Twitter: On second thought, maybe the D is not as bad

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Against three absolutely horrid teams. Things will look vastly different when the real competition arrives, possibly as early as next week.

Still NFL teams and talent. Don't take that away from them.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Did you watch the game or no?

Yea Roy, watch the whole game ....lol

My point is keeping team scoring down was our MO last year and it worked pretty darn good. I mean teams can march up and down the field plenty but if they are not scoring it doesn't matter. So this most important for us is in the same as last year so far. Besides, our own offensive issues in the red-zone last year proves the importance of scoring.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Played offensive challenged teams so far also.

Give it a few weeks and the Cowboys play against better QB's and things will even out.

Let's see where the Cowboys rank mid-season or so.
Giants didn't look offensively challenged today, granted new QB but they also lost their best offensive player in the first half. The Commanders also didn't look offensively challenged week 1. We are also number 3 despite us giving up 14 points in garbage time to date.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Giants didn't look offensively challenged today, granted new QB but they also lost their best offensive player in the first half. The Commanders also didn't look offensively challenged week 1. We are also number 3 despite us giving up 14 points in garbage time to date.

Both of them have terrible defenses that made Dak look far better than he really is.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
We can pixx and moan to hell and back but at the end of the day, this is stat from last year that kept our D strong last year. Not sure if any remember but I've posted in many threads, how this is one of Belichick's most important stat for his D. As he put it, if your opponent scoring, you'll win a bunch of game.

Better have a third or even fourth thought. I don’t need stats to question my lying eyes. This team in defense should be playing better. Teams just run up the guy at will.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I said in another thread, even though I, as many others complain about the defenses. As they do look sloppy.
However they have given up 44 points. 17 of those in Garbage time in a prevent D with some back ups in.
Another 7 points was almost into garbage time as they had a 28 point lead at the time.

They have been giving up big plays in the passing and some runs. But held the scoring down. No picks not many sacks, but scoring is down. They were missing what 3 starters today on the D?

They started out slow like this last year as well.

I don't like it, the sloppiness, but not in panic mode either. They need to get it cleaned up.

Seriously, isn't this the ultimate goal of the D......if you're doing this, you're going win a lot of ball games

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I don't think this is a bad defense. They have talent (Tank, LVE, Jaylon, Byron). The thing is you need play makers-players who can create turnovers and get sacks. If it's 3rd and 5 I don't know who can get a sack. If this team is down by 4 and the other team is driving to score, I don't know who would step up and get a turnover. Believe me- they are there!! Look at how many drops this secondary has.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Fans are gonna be in for a rude awakening when Arod comes to town
ehhh. I feel better about facing "better" teams than I felt about the Dolphins today. I had a feeling this game wasn't going to go as it should.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both of them have terrible defenses that made Dak look far better than he really is.

You bet!

All the "short fields" Prescott had to work with due to turnovers the defense generated...

Oh.

All big plays by special teams to set the Cowboy offense up in their opponents territory...

Oh.

All the mistake-free plays by the offense so that Prescott never had to look at long-distance plays in order to make first downs.

Oh.

Polkton31

Reaction score
I hope the Cowboys stomp a mud hole in the Saints and leave them crying in a puddle of their own bodily fluids.... But, it won't matter. The same negative people will be right back here saying,"Brees didn't play, so wait until next week". The negativity will continue all the way through the season, regardless of how the Cowboys play. I am thoroughly convinced that some people on this board just have to @#$^^% or else they will blow up. It's like they are incapable of enjoying anything.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
You’re holding it against the team that they blew out / covered the spread against three bad teams?

Strange. That’s a poor attitude to have.

Are you sure you’re a Cowboys fan? If so, you need some more sunshine in your life.

Against three absolutely horrid teams. Things will look vastly different when the real competition arrives, possibly as early as next week.

rynochop

Reaction score
You’re holding it against the team that they blew out / covered the spread against three bad teams?

Strange. That’s a poor attitude to have.

Are you sure you’re a Cowboys fan? If so, you need some more sunshine in your life.
He's an Eagles troll..so he he's a little ornery today

Beaker42

Reaction score
We can pixx and moan to hell and back but at the end of the day, this is stat from last year that kept our D strong last year. Not sure if any remember but I've posted in many threads, how this is one of Belichick's most important stat for his D. As he put it, if your opponent scoring, you'll win a bunch of game.

Ummmm - yes, it is.

Eanwen

Reaction score
I get the Dolphins but why are the Commanders considered "horrid?" Didn't they play ok last year until Smith got hurt?