One positive on what Jerry is about to pay Dak

conner01

Reaction score
Isn't that up to the teams to decide? We don't have to pay Dak 28 mil.
It is
But teams know they have to have one
The same argument could be made to get rid of cap and leave it up to the teams
But parity is good for the nfl and everyone benefits from it

John813

Reaction score
higher draft status, superior arm, superior accuracy, superior velocity, superior read progressions, superior size. What Dak has on him is slightly better runner & toughness. I can't find single passing attribute I think Dak is better at. Eagles hands are tied directly to what Jerry does this off-season with Dak. Wentz agent is doing back-flips as Dak price keeps going up.

The new bar was set at 33.5mil aav by Rodgers.

I just can't see where an agent will say, "wow Dak got a new deal, Wentz is worth 12mil more per year than whatever Dak got". "Oh, he got 28mil per? Well I guess Wentz will get 6.5mil over Aaron Rodgers now".

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
If Cousins can command $84M guaranteed the market for Dak will be substantial.

Find me the team that really believes its a QB away from a Super Bowl, like Minnesota did, and then I might agree with you.

plymkr

Reaction score
The NFL needs a cap within the cap
Cap what pct of the total cap one player can get
These QB salaries are gonna cost other players money because they eat up so much cap space
I agree, I think they should put a cap on every position. This would end holdouts and make negotiations easier. Or have a rule that if you draft a player and he lasts more than five years on your team then that salary costs half against the cap then a FA that you didn't draft. I think there needs to be a cap based reward for drafting good players and developing them

lkelly

Reaction score
Why not use a transition tag and let the market set the rate for Dak? I'm assuming that he doesn't suddenly become a 2 time super bowl champion with 5,000 yard/40 TD seasons. He's probably got Tyrod Taylor level hype among other GMs. Is a team like NYG in 2 years going to be able to sell the fan base on a $35 million contract for a player who fumbles 15 times a game and has stretches with 200 yards peak output? Don't let Jerry bid against himself.

lkelly

Reaction score
higher draft status, superior arm, superior accuracy, superior velocity, superior read progressions, superior size. What Dak has on him is slightly better runner & toughness. I can't find single passing attribute I think Dak is better at. Eagles hands are tied directly to what Jerry does this off-season with Dak. Wentz agent is doing back-flips as Dak price keeps going up.

You had me at 'back flips' with regards to Wentz.

rags747

Reaction score
Why not just eliminate the cap all together? You don't see GOOG or AMZN or AAPL etc with a cap. Does basketball or baseball have caps...I have no idea if they do or not.

Bigdog

Reaction score
True and funny thing is Rodgers the highest paid is upset because he does not have some of the weapons but fact is he does not have some of the weapons because he takes up so much of the cap that they can't keep key offensive weapons. So yes it benefits Rodgers personally but does not benefit him professionally
So true and that is why Brady has taken a substantial discount and the fact that he is married to a super billionaire model.

Reaction score
I don't think money is a big motivator for Dak. He's doesn't need to be paid like one of the top guys. He does not have an ego like Aaron Rodgers.

I think he will be happy at $20M-$22M if he believes it will keep the team competitive over the long term. He will make up the difference in endorsements.

I have no proof for any of this. Just a hunch based on what I see.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If this team somehow makes to the NFC championship game ( don't mention the Super Bowl ), all bets are off. Dak will get top 5 money...........

landryscorner

Reaction score
If this team somehow makes to the NFC championship game ( don't mention the Super Bowl ), all bets are off. Dak will get top 5 money...........
No probowl? one of the worst ranked passing offenses in the league? leading Int's? really just the NFC championship game...hell Nick Foles is on the bench and he won the superbowl Please.......

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Even if Dallas wants to part ways with Dak, what do you do? who replaces him? This team does nothing to help develop back up qbs and our first round draft pick is gone and really who in teh nfl WHOS NOT locked up for years is worth wasting another year to get used to the team?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm going to put a power drill through my eye if Dak gets $28 million guaranteed. Unfortunately, if Kirk Cousins can get $28 million fully guaranteed, I bet Dak can too.

Better warm up the Craftsman...

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Why not just eliminate the cap all together? You don't see GOOG or AMZN or AAPL etc with a cap. Does basketball or baseball have caps...I have no idea if they do or not.
Basketball does. Baseball does not.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Peter King was on Cowherd and said Dak will get $28 million a year from Jerry. That hurts and its big over-pay but it also screws up Eagles salary cap. Philly will likely need to give Wentz close to $40 million if Dak gets $28. That significantly limits pieces they can add around Wentz (who is also being shut down for year due to back issues). Its arms race & while I think Wentz is still superior QB I think Dak might have better durability.

Based on what Dak has been able to do with Cooper, marginal TE's and a marginal Oline with bad coaching I am even more convinced that he is our guy. If we could get him for around 25 million per year it would be amazing. Might be prudent to sign him THIS offseason before these salaries keep going up. IF we fix some of these issued in the offseason, Dak might have a crazy year next year and demand crazy money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm going to put a power drill through my eye if Dak gets $28 million guaranteed. Unfortunately, if Kirk Cousins can get $28 million fully guaranteed, I bet Dak can too.

Better warm up the Craftsman...

I would Dak over Cousins all day long.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is worth 28 million a year but that might be the going price for a starting qb in NFL now a day.
I’d say, “Dak, we love you, but for the team you need to meet us half way at 22.”

He really should play for a discount below his worth, like other QB’s have, for the team’s sake..