Twitter: One year ago today, Cowboys traded for Amari Cooper

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a 2nd is rich for Sanu. I actually think because they're such a great team / organization that the opposite can be true a lot of times. They don't operate under the same model, or constraints or rationale as any other teams in the league, and can afford to overpay 'just because' and get away with it. I think Sanu can/will be a great addition for them, and no one will care about the 2nd rounder when it comes time, but still think they overpaid in general.

What they did makes a lot of sense when you look at their WRs and the injuries they have sustained. They already have the best defense in the NFL. Sanu will bolster them and give Brady that big target over the middle. They've got 2 UDFA's catching balls right now. Thats not going to hold up against better teams. Their second rounder will be pick #60 or higher most likely which is basicaly akin to a high 3rd round pick.

Proof

Reaction score
What they did makes a lot of sense when you look at their WRs and the injuries they have sustained. They already have the best defense in the NFL. Sanu will bolster them and give Brady that big target over the middle. They've got 2 UDFA's catching balls right now. Thats not going to hold up against better teams. Their second rounder will be pick #60 or higher most likely which is basicaly akin to a high 3rd round pick.
Yeah I’m not knocking the move. It certainly helps them and they’re probably not sold on nkeal.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
When the news broke about the trade, i was pissed and voiced my opinion on how stupid the front office was.....

After watching cooper play a few games with the Cowboys.....I ate crow and was highly elated. Turned out to be one of the best Cowboy trades ever......so far.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I’m not knocking the move. It certainly helps them and they’re probably not sold on nkeal.

Nkeal had injury issues in college and they've just continued into his rookie year. The Pats have no patience for guys who can't stay on the field. He was one of those buy low guys on draft day with a big upside. I don't think Brady cares for rookies much either.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I said it then and I'll say it now. You only trade away a first round pick during the season if you think you are one piece away from a SB run.

We did it to save the season. And save Jason Garrett's job.

Neither of those reasons makes the cut.
We went 7-1 with him in regular season. 1-1 in playoffs for an over all record of 8-2. He is on pace for a good 1400 yards 90 catches and 10 TDs and Daks production and confidence is way up and he's only 25. I think that's worth a first round pick

willia451

Reaction score
We went 7-1 with him in regular season. 1-1 in playoffs for an over all record of 8-2. He is on pace for a good 1400 yards 90 catches and 10 TDs and Daks production and confidence is way up and he's only 25. I think that's worth a first round pick

Yes. Doing well in the Regular season does seem to be the new standard around here. In that respect, you are correct.

Nice job.