Once in a while, there's good news...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
My little sister...and my even "littler" cousin, gave the family cause for celebration yesterday.

Sis donated a kidney to save my cousin's life. I pointed out all the risks of doing so and yet, she held firm to her beliefs. Damn impressive.

Both are well today...going off to the hospital to visit.

Yesterday, after the operation, I asked my sister, "Who made you so tough?" and with all of us standing around, she summoned up the strength, and nodded toward my 4 ft 11 mother.

Maybe both should play defense for us next season. :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
My little sister...and my even "littler" cousin, gave the family cause for celebration yesterday.

Sis donated a kidney to save my cousin's life.

Yesterday, after the operation, I asked my sister, "Who made you so tough?" and with all of us standing around, she summoned up the strength, and nodded toward my 4 ft 11 mother.

Very cool news. Thanks for sharing it with us. That can be very hard to do at times given the way some people act.

Reaction score
wow, speedy recovery to both!!

btw... how'd YOU turn out to be such a nar-do-well, you were adopted, weren't you!!??

;)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
wow, speedy recovery to both!!

btw... how'd YOU turn out to be such a nar-do-well, you were adopted, weren't you!!??

;)

OH...MY...that explains it!

I could never figure out why I'm the only Chinese one in the family... :D

David

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

You should have been a comodian. ;)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Hey Juke, thanks for sharing that. Just when you start to wonder what is going on in the world, you hear of a story like this. My greatest admiration to your Sis and please tell both of them that we all here at Cowboys.ZONE wish them a speedy recovery and wish them well thoughout life. :)

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Very cool news. Thanks for sharing it with us. That can be very hard to do at times given the way some people act.

Thanks Hos...Yep, cool indeed...

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Hey Juke, thanks for sharing that. Just when you start to wonder what is going on in the world, you hear of a story like this. My greatest admiration to your Sis and please tell both of them that we all here at Cowboys.ZONE wish them a speedy recovery and wish them well thoughout life. :)

Agreed...ya know, when you're so close to it, you lose perspective...there was no feeling of "Wow, what a heroic act." of anything like that...ya just pray for the health of the both of them...

And then, after it was over, the enormity of what she did struck me.

Great stuff indeed.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Best of luck to both of them on their recovery! It takes a very special person to make that kind of commitment. Incredible.

jamez25

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Sis donated a kidney to save my cousin's life. I pointed out all the risks of doing so and yet, she held firm to her beliefs. Damn impressive.

God Bless You and Your Family.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Best wishes and a long healthy life to your relatives.

Thanks BP...I can't help but be extremely proud of my "kid" sister...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
What a great story Juke. May God bless them both with long and fruitful Lives. By the way, how old is your little sister. And before the rest of you yahoos jump in with the smart remarks I didn't mean it like that.

CoCo1

Reaction score
Juke - Very cool indeed. I have no doubt your sister will be enriched by what she is giving of herself.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Yeah, my parents decided to only have 4 children....because my dad had read that one out of every 5 babies born in the world was chinese. ;)

BTW...how old is your sister?

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
CoCo said:
Juke - Very cool indeed. I have no doubt your sister will be enriched by what she is giving of herself.

Thanks...what's most impressive is that she isn't doing any "How cool am I?"stuff...very humble about all of it.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Bach said:
Yeah, my parents decided to only have 4 children....because my dad had read that one out of every 5 babies born in the world was chinese. ;)

BTW...how old is your sister?

Now opening for Shecky Greene at the Catskill Mountains....BACH.

:)

She's 33...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Great story... I wish them all well... and a speedy recovery... that is quite a sacrifice...

You, as a Cowboy fan, offered a jersey I assume...

Dallas Cowboys: It fixes what ails ya...