many others complain about the defenses. As they do look sloppy.
However they have given up 44 points. 17 of those in Garbage time in a prevent D with some back ups in.
Another 7 points was almost into garbage time as they had a 28 point lead at the time.

They have been giving up big plays in the passing and some runs. But held the scoring down. No picks not many sacks, but scoring is down. They were missing what 3 starters today on the D?

They started out slow like this last year as well.

I don't like it, the sloppiness, but not in panic mode either. They need to get it cleaned up.
Pass rush has to pick up. It should. Lawrence is a streaky guy, so he should start to pick up. Getting Quinn in there will help. Im hoping that the secondary starts creating some TO's

Its not an elite unit, but it should be good enough to give us a chance to go places. That strangle job we did on Bree's was no accident. But thats Rams game probably wasnt either