Online mock 2020 Cowboys picks

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Feel free to post 1st round mocks or Cowboys 1st round mocked picks whenever you guys see something published online.

Here's one from Brad Kelly from The Draft Network from today, September 19th.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kelly-s-2020-nfl-mock-draft-1.0

29. DALLAS COWBOYS - BRANDON JONES, TEXAS SAF
Dallas should have been looking for an upgrade over safety Jeff Heath for a few years now, and Texas-native Brandon Jones could be the answer.

With his ability to play near the box or work well in two-high looks, he’s the type of steady, impact player that you want out of the safety position. Coming from the University of Texas doesn't hurt to win over Cowboys fans, either.

nrw-tx-tcu-53.jpg

...regarding his Heath comments, it's crazy how everyone sees it but a few here, as well as a stubborn Front Office.

I know there are a ton of Longhorn/Cowboy fans who would love this pick.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
From Jordan Reid from The Draft Network 9/22/19

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jordan-reid-mock-draft-1.0

29. Dallas Cowboys - Xavier McKinney, SAF, Alabama
Needs: SAF, TE, CB

Xavier-McKinney-450x270.jpg

Will McClay is one of the best evaluators in the business and the teams recent draft success has translated onto the field. A secondary that's been spotty at best has been searching for an answer on the back-end of the defense for multiple seasons. McKinney brings a dependable presence to the table and one that checks many boxes in multiple areas of the game. Already with one of the more dynamic offenses in the game, the team elects to continue to build up the defense and spend resources in the secondary. McKinney is known for his play violence and mentality that he exemplifies on the third-level of the defense.

tenor.gif

Plankton

Reaction score
If Cole Kmet declares and is available, I'd love to see him as the pick.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If Cole Kmet declares and is available, I'd love to see him as the pick.

I must have missed him in the Notre Dame games I watched this year, how has he looked?

His 2019 stats so far:
Only played in 1 game (was he hurt the other 2?) making 9 catches for 108 yards and 1 TD

His 2018 stats:
Played in 11 games, making 15 catches for 162 yards

I hate Notre Dame (Trojan fan) but I am intrigued by Chase Claypool (6'4" 230)
15 catches for 256 yards and 2 TD so far.

Former basketball player. I see him as a big Y receiver, basically a pass-catching TE who can beat LB's, especially on Seam routes.

chase-claypool-notre-dame-miami-816x460.jpg

Plankton

Reaction score
I must have missed him in the Notre Dame games I watched this year, how has he looked?

His 2019 stats so far:
Only played in 1 game (was he hurt the other 2?) making 9 catches for 108 yards and 1 TD

His 2018 stats:

Former basketball player. I see him as a big Y receiver, basically a pass-catching TE who can beat LB's, especially on Seam routes.

He's a two sport athlete who also pitched on the ND baseball team. Not heavily experienced, but is big, rangy and real athletic. He looked like a complete stud against Georgia, and was due to be heavily featured this year prior to breaking his collarbone in summer camp. I think he's going to put up big numbers over the rest of the season, and he will be a first round guy at season's end. Huge upside.

Plankton

Reaction score

His 2019 stats so far:

His 2018 stats:

Claypool is another big rangy guy who doesn't have the greatest speed in the world. He's a special teams demon, so he'll likely go in the 4th or 5th round range. Totally agree on his NFL fit that you listed above. He'd also be a goal line threat out wide on jump balls.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Here's what that site states when you narrow it down to the Cowboys...

cowboys.svg

Dallas Cowboys
  • The Dallas Cowboys do not currently have a 2020 1st round pick, and therefore we can not project a consensus pick for this team.
* The consensus pick is determined by evaluating all the available mock drafts in our database and finding the most common players taken by the Dallas Cowboys at their draft position.

NOTE: Mock draft selections not in the standard draft position (due to out of date draft order or proposed trades) have been removed from this chart.

NOTE: The only mock drafts that have been published after the Super Bowl date (02/02/20) have been included in the graph image above.

DanA

Reaction score
I think the smart guys doing mock drafts will be looking to match us with a corner. There looks to be 4-5 that could go 1st round and I expect that is where we will look the hardest next draft. Even if we keep B.Jones we still have Anthony Brown out of contracts and limited time left on Chido and Lewis' contracts.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Here's what that site states when you narrow it down to the Cowboys...

cowboys.svg

Dallas Cowboys
  • The Dallas Cowboys do not currently have a 2020 1st round pick, and therefore we can not project a consensus pick for this team.
* The consensus pick is determined by evaluating all the available mock drafts in our database and finding the most common players taken by the Dallas Cowboys at their draft position.

NOTE: Mock draft selections not in the standard draft position (due to out of date draft order or proposed trades) have been removed from this chart.

NOTE: The only mock drafts that have been published after the Super Bowl date (02/02/20) have been included in the graph image above.

Whaaaaaa.....are you bashing my beautiful link?? o_O :)

That one of a kind outstanding beauty of a link gives the 1st round 2020 draft mocks from 73 sites, but I wasn't going to post all 73 picks for the Cowboys.

I suppose I could have done that, but that would have essentially hijacked this thread and given just about every pick from almost every NFL draft site out there.

Plus, I'm kind of lazy....:grin:

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think the smart guys doing mock drafts will be looking to match us with a corner. There looks to be 4-5 that could go 1st round and I expect that is where we will look the hardest next draft. Even if we keep B.Jones we still have Anthony Brown out of contracts and limited time left on Chido and Lewis' contracts.
I've seen a few mocks linking us to Virginia's Bryce Hall. He's 6'1", 200 lbs, and led the nation in PBU's last year.

Not the perfect prospect IMO but solid value and ability for a projected mid-to-late 1st rounder. He flashed in a lot of games I was watching (our should be) 2018 draft pick Juan Thornhill.

Hardline

Reaction score
From Michael Renner at PFF...from 9-11-19

https://www.pff.com/news/pff-2020-n...ailoa-chase-young-lead-the-way-at-nos-1-and-2

27. TE JARED PINKNEY, VANDERBILT | DALLAS COWBOYS
Pinkney looked back to his dynamic self against Purdue this past week, hauling in three of his four targets for 61 yards. His numbers, however, may never get off the ground this season, as the quarterback situation for Vanderbilt doesn’t look pretty.
Jared-Pinkney-Vanderbilt.jpg

The TE from Missouri was still on the board. I would've selected him. Most mocks I've seen has Pinkney at the back of round two .

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
from today, October7th.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-2020-nfl-mock-draft-2.0

..has us drafting 17th right now.

17. Cowboys
Trevon Diggs CB, Alabama
Dallas has some decisions to make and the expiring contract of Byron Jones is a challenging situation. If Jones leaves, Dallas would have Chidobe Awuzie and Anthony Brown as the top two corners on the roster which leaves something to be desired. Diggs has the size, athleticism and ball skills to be a No. 1 corner in the NFL.

has another CB going to teh Eagles 6 picks later
23.Eagles Paulson Adebo
CB, Stanford
The Eagles have invested in corners, but they either can't stay healthy or they keep struggling on the field. Time to keep investing and Adebo is one of my favorite prospects in the rising class. He’s fluid, instinctive, physical, smart and showcases outstanding ball skills - everything you’re looking for in a No. 1 corner.

Diggs, the younger brother of Vikings WR Stefon, is pretty athletic but not very physical.

Adebo seems more like a Kris Richard type corner.