Twitter: On second thought, maybe the D is not as bad

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
You’re holding it against the team that they blew out / covered the spread against three bad teams?

Strange. That’s a poor attitude to have.

Are you sure you’re a Cowboys fan? If so, you need some more sunshine in your life.
He’s not a fan.

jrumann59

Reaction score
If Quinn plays like he did today, the sacks will come. He looked fast coming out of his stance his timing is a little off but if he plays close to that teams will have to decide whether to add protection to quinn's side or DLaw's side.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Played offensive challenged teams so far also.

Give it a few weeks and the Cowboys play against better QB's and things will even out.

Let's see where the Cowboys rank mid-season or so.

But they also both scored trash time TD's which inflated the stats.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is all nonsense. These are still NFL teams. As you can see we still had to go out there and win.

All 3 wins were done convincingly. What more can people ask for against weaker teams?

Some people need to stop being chicken little wannabes.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Giants didn't look too horrid against the Bucs and Commanders didn't look horrid against the Eagles.

Yea all the talking heads had the Eagles as the best team in the NFC and they barely beat the Commanders.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We were top 5 in points per game in 2016 while allowing other teams to consistently drive the football down the field and we waited for them to make a mistake to help stall their drive.

Almost every week the same discussions would occur. Defense would give up a lot of yards but not a lot of points and we won. Some people saw the red flag and wanted to discuss it while others wanted them to just shut up and be happy with the win.

Then we got to the playoffs and allowed 34 points to a banged up offense. We were 11 out of 12 PPG in the playoffs that year.

When you see a red flag it’s alright to discuss it. Being middle of the pack in defense playing the offensive teams we have played and the talent we have is a little concerning. I thought we would be much more aggressive this year forcing turnovers & sacks and getting teams off the field quickly.

While I am happy about the 3-0 start, I am a little disappointed in the defensive performance so far.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We were top 5 in points per game in 2016 while allowing other teams to consistently drive the football down the field and we waited for them to make a mistake to help stall their drive.

Almost every week the same discussions would occur. Defense would give up a lot of yards but not a lot of points and we won. Some people saw the red flag and wanted to discuss it while others wanted them to just shut up and be happy with the win.

Then we got to the playoffs and allowed 34 points to a banged up offense. We were 11 out of 12 PPG in the playoffs that year.

When you see a red flag it’s alright to discuss it. Being middle of the pack in defense playing the offensive teams we have played and the talent we have is a little concerning. I thought we would be much more aggressive this year forcing turnovers & sacks and getting teams off the field quickly.

While I am happy about the 3-0 start, I am a little disappointed in the defensive performance so far.

Good post..