One oddsmaker has Jason Garrett as ninth-most likely to be first head coach fired

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn’t realize Tomlin was a rookie coach as well, my apologies. Having stones? He’s probably cost his team more games and opportunities then won with his careless gambles. Again, would you like me to give more examples of Tomlins blunders, I’m sure a simple google search will bring up more then enough. He pretty much cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl with that idiotic decision but you’re right “at least he has the stones”. Most Pittsburgh fans I know don’t agree.

Yah, that big SB blunder really sticks out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn’t realize Tomlin was a rookie coach as well, my apologies. Having stones? He’s probably cost his team more games and opportunities then won with his careless gambles. Again, would you like me to give more examples of Tomlins blunders, I’m sure a simple google search will bring up more then enough. He pretty much cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl with that idiotic decision but you’re right “at least he has the stones”. Most Pittsburgh fans I know don’t agree.

Big difference between Dallas and Pitt fans these days. Pitt has higher standards with the success they have had. They want the best head coach out there. And despite the SB, they hammer Tomlin for his mistakes.

And then you have the poor Dallas fans. 2 playoff wins in 25 years. Its so bad that we have fans like yourself defending the undefendable horrid Garrett.

aria

Reaction score
Yah, that big SB blunder really sticks out.
Lol, yeah, it does. Even if JG had won 2-3 SB’s and he pulled that crud, everyone would be all over him and rightfully so. I typically don’t give free passes for being an idiot just because of past achievements, especially to a coach who “blunders” as much as he does with as much talent as he’s had. He had the A team, JG had the F team with the exception of a few great players in specific positions (ie Romo, Witten, Dez, Lee) and he did well with them when they were actually healthy and playing.

For example, I’m a University of Texas fan. Some people hold Mack Brown in high regard because he won a National Championship. I say great, what I saw was a coach who has done so little with so much. Ya get that? Or do I need to explain further?

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Big difference between Dallas and Pitt fans these days. Pitt has higher standards with the success they have had. They want the best head coach out there. And despite the SB, they hammer Tomlin for his mistakes.

And then you have the poor Dallas fans. 2 playoff wins in 25 years. Its so bad that we have fans like yourself defending the undefendable horrid Garrett.
There is a big difference between fans, some have actually won Super Bowls in the past decade and some still act like they won Super Bowls in the past decade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, it does. Even if JG had won 2-3 SB’s and he pulled that crud, everyone would be all over him and rightfully so. I typically don’t give free passes for being an idiot just because of past achievements, especially to a coach who “blunders” as much as he does with as much talent as he’s had. He had the A team, JG had the F team with the exception of a few great players in specific positions (ie Romo, Witten, Dez, Lee) and he did well with them when they were actually healthy and playing.

For example, I’m a University of Texas fan. Some people hold Mack Brown in high regard because he won a National Championship. I say great, what I saw was a coach who has done so little with so much. Ya get that? Or do I need to explain further?

Then you must hate Garrett more than me.

Pants

Reaction score
15th in SB odds...I think I am more insulted that they have the Giants with the same odds

aria

Reaction score
Then you must hate Garrett more than me.
Ha, doubtful. Hugs and kisses buddy, we’re all cheering for the same team. JG haters like you would rather see us with a losing record next year just so you ca thum your chest ans say you were right (allnb with JG being fired). I’d prefer we have a winning season and the carrrot top clapper stays around.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ha, doubtful. Hugs and kisses buddy, we’re all cheering for the same team. JG haters like you would rather see us with a losing record next year just so you ca thum your chest ans say you were right (allnb with JG being fired). I’d prefer we have a winning season and the carrrot top clapper stays around.

How was that winning season last year? Wave your pom poms no doubt. LOL

Its been 8 years with the loser Garrett. But if you want to cheer for him to stick around then by all means have at it. I am more than willing to sit through ANOTHER down year and have Garrett gone.

IF it was guaranteed he would be gone, I would watch all the games with pleasure knowing it was the last time we would ever see Garrett. I would count down the game, the days until he was fired. There is not a bigger Garrett hater in the universe than me.

I have been telling people since Garrett 2nd season has OC how horrid he was. In those 11 years he has done NOTHING but prove me 100% accurate on the type of joke coach that he is.

aria

Reaction score
How was that winning season last year? Wave your pom poms no doubt. LOL

Its been 8 years with the loser Garrett. But if you want to cheer for him to stick around then by all means have at it. I am more than willing to sit through ANOTHER down year and have Garrett gone.

IF it was guaranteed he would be gone, I would watch all the games with pleasure knowing it was the last time we would ever see Garrett. I would count down the game, the days until he was fired. There is not a bigger Garrett hater in the universe than me.

I have been telling people since Garrett 2nd season has OC how horrid he was. In those 11 years he has done NOTHING but prove me 100% accurate on the type of joke coach that he is.
Great dude, I’m not in the mood for your **** today. We’ll argue another time.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great dude, I’m not in the mood for your **** today. We’ll argue another time.

What is more insane? Me hating on a coach that has been to the playoffs twice in 8 years or you applauding him and hoping he remains coach?

Honestly

aria

Reaction score
What is more insane? Me hating on a coach that has been to the playoffs twice in 8 years or you applauding him and hoping he remains coach?

Honestly
What’s more insane? A loser who spends 90% of his life on an internet forum talking about a team that hasn’t done anythig in over TWENTY years or a guy who spends 20% of his time on an internet forum talking about a coach who most people hate.

As crazy as it sounds, I’ll go with the former. Get a life dude.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What’s more insane? A loser who spends 90% of his life on an internet forum talking about a team that hasn’t done anythig in over TWENTY years or a guy who spends 20% of his time on an internet forum talking about a coach who most people hate.

As crazy as it sounds, I’ll go with the former. Get a life dude.

LOL........Im retired, what can I tell you. Sold the business at 47 and Im enjoying the summer on the beach in southern Maine with the family. You dont seem to mind talking to me. And that anger issue. Cant you hold an argument? Cant handle a difference of opinion without cursing someone out?

And thanks I will go with the former. The retired guy that has higher standards. LOL

Aven8

Reaction score
Opening odds to be the first NFL head coach fired (@betway):

Hue Jackson +350
Adam Gase +750
Marvin Lewis +1000
Vance Joseph +1000
Dirk Koetter +1200
Jay Gruden +1200
Todd Bowles +1600
Bill O'Brien +2000
Jason Garrett +2500
John Harbaugh +2800
Jon Gruden +2800
Pete Carroll +2800

These aren’t exactly good odds that Garrett will be the first head coach fired, but they are the ninth-most. Dallas isn’t necessarily predicted to be a powerhouse this season either, but it’s worth noting that they are in the top half of the NFL when it comes to projected odds to win the Super Bowl as well.

Odds to win Super Bowl 53:

Patriots+650
Eagles+850
Steelers+1000
Rams/Vikings +1100
Packers+1400
Saints/Texans +1800
49ers/Falcons +2000
Chargers/Jaguars +2200
Raiders+2800
Chiefs+3000
Giants/Cowboys +3300
Panthers+3500
Broncos+4000
Titans+4500
Ravens/Lions +5500

It feels like Garrett is going to need to win, at the very least, a playoff game (or two) and/or reach the NFC Championship Game for perception around him to be that he shouldn’t be fired. The road is going to be difficult considering he shares a division with the reigning world champion Philadelphia Eagles, although the Cowboys do have the second-best odds at winning the NFC East.

Jason Garrett has been given a lot of time to make his mark with the Dallas Cowboys. A season without Jason Witten and Dez Bryant will focus on his face as one of the more seasoned on the sidelines. Can he pull it off, or do these odds have a point?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...y-to-be-first-head-coach-fired-dallas-cowboys

How Bill O'Brien is ahead of JG is ludicrous. I would take that dude in a NY minute!

Hadenough

Reaction score
The funny thing about football odds and the Cowboys is they change week to week. I have seen them start the season at 20-1 to win a SB and the Cowboys win two games and the odds suddenly are at 12 -1. Odds are to even out the betting! not the true chance a team has at winning a SB.

As far as Garrett, the more I think about it the more I believe Garrett will be moved into the Cowboys office instead of being fired. Jason will be promoted as a motivational speak to all the workers at AT&T Stadium.

aria

Reaction score
LOL........Im retired, what can I tell you. Sold the business at 47 and Im enjoying the summer on the beach in southern Maine with the family. You dont seem to mind talking to me. And that anger issue. Cant you hold an argument? Cant handle a difference of opinion without cursing someone out?

And thanks I will go with the former. The retired guy that has higher standards. LOL
Thanks for your resume chief, go find a rope.

PS I’d rather still be workig and doing what I do for a living rather then sitting on a beach in Maine, bragging about how awesome I am and surfing a Cowboys forum all day. Have at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thanks for your resume chief, go find a rope.

PS I’d rather still be workig and doing what I do for a living rather then sitting on a beach in Maine, bragging about how awesome I am and surfing a Cowboys forum all day. Have at it.

Oh no problem have at it. Enjoy. I'm going to pick up a few lobsters and 4 pounds of steamers and cook them up with the wife and kids while I watch the sunset. Don't forget you gotta go back to work on Monday. Or maybe you just graduated high school and you have the summer off.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The funny thing about football odds and the Cowboys is they change week to week. I have seen them start the season at 20-1 to win a SB and the Cowboys win two games and the odds suddenly are at 12 -1. Odds are to even out the betting! not the true chance a team has at winning a SB.

As far as Garrett, the more I think about it the more I believe Garrett will be moved into the Cowboys office instead of being fired. Jason will be promoted as a motivational speak to all the workers at AT&T Stadium.

LOL.........anything to get him away from the team on the field.

aria

Reaction score
Oh no problem have at it. Enjoy. I'm going to pick up a few lobsters and 4 pounds of steamers and cook them up with the wife and kids while I watch the sunset. Don't forget you gotta go back to work on Monday. Or maybe you just graduated high school and you have the summer off.
Lol, what a chode. I’m actually working tomorrow and Monday, looking forward to it as well! Don’t choke on your lobster. BTW, I don’t envy people with kids, sorry for your loss.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol, what a chode. I’m actually working tomorrow and Monday, looking forward to it as well! Don’t choke on your lobster. BTW, I don’t envy people with kids, sorry for your loss.

You don't like kids? Most wonderful thing in life. A young guy then. Makes sense. Enjoy your youth. Dont let your emotions get the best of you.

You must be used to the last 20 years of mediocrity then. There was a time when the Cowboys were consistently one of the best teams in the NFL for a long time.

aria

Reaction score
You don't like kids? Most wonderful thing in life. A young guy then. Makes sense. Enjoy your youth. Dont let your emotions get the best of you.

You must be used to the last 20 years of mediocrity then. There was a time when the Cowboys were consistently one of the best teams in the NFL for a long time.
Nah, not much younger than you so make sense of that, I just don’t want any of my own. Thanks for the life tips, I’me enjoying myself plenty. I’m also quite familiar with when the Cowboys were good, thanks for the reminder.