One positive about the failed Jamal Adams trade

visionary

Reaction score
My questions are:

how many years does it take for our supposedly “great” FO to come to the realization that Woods is average and Heath is below average and safety is a very very important position on defense?

how does this supposedly “great” FO not take a safety in rd 2 and takes trash Hill over the knee that were available?

CB61

Reaction score
My questions are:

how many years does it take for our supposedly “great” FO to come to the realization that Woods is average and Heath is below average and safety is a very very important position on defense?

how does this supposedly “great” FO not take a safety in rd 2 and takes trash Hill over the knee that were available?
So why not give Donovan Wilson a shot? Don't start him but let's see what he's got get him some snaps, they must be seeing something where they just don't trust him I just don't see how not playing him has enough upside?

CB61

Reaction score
So why not give Donovan Wilson a shot? Don't start him but let's see what he's got get him some snaps, they must be seeing something where they just don't trust him I just don't see how not playing him has enough upside?
An upside

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m still trying to figure out why we haven’t tried Wilson that had 4 picks in the PS. What’s it’s going to hurt?
Garrett isnt risking his job on a rookie. Its pretty clear. Rod is retiring at year end. Garrett most likely wont be here next year. He is going out the way he wants to and no one can fault him. Its a shame its gone on this long.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t think Adams would have been enough to make this team a leading contender for the Super Bowl. This team has an outside shot, with 6-7 teams more likely to win the Super Bowl, whether Adams is here or not. In the circumstances, it made sense not to mortgage the future.

But, yeah, it’s good to know the team is willing to invest a first to improve the position if the right safety is available.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly, I don’t think Adams would have been enough to make this team a leading contender for the Super Bowl. This team has an outside shot, with 6-7 teams more likely to win the Super Bowl, whether Adams is here or not. In the circumstances, it made sense not to mortgage the future.

But, yeah, it’s good to know the team is willing to invest a first to improve the position if the right safety is available.
If we were talking a 1 and 3, I would have been good with it because Adams is probably here for 10 years

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

We have as good a shot as anyone. Gotta shore up the run defense though. Adding Bennett very least improves the pass rush.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Arguably, our offer should go down too.
This offseason could be a sweet spot. Depending on if NY budges. 2 years of contract control, for me I would do a 1st and 3rd.

Also we have have Woods and Wilson under contract next season. So we will probably be looking at Safeties in the draft either was. Possibly high