Opinion: If Garrett is not extended, Linehan stays

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hot take: Jason Garrett might survive this season. Does anybody really think that's an actual question mark at this point?

Linehan, however, might be a different story. If Marinelli retires, we're already swapping out the DC. I expect we'd keep Linehan, but as I've said in other threads, I do think there's something going on there thats rubbing people the wrong way in Dallas. If the players--specifically Cooper--really do have an issue with him, I could see him moving on, too.

For me, the question isn't firing Linehan but finding a quality replacement to work for a lame duck coach IF Garrett isn't extended. Even if Jerry find one, how you sign him to a multi-year deal with Jason in a contract year? Doubt many coaches wanna up-root or move their family on a one year deal.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
If JG is brought back for 2019 trust me Jerry will add a year or two to keep him from being a lame duck it’s pretty SOP around the league even with bad coaches. I don’t see Scott being here no matter who the HC is. I think they will try to poach a young guy from somewhere like LAR or KC. I think they will look for someone on a creative staff and with a mobile QB. If the Browns staff gets cleaned out I’d make a run at their OC what he has done with Baker and Chubb could be done with Dak and EE.