One important detail that hasn't been talked about

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Amari practiced as if he was playing until Friday. That means the entire offense game plan was put in place with he and CeeDee obviously featured. Everybody had to be moved around. I get the impression that things would have been different if they would've known Cooper was out and practiced accordingly throughout the week.

I'm assuming the original plan was CeeDee in the slot with Cooper and Gallup on the outside. I can't remember if CeeDee moved outside or Wilson?

Anyway, I'm sure this last minute change impacted our execution, along with everything else that's been talked about. I'm not saying it was huge, but another negative factor that affected our offensive performance.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Amari practiced as if he was playing until Friday. That means the entire offense game plan was put in place with he and CeeDee obviously featured. Everybody had to be moved around. I get the impression that things would have been different if they would've known Cooper was out and practiced accordingly throughout the week.

I'm assuming the original plan was CeeDee in the slot with Cooper and Gallup on the outside. I can't remember if CeeDee moved outside or Wilson?

Anyway, I'm sure this last minute change impacted our execution, along with everything else that's been talked about. I'm not saying it was huge, but another negative factor that affected our offensive performance.
Everything you just said is true. The Cowboys also thought Tyron was playing as well. But nobody cares about that narrative since the Cowboys lost.

Creeper

Reaction score
The same is true of Tyron Smith. They had him practicing as well only to pull him at the last minute on Sunday. Those changes have to be disruptive to the team.

There is nothing they could have done about Cooper, but I hate the way they appear to be playing games with other injuries. Wait until we find out Gregory is going to miss 6 weeks, because I get the feeling he is hurt worse than they have aid too.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We played without 27% of our projected starters on offense and defense. The D punched above their weight— the offense folded like a wet cardboard box.

A lot of credit goes to Spags and the KC defense. They whipped us and were more physical and intense all game long.

Next, Dak and the offense need to do some soul searching. Yes, they were down some guys— but they were sloppy and failed to execute and even make the plays that were there to make.

Hard to feel any sense of confidence for this offense in the postseason when they don’t show up and compete against decent defenses.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Excellent point, which is why practice must not be all about the passing game. Did the Boys OL/Coaches/Dak (without Tyron) forget how to run the ball? It's obvious the Boys did not learn from the Broncos game.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take before the Doubting Thomas' invade a sensible thread and change the timber of the dialog here?

Dak was hit, knocked down, or sacked about 27 times. That has a bearing, as well.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take before the Doubting Thomas' invade a sensible thread and change the timber of the dialog here?

Dak was hit, knocked down, or sacked about 27 times. That has a bearing, as well.
Nope. Not according to some here. He should throw thru the sack.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

As a professional OC you have to have a backup gameplan. No excuse if you dont have one.
That does not mean a knock on Moore. Its an argument against yours: I dont think Moore didnt prepare for a game without Cooper.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

So are you saying the NFL screwed us....or this was an act of God?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Except your own head coach said after the game that Cooper being out wasn't a factor in the game plan. That they had plenty of time to adjust.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Everything you just said is true. The Cowboys also thought Tyron was playing as well. But nobody cares about that narrative since the Cowboys lost.
Yeah, I don't get the point of this thread. So Amari was out right before the game. They had to adjust their offensive plans. They couldn't. End of story.

Honestly can't hear this "but but the injuries" stuff anymore. Win with whatever you got.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak needs to run with the ball. He had a easy first down on a 3rd and short but instead of simply moving the chains he decides to throw a deep pass that was off. In the past before the injury Dak would take off when the play breaks down. Even had a few designed run every once in a while.. He ran for a TD against the falcons and it looked like the staff didn’t like it. Dak did but the staff not so much..