1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Only 2 ways we lose to the Eagles Sunday night

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

14,327 Messages
    2,254 Likes Received
    Don't forget the ol' forfeit......if we wave the white flag, they win as well. Of course, that never happens, but it is a legitimate option.

I do wonder this.....especially for a prime time game......what would happen if a team just walked off the field after the anthem and left the stadium due to a protest of the league? For instance, when the NFL made that bogus fine of the Cowboys and Redskins....what if one of the two just up and walked out on the game following that decision? I am sure the Giants get a slap on the wrist, Steelers too......but the Skins and us would have had the hammer brought down on us with the fury of a thousand Greek gods.

TheHerd likes this.
  2. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

7,586 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    That's how the eagles have been winning vs good teams for the past 3 years. They no longer have Vick,.DeSean Jackson, Shady Mccoy so how the hell would their offense score 30 or more pts? Even GB couldn't do it and they were on their home field

3. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

2,459 Messages
    2,373 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree completely with the OP, though I prefer the "turnovers" thing to "defensive TDs" for #2.

I have to allow that the regression to the mean... in this case, defined as the likelihood that Dak has a bad day in comparison to all of his days so far... is going to happen at some point.

This is not a team that scares you, but it is still a good team. A good, capable team. We will have to win this game. I don't think they hand it to us. And to win this game, we're going to have to habitually score TDs, not FGs, imo.

4. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

5,625 Messages
    3,434 Likes Received
    These NFC East games always have some non offense scoring involved. Good points...

5. CowboysFanSince88

7,586 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    Which is why I said the only way the eagles win is from special teams pts and defensive touchdowns. Their offense is not good enough to score 27 or more pts

mahoneybill likes this.
  6. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

43,028 Messages
    44,545 Likes Received
    They already shown they can stay focused. and this is where Jason is very good at. Keeping the team on an even keel.
    It's a home game, and I think Dak will keep his same poise. Wentz may come out a bit over hyped / nervous, and this is where our D needs to jump all over him quickly to keep him that way.

mahoneybill likes this.
  7. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

43,028 Messages
    44,545 Likes Received
    I can understand that, because when ever we lose to the Eagles, the first game, all we here is how the Eagles will go to the SB...until we play them the 2nd game.

8. CowboysFanSince88

7,586 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received

Yup like in 2014 when they came in here on Turkey day and won 38-14 to go to 9-3 at start of December and didn't make the playoffs because the lost the next 3 games. lol

jazzcat22 likes this.
  9. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,198 Messages
    20,895 Likes Received
    I still think them scoring more points than us will be the most likely reason we'd lose.

10. cross

cross Active Member

195 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    Good perspective on this game, they are an opportunistic team, with fast atheletes, control that and they a very beatable, they're talent is not at the level of this team. FACT.

11. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

20,010 Messages
    14,138 Likes Received
    Team hasn't done well with cheese in the past. Hopefully, we are young enough and hungry enough now.

Doomsay likes this.
  12. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

10,209 Messages
    5,825 Likes Received
    Hopefully the NY loss still stings. We are a different team than the one that played in September, I can't wait to play the Giants again.

13. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

10,209 Messages
    5,825 Likes Received
    If we stubbornly run into a 8 or 9 man box.

If we give Wince as much time as we did Rodgers.

14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,296 Messages
    103,046 Likes Received
    1. Carson
    2. Wentz

I think he Randy Mosses us. Just goes off everytime we play him.

15. CowboysFanSince88

7,586 Messages
    2,128 Likes Received
    why do u have to act like mongo?

16. Garrettop

Garrettop Well-Known Member

1,052 Messages
    1,985 Likes Received
    400 yards and 5tds passing......TO HIMSELF!

Bullflop likes this.
  17. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,654 Messages
    5,674 Likes Received
    So the guy averaging 220 yards passing per game is now going to throw 50 yard bombs to himself?

18. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,496 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Any TD scored by Philthy is offensive. In fact, the whole organization is offensive.

19. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

6,614 Messages
    10,436 Likes Received
    So its Thanksgiving 98 all over again? All that's missing is Billy Davis and Stepfret Williams.

20. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,316 Messages
    11,527 Likes Received
    Darren Sproles is another way, they have to keep track of him in the passing game.