1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Opinion: Cooper Rush is never giving the starting job back

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Sep 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

15,678 Messages
    3,749 Likes Received
    Which receivers hate.
    Dak throws it AT guys not TO them.

Swagger likes this.
  2. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

8,677 Messages
    8,834 Likes Received
    A noodle arm can turn into a good qb

3. MarionBarberThe4th

15,678 Messages
    3,749 Likes Received
    Anyone feel like the play calling was more unpredictable ? Usually as a fan when they go to lineup I’m like ok I bet it’s this and I’m usually right. Last night I wasn’t so sure.

4. MarionBarberThe4th

15,678 Messages
    3,749 Likes Received
    Guys stop saying noodle

5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

33,703 Messages
    33,794 Likes Received
    No, I’ve watched him throw for a few years now.

6. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

33,703 Messages
    33,794 Likes Received
    Actually Dak has increased his arm strength according to the players.

7. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,824 Messages
    13,316 Likes Received
    look at how far the cowboys and cowboys fandom have fallen, as we are arguing about Rush...and defending rush. a QB who has been in the league, got cut twice (or more) and 31 teams passed on him, except for cheapy cowboys.

he is not a cowboys saviour. sooner than later he will fall and his luck will run out. he has gotten lucky with bad throws past couple of games. but that luck won't last. and he is not a QB we are going to win with long term and build around.

we are stuck with Dak/Rush for another couple of years as cap implications are not in a way we can absorb. so another couple of years before we go fishing for the next QB in the next 10 years.....

such is a cowboys fan life...28+ years. reminds me of hunger games.... and we are still arguing over scraps.

Miller and kskboys like this.
  8. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

4,703 Messages
    6,766 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter if he has a Cannon he needs to start hitting players in stride at this point in his career.
    Throwing behind players continually and causing them to get blown up is causing them to hear footsteps and snowballing into a problem.

MarionBarberThe4th likes this.
  9. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    No, they can't. Maybe a competent backup, but not a good QB.

10. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

36,038 Messages
    38,800 Likes Received
    Dak's arm strength is not an issue. That's simply people spewing, usually in the incredibly lame Dak spats.

Rockport likes this.
  11. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

955 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    Joe Montana had a cannon of an arm. Straight lasers everywhere. Slicing and dicing.

12. Aerolithe_Lion

8,677 Messages
    8,834 Likes Received
    We may be thinking of different Joe Montanas… random that you brought him up specifically.

49ers had a saying about Joe: he was throwing balloons at darts

Blitzen likes this.
  13. Blitzen

955 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    Just my way of laughing at trains of thought about what makes a great QB. Jamarcus Russell could throw it like 70-80 yards from his knees. Never heard the balloons at darts quote-good stuff.

Aerolithe_Lion likes this.
  14. Aerolithe_Lion

8,677 Messages
    8,834 Likes Received
    Yeah I think a lot of people confuse arm strength with downfield accuracy. Like Drew Brees is a surgeon throwing 30 yards downfield, he’s never had a strong arm.

Matt Ryan has had one of the weakest arms of any longterm starter over the last 20 years, and dude has an MVP.

Swagger and Blitzen like this.
  15. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

19,328 Messages
    28,288 Likes Received
    I dunno, I'm pretty happy to get a good win.

Never forget, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl.

16. Blitzen

955 Messages
    978 Likes Received
    Yeah, anticipation and throwing to where a receiver will be at their current trajectory and speed are usually diminished when you watch a guy throw a bomb to an uncovered wide receiver 60 yards downfield. Then the same guy faces a much better secondary and the same ball is intercepted. Gotta be the wide receiver or coach to blame-I mean I’ve seen the QB do it before.

Swagger and Aerolithe_Lion like this.
  17. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,824 Messages
    13,316 Likes Received
    yeah, but the point is they build a team that could win with Trent Dilfer. do we have a team that can win with Dak or Rush? and dilfer wasn't a backup QB, UDFA who barely made it to the team. he was drafted player, started in the league.

rush barely made the cowboys. got cut. picked up by Giants because of Garrett, got cut. made the cowboys. got cut (although picked for PS). and nobody made an attempt to sign him during anytime he was available.

and do you seriously think Jones is capable of putting a winning team together?

if Rush is our savrious because of two wins. then we are more desparate than I knew.....
    don't forget Dak had a nice winning streak his first year.

18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

33,325 Messages
    23,969 Likes Received
    Rush has clearly worked on his mechanics. He is never going to throw 30 yard ropes but he uncorked some throws in the under 20 yard range that he didn't have in him before.

The Dak hate is understandable given his poor accuracy week 1 but the OP is just reactionary trash.

MarionBarberThe4th likes this.
  19. CWR

CWR Well-Known Member

19,328 Messages
    28,288 Likes Received
    This team can improve. This defense can be dominant. The oline can start mauling in the run game. If those things happen Dak can get us there.

I'm not counting on it, but I won't rule it out in week 2, after beating the afc Champs especially.

Big D likes this.
  20. HonoluluCowboy

HonoluluCowboy Well-Known Member

378 Messages
    609 Likes Received

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.