One of the best non play plays in Cowboys history

Cebrin

Reaction score
That was a “Ring of Honor” moment for George Teague for sure. An even better moment woukd have been to not let TO score, but that’s a different topic, lol.
I'm sure there's a lot of guys (and gals) that wished they didn't let T.O. score. ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"troll" or "truth"....that is the question.

Just because you disagree or makes you mad...doesn;t make a "troll" It's like people don' l even know what a real internet troll is these days.

I didn't say what I said for trolling purpose. Oh...wait....unless you are saying YOU are the troll?

You;d think after 25+ years of internet I;d have all this figured out by now. Who's who and who does what. But it's a chaotic unfathomable universe. What can ya do?
I was referring to TO .

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Never forget it! I hated Owens.

Owens used to be the player I hated the most; then he joined the Eagles the team I hated the most. The first year he was on the cowboys I still hated him and hated that he was on our team. I like TO now, but he still has issues ;)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with it, as long as it's not b.s. It makes them seem like more down to Earth guys.
Most of them are. My staff and I were at the San Antonio Riverwalk once and Michael Irvin was having dinner with a woman. He had security so no one could bother him. A couple of my coaches went up to one of the guards and asked if they could meet him, he was told no. We kept on walking, my two young assistants asked again. The guard told Irvin that they were HS football coaches. Irvin waved them over, signed napkins from his table for them and took pictures with both of them flashing his big smile. I watched from a distance, but I really like Irvin even more after he did that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He shut himself up right out of the league. A cancer and no one wanted him.
who TO he had long and very productive career

he will never be out of the NFL he has BUST in Canton and Gold Jacket..thats forever in the NFL..i know last 30 years we forgot how that feels..he succeeded every team he went to and was one of the greatest players of all time .. still top 3 i believe in NFL WR History Books..

you may not like the guy and his personality but the nfl about production,

cant top TOs production but he didnt talk his way out of anything and hes not the only player in the nfl as matter of fact theres so many Diva big mouth Wrs in the league, ist hard to tell them apart..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fine with it, as long as it's not b.s. It makes them seem like more down to Earth guys.

I guess that's the thing. I probably should give ranch the benefit of any doubt. And look at it as them hanging with HIM...not him schmoozing with them. Good call.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
who TO he had long and very productive career

he will never be out of the NFL he has BUST in Canton and Gold Jacket..thats forever in the NFL..i know last 30 years we forgot how that feels..he succeeded every team he went to and was one of the greatest players of all time .. still top 3 i believe in NFL WR History Books..

you may not like the guy and his personality but the nfl about production,

cant top TOs production but he didnt talk his way out of anything and hes not the only player in the nfl as matter of fact theres so many Diva big mouth Wrs in the league, ist hard to tell them apart..

TO’s induction into the Hall perfectly encapsulates who he was as a teammate and a player on the field. The argument for TO being inducted into the HOF is not even debatable. His career stats made him an absolute stone cold lock for induction.

Yet when he was inducted in 2018, he told the NFL to *** off and refused to participate in the induction ceremony, didn’t personally step foot in Canton for any ancillary HOF events, and held his own ceremony on his alma mater’s (Chattanooga) campus. For those that haven’t been to an induction weekend at the HOF, the setting is very intimate and many of the ancillary events outside of the induction ceremony and the game are catered to the fans. In typical TO prima dona fashion, he screwed the fans just to be able to flip off the NFL because it was more important for him to create a controversial backdrop to an immense honor rather than humbly accept his induction to the pantheon of football gods while interacting with fans of his career because that made him feel good. If you wanted to interact with him, you had to eschew the entire HOF induction ceremony where you might well have wanted to interact with TO’s other class members. Nope. If you wanted to see him, you had to choose. He enjoyed being at the center of controversy revolving around a perceived lack of respect. That kind of pernicious fetish destroys team continuity. A guy that self centered and egoistic was likely to be a terrible teammate and that’s what we saw through out his career. Monster talent coupled with monster problems.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
TO’s induction into the Hall perfectly encapsulates who he was as a teammate and a player on the field. The argument for TO being inducted into the HOF is not even debatable. His career stats made him an absolute stone cold lock for induction.

Yet when he was inducted in 2018, he told the NFL to *** off and refused to participate in the induction ceremony, didn’t personally step foot in Canton for any ancillary HOF events, and held his own ceremony on his Alma mater’s (Chattanooga) campus. For those that haven’t been to an induction weekend at the HOF, the setting is very intimate and many of the ancillary events outside of the induction ceremony and the game are catered to the fans. In typical TO prima dona fashion, he screwed the fans just to be able to flip off the NFL because it was more important for him to create a controversial backdrop to an immense honor than it was to interact with fans of his career because that made him feel good. He enjoyed being at the center of controversy revolving around a perceived lack of respect. That kind of fetish destroys team continuity. A guy that self centered and egoistic was likely to be a terrible teammate and that’s what we saw through out his career. Monster talent coupled with monster problems.
he didnt like the bias for not going in in first ballot and hey if he felt slighted, nothing wrong with him making a protest..who cares I liked TO unless we were playing him

show me the arrest record , DV, accused of murder, child abuse, anyone complain on how hard he worked on his body and game? how hard coming back from injury? he didnt embarrass the nfl like most accuse him of because on and off the field he never was accused or arrested of anything close to a lot of players around the nfl..

so he liked to shine a light on himself and put on show, he was selfish in that aspect but again the NFl throughout 50 plus years have had these types of players and as media and SM got more saturated it made it appear worse..

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
he didnt like the bias for not going in in first ballot and hey if he felt slighted, nothing wrong with him making a protest..who cares I liked TO unless we were playing him

show me the arrest record , DV, accused of murder, child abuse, anyone complain on how hard he worked on his body and game? how hard coming back from injury? he didnt embarrass the nfl like most accuse him of because on and off the field he never was accused or arrested of anything close to a lot of players around the nfl..

so he liked to shine a light on himself and put on show, he was selfish in that aspect but again the NFl throughout 50 plus years have had these types of players and as media and SM got more saturated it made it appear worse..

No it was far more pernicious than that. On the spectrum of prima donas in this league, TO was far, far closer to the AB side of the spectrum than the other side. He caused locker room disruptions almost everywhere he went and it was generally revolving around complete bull****.

That has a cost and it’s not insignificant.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No it was far more pernicious than that. On the spectrum of prima donas in this league, TO was far, far closer to the AB side of the spectrum than the other side. He caused locker room disruptions almost everywhere he went and it was generally revolving around complete bull****.

That has a cost and it’s not insignificant.

sorry But AB was an off field issue as well like ET stop lumping TO in with Miscreants..

sorry but MI, Ocho sinco, Throw me th damn ball book writing KJ, steve smith, OBJ, and many many others through pot history

all TO Like heck dez was causing similar issues when not winning and his targets were low, it happens