Twitter: One year ago today, Cowboys traded for Amari Cooper

willia451

Reaction score
I said it then and I'll say it now. You only trade away a first round pick during the season if you think you are one piece away from a SB run.

We did it to save the season. And save Jason Garrett's job.

Neither of those reasons makes the cut.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
I said it then and I'll say it now. You only trade away a first round pick during the season if you think you are one piece away from a SB run.

We probably would have reached for Trystan Hill with that first pick.

Jstopper

Reaction score

well you were wrong then and you’re wrong now. The coop trade was amazing

Fontaine

Reaction score
Hated the trade at the time. Couldn’t be happier to be so wrong about something in my life. Great trade by Jerry, McClay, Stephen, whoever.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Absolutely hated the trade when I first heard about it. Rationalized it for about a week and came to the opinion that it was a really good trade.
Same thing with drafting Jaylon Smith. Thought it was a stupid pick on draft day, rationalized it for a day, and then saw it as a stroke of genius.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One of the best trades in Cowboys history. I always have doubts when trading a 1st rd pick away but this has been a very good deal for Dallas and with a player who is still young and can help this team for a good while

CWR

Reaction score

We also did it because it was our single biggest need and we were looking at a weak WR class in the draft.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Damn, a year ago already?? Time flies.

Glad Coop is a Cowboy. Hope he stays one for years to come.

giphy.gif