Opinion: Jerry Jones only really offered 29 million to Dak

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I believe Jerry only offered 29 million a year to Dak, and does not want to pay any more than 32 million a year max. Simply put it the old man doesn’t value Dak behind all the fluff talk he does. Dak will not give into Jerry knowing he has a stronger mental fortitude than ole man, which is like accomplishing a great feat.

#TeamDakCowboys :dance::dance::dance::dance:> #TeamJerryCowboys 24/7

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Has Alarcon approached HOF levels yet homeboy?

Hey! They got this dude from Tijuana! Drop us some of your reality on that guy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I had the distinct impression that $35 mil was on the table, as the last proposal that was presented to Dak before things went awry last year. Obviously, that wasn't accepted.

Needless to say, that wasn't the solution that was ultimately agreed upon, shortly before everything cam to a rather abrupt halt. The contract length was, instead, the issue.

Last edited:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Cowboys should just either franchise him for one more year or offer Dak their best contract offer and tell Dak and his agent, he has two weeks to agree or they'll be looking into a different direction via free agency or the draft.....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I believe Jerry only offered 29 million a year to Dak, and does not want to pay any more than 32 million a year max. Simply put it the old man doesn’t value Dak behind all the fluff talk he does. Dak will not give into Jerry knowing he has a stronger mental fortitude than ole man, which is like accomplishing a great feat.

So it's your opinion he was offered only $29M/season???

Well, here is what many sources actually quoted:

"The Cowboys offered Prescott a deal that sources said averaged $34.5 million a year, included a $50 million signing bonus and had $110 million in guarantees. The biggest issue was the length of the term."

So basically a 5-year/$172.5M deal with a $50M signing bonus and $110M in guarantees. So a deal that would have him just below Russell Wilson ($35M/year average) as the 3rd highest per year average of all NFL QB's.......sorry but that seems like a damn good deal and if it was because Dallas wanted him for a 5th year and Dak only wanted 4 years, well sorry but the deal was a good one.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Cowboys should just either franchise him for one more year or offer Dak their best contract offer and tell Dak and his agent, he has two weeks to agree or they'll be looking into a different direction via free agency or the draft.....

lol. Dream on.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So it's your opinion he was offered only $29M/season???

Well, here is what many sources actually quoted:

"The Cowboys offered Prescott a deal that sources said averaged $34.5 million a year, included a $50 million signing bonus and had $110 million in guarantees. The biggest issue was the length of the term."

So basically a 5-year/$172.5M deal with a $50M signing bonus and $110M in guarantees. So a deal that would have him just below Russell Wilson ($35M/year average) as the 3rd highest per year average of all NFL QB's.......sorry but that seems like a damn good deal and if it was because Dallas wanted him for a 5th year and Dak only wanted 4 years, well sorry but the deal was a good one.
Eh... tbh, you're not much better than @Dak_Attack_09 . You're just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Key words are I believe and IMO in your statement, only just like the talking heads lol you present it as factual
or accurate.
The truth is no one knows except dak and jones boys and goofy the agent.
Insider sources had it at 35 mil year on 5 year deal.

It doesnt matter now and things have changed, dak broke his ankle, so he could be viewed as not as durable as he was.
Durability was one thing all agreed on with dak, but now that is in question somewhat.

IMO I really dont want to get the whole dak contract thing started again, lets talk about something else.
I got sick of hearing about dak last year , and it really made me not like him because people wont shut up about him or what he is worth, not worth .
Rah Rah Blah Blah sick of it, let dako and jones boys work it out, and whatever happens happens.
AFTER IT HAPPENS, then we can talk about it.

Otherwise it is just meaningless blah blah about a worn out topic.

Loso86

Reaction score

You realize reports and Daks people said 35 mil was on the table it was about Length of contract which is why Dak fired his agent and got involved himself and almost made a deal but it was too late

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Key words are I believe and IMO in your statement, only just like the talking heads lol you present it as factual
or accurate.
The truth is no one knows except dak and jones boys and goofy the agent.
Insider sources had it at 35 mil year on 5 year deal.

It doesnt matter now and things have changed, dak broke his ankle, so he could be viewed as not as durable as he was.
Durability was one thing all agreed on with dak, but now that is in question somewhat.

IMO I really dont want to get the whole dak contract thing started again, lets talk about something else.
I got sick of hearing about dak last year , and it really made me not like him because people wont shut up about him or what he is worth, not worth .
Rah Rah Blah Blah sick of it, let dako and jones boys work it out, and whatever happens happens.
AFTER IT HAPPENS, then we can talk about it.

Otherwise it is just meaningless blah blah about a worn out topic.
:hammer:It's the ghost of dead horses.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It seems far too likely that the Dallas FO is intent upon insisting on a settlement favorable to their somewhat privileged acceptance. Needless to say, things will proceed at a snails pace, only to be stalemated indefinitely, until push comes to shove. In the end, good luck guessing the result.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems far too likely that th e Dallas FO is intent upon insisting on a settlement favorable to their somewhat privileged acceptance. Needless to say, things will proceed at a snails pace, only to be stalemated indefinitely, until push comes to shove. In the end, good luck guessing the result.
They are playing chicken with the outcome of the team's future at stake. If they really liked Dak and thought he was all that, they would have already signed him.