One Thing We Should All Agree On About Dak

817Gill

Reaction score
In this day and age more than ever, coaching is a huge part of a Quarterbacks success. Simple examples like Goff with Fisher vs Goff with McVay, and how K. Shanahan can take Nick Mullen’s and make him a legit NFL Qb are great modern examples.

But even in history, no great QB has won a Super Bowl without great coaching. Montana, Brady, Farve, Brees, and Big Ben are all guys who we see as HOF’s but seem to forget the great coaching support they had around them.

I’m positive we all agree that the combo of Moore/Linehan/Garrett are near the bottom 5 in the league at development and expansion of a QB’s game. Without proper coaching, a player regresses or can become inconsistent, as the correct habits are not being taught and retained.

I don’t know why Dak is the only QB who is expected to flourish without good coaching. But it seems to me he is a prime example of a QB who could clean up his game with top notch coaching.

I think we should all agree to reserve full judgment on Dak until we see some type of competant coaching. Only then will we see the full picture.

**To those whining that Dak needs everything to win, please show me a guy who’s won anything significant with a bad coach and average personnel. Any Super Bowl winning team needs both great personnel and at least good coaching. Not one or the other.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
In this day and age more than ever, coaching is a huge part of a Quarterbacks success. Simple examples like Goff with Fisher vs Goff with McVay, and how K. Shanahan can take Nick Mullen’s and make him a legit NFL Qb are great modern examples.

But even in history, no great QB has won a Super Bowl without great coaching. Montana, Brady, Farve, Brees, and Big Ben are all guys who we see as HOF’s but seem to forget the great coaching support they had around them.

I’m positive we all agree that the combo of Moore/Linehan/Garrett are near the bottom 5 in the league at development and expansion of a QB’s game. Without proper coaching, a player regresses or can become inconsistent, as the correct habits are not being taught and retained.

I don’t know why Dak is the only QB who is expected to flourish without good coaching. But it seems to me he is a prime example of a QB who could clean up his game with top notch coaching.

I think we should all agree to reserve full judgment on Dak until we see some type of competant coaching. Only then will we see the full picture.

**To those whining that Dak needs everything to win, please show me a guy who’s won anything significant with a bad coach and average personnel. Any Super Bowl winning team needs both great personnel and at least good coaching. Not one or the other.
:clap:

Praxit

Reaction score
..Good enough for me. I say give Dak a fortune cookie, it might work just as well.. ;)..

blueblood70

Reaction score

so if you can make just anyone a LEGIT QB with good coaching why arent all QBS HOFs? Nick has had some good games but if it were that easy why were the ones before Nick good enough that they went and OVER PAID for JimmyG? I think Nick may have had some solid games but hes not on some kind of HOF path hes 3-4 63% CP, 10td 7int, hmm pay the man :)..you need the right player with the right coach for him..i agree I would like to see Dak with younger fresh OC with a tailored scheme and call plays to fully get all we can of Dak, we will know then..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I like the kid but I'm not ready to tie this team's fortunes to him long term. How's that big deal Stafford got in Detroit working? Just because he's your best option doesn't mean you pay him like he's one of THE best.

I let him play next year on his rookie contract - maybe franchise him the next year - until I see more consistency. If he and his agent want to hold out, let them.

erod

Reaction score

Linehan has done well with other quarterbacks.

Dak just isn't much to work with.

Kaiser

Reaction score
1-4 vs teams with 9 or more wins.

We beat the best team on the list (the Saints) and the Texans game went to OT and took a superman play by Hopkins to do it. The Seahawks game was before Amari Cooper and we lost because two passes hit a WR in the hands and deflect into INTs.

The other two loses were the Colts where they came out flat after six straight wins and then the Titans game.

Its a huge stretch to put that on Prescott.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
good points....

but its not Dak. Its Linehan. the OL, the WRs, the TEs, the RBs...well maybe not, the kicker, the punter, the defense, the fans in section 441, row 34, the global warming, everything and everyone is at fault...but not Dak.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The complaints about Linehan (or Garret as OC) didn't start showing frequently until the last couple of years.
Maybe there is trurh there, but where were all of these complaints before our man Dak arrived?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Who has Linehan done well with? You or I could have made the Stafford-Megatron connection work.

Romo did well with Linehan, not the other way around.

See above links

Dak's basically the only QB Linehan ever OC'd for where it didn't go well

Heck even Gus Frerotte was as productive under Linehan as Dak is

jnday

Reaction score

I can promise you that Garrett, Linehan or Moore are not coaching Dak to have accuracy issues and poor pocket presence. Dak has had those issues his entire career and many coaches will take the heat for his lack of talent in certain qualities that a QB should have to be successful.