Only 2 ways we lose to the Eagles Sunday night

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Don't forget the ol' forfeit......if we wave the white flag, they win as well. Of course, that never happens, but it is a legitimate option.

I do wonder this.....especially for a prime time game......what would happen if a team just walked off the field after the anthem and left the stadium due to a protest of the league? For instance, when the NFL made that bogus fine of the Cowboys and Commanders....what if one of the two just up and walked out on the game following that decision? I am sure the Giants get a slap on the wrist, Steelers too......but the Skins and us would have had the hammer brought down on us with the fury of a thousand Greek gods.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
This is an NFCE division game so I think statistics, trends and everything else goes out the window. It seems like when we play NYG, Wash or Philly, their weakest units have their best games of the season.

That's how the eagles have been winning vs good teams for the past 3 years. They no longer have Vick,.DeSean Jackson, Shady Mccoy so how the hell would their offense score 30 or more pts? Even GB couldn't do it and they were on their home field

_sturt_

Reaction score
1. Eagles special teams. So got to watch out for sproles on the punt return. And Josh huff on the kickoff return.

2. Defensive touchdowns. Malcolm Jenkins was the one who intercepted Kurt cousins in Washington

So those are the only two ways we can lose this game. We have the better offense and just don't see us losing unless the eagles get 14 pts from the special teams and 7 pts from the defense

Their running game is nothing to fear or their receiving core. There wll not be any shootout between dak and wentz. If we lose its because of special teams and turnovers

Yeah, I agree completely with the OP, though I prefer the "turnovers" thing to "defensive TDs" for #2.

I have to allow that the regression to the mean... in this case, defined as the likelihood that Dak has a bad day in comparison to all of his days so far... is going to happen at some point.

This is not a team that scares you, but it is still a good team. A good, capable team. We will have to win this game. I don't think they hand it to us. And to win this game, we're going to have to habitually score TDs, not FGs, imo.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Yep-- they get the edge in STs and defense. Lots of big plays for them from those 2 units. Gonna be a dogfight. Hopefully we run the ball down their throats and dominate them from whistle to whistle like we did with Cincinnati.

These NFC East games always have some non offense scoring involved. Good points...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My concern is that they've been reading to much of the love they've been getting, and these young'uns lose their focus.

They already shown they can stay focused. and this is where Jason is very good at. Keeping the team on an even keel.
It's a home game, and I think Dak will keep his same poise. Wentz may come out a bit over hyped / nervous, and this is where our D needs to jump all over him quickly to keep him that way.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loath the Eagles so much l can hardly stand to watch the games in case the Cowboys lose.

I can understand that, because when ever we lose to the Eagles, the first game, all we here is how the Eagles will go to the SB...until we play them the 2nd game.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I can understand that, because when ever we lose to the Eagles, the first game, all we here is how the Eagles will go to the SB...until we play them the 2nd game.

Yup like in 2014 when they came in here on Turkey day and won 38-14 to go to 9-3 at start of December and didn't make the playoffs because the lost the next 3 games. lol

cross

Reaction score
1. Eagles special teams. So got to watch out for sproles on the punt return. And Josh huff on the kickoff return.

2. Defensive touchdowns. Malcolm Jenkins was the one who intercepted Kurt cousins in Washington

So those are the only two ways we can lose this game. We have the better offense and just don't see us losing unless the eagles get 14 pts from the special teams and 7 pts from the defense

Their running game is nothing to fear or their receiving core. There wll not be any shootout between dak and wentz. If we lose its because of special teams and turnovers
Good perspective on this game, they are an opportunistic team, with fast atheletes, control that and they a very beatable, they're talent is not at the level of this team. FACT.

Doomsay

Reaction score
My concern is that they've been reading to much of the love they've been getting, and these young'uns lose their focus.
Hopefully the NY loss still stings. We are a different team than the one that played in September, I can't wait to play the Giants again.

Doomsay

Reaction score
If we stubbornly run into a 8 or 9 man box.

If we give Wince as much time as we did Rodgers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Carson
2. Wentz

I think he Randy Mosses us. Just goes off everytime we play him.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Darren Sproles is another way, they have to keep track of him in the passing game.