One positive on what Jerry is about to pay Dak

Wood

Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is worth 28 million a year but that might be the going price for a starting qb in NFL now a day.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Absolutely agree. The Quarterback positions has become greatly overvalued.

True and funny thing is Rodgers the highest paid is upset because he does not have some of the weapons but fact is he does not have some of the weapons because he takes up so much of the cap that they can't keep key offensive weapons. So yes it benefits Rodgers personally but does not benefit him professionally

Wood

Reaction score
Wentz is a 1st round pick, they can easily go another year plus pick up the 5th year option.

Jerry can Walt another year too, but he won’t

They have nothing in the way of screwing the Eagles.

If Eagles want to operate in poor faith then yes they can go that route but I think they are sold on Wentz long term and Dak deal this off-season put pressure squarely on Eagles to extend Wentz sooner than you might think.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think it is one of the most over paid positions there are several QB making a ton of money but do not play up to the money they get. However the position pays that.

The position only pays that because someone else is willing to pay it if you don't. I don't believe there would be a single team in the league willing to pay Dak 28M a year. What team in the league would be willing to over pay Dak right now?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
its factual. Wentz is getting 10 million more year than Dak is getting. Eagle fans were initially celebrating reports of Dak over-pay by Jerry until they realized it directly screws them with Wentz contract.

How do you know what Wentz may or may not be offered?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The position only pays that because someone else is willing to pay it if you don't. I don't believe there would be a single team in the league willing to pay Dak 28M a year. What team in the league would be willing to over pay Dak right now?

based on what others are getting someone would step up. Let me say none of us even know what Jerry will offer up. I would also say how a deal is structured plays a big part.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The NFL needs a cap within the cap
Cap what pct of the total cap one player can get
These QB salaries are gonna cost other players money because they eat up so much cap space

Isn't that up to the teams to decide? We don't have to pay Dak 28 mil.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.
At this point no one knows what Dak is going to get. Especially Peter King.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why does Wentz get 12 mil more per year? Intangibles? 2nd overall? Injury prone?
Being on the sideline when Foles won the SB?

I'm pretty sure it's where he was picked in the draft.

Wood

Reaction score
Why does Wentz get 12 mil more per year? Intangibles? 2nd overall? Injury prone?
Being on the sideline when Foles won the SB?

higher draft status, superior arm, superior accuracy, superior velocity, superior read progressions, superior size. What Dak has on him is slightly better runner & toughness. I can't find single passing attribute I think Dak is better at. Eagles hands are tied directly to what Jerry does this off-season with Dak. Wentz agent is doing back-flips as Dak price keeps going up.