Orlando Scandrick confirms it: We're running a 2001 offense in 2019

stuckindc

Reaction score
Does this offense really look like the one when Scandrick was here? I don't remember averaging 317 yards per game passing when Scandrick was with Dallas.

of those 317 yards, when is our vaunted offense getting them? trash yards is all they are..

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Anyone remember when the ravens played in Texas stadium... I believe it was the last game we ever played there.

I remember them beating us and ray Lewis and Ed reed at the end of the game commenting about how stupid our offense was. Garret always the OC at the time.

It’s not simply that we aren’t creative enough. It’s not being able to utilize personnel effectively and adjust.

and it’s been going on for years now. Garret basically does nothing. Kellen moore was promoted and prob wasn’t ready ect ect

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's not the issue.
I could run a 1965 offense and win.
It's not about playcalling.
It's about how you run the play thats called.
The Cowboys are anemic because they lack direction.

Tell that to the defenses who know which plays will be called pre snap.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Does this offense really look like the one when Scandrick was here? I don't remember averaging 317 yards per game passing when Scandrick was with Dallas.

We're only averaging 317 yards because:
A. Our ST and defense sucks. We never get short fields, forcing us to drive down the field 80 yards every drive
and
B. When we're down 17-20 points with only a quarter to go, the opposing defense is going to let off the gas at least a little bit, allowing us to drive up our yardage. It happened last night.

No the offense isn't the same, but its still predictable. Run up the middle for first down. Never run screens, etc.

Bigdog

Reaction score
On "Undisputed" …

We have NO creativity on offense. Running the same thing over and over again (and expecting different results).

We need a new coaching staff, somebody who can bring some creativity and modernity to our offense AND defense.
That is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
of those 317 yards, when is our vaunted offense getting them? trash yards is all they are..
First, that's beside the point. I wasn't saying the offense was a well oiled machine, I was saying it looks different than when Scandrick was here.

Second, there have been some games like that, but it's nonsense to suggest that's all there have been. It's not all games are ideal, or all games are trash. Fans like to spin things like that, but that's not how reality works. The truth is always somewhere in between.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
On "Undisputed" …

We have NO creativity on offense. Running the same thing over and over again (and expecting different results).

We need a new coaching staff, somebody who can bring some creativity and modernity to our offense AND defense.
wait, wasn't moore the genius boy? with a new offense. pre snap motion, multiple receiver formations, blah blah blah...

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Many may not think highly of OSCAN, but he played in the league a long time and playing the slot as long has he did, his job was to study formations, route concepts etc. so I believe him if he said this. But Moore is using Garrett's playbook and adding his own little wrinkles to it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
On "Undisputed" …

This has been mentioned about a 1,000,000 times already.

glimmerman

Reaction score
But I thought after the first three weeks Moore was an offensive genius, everyone loved his creativity and it’s what this team has been lacking for the past decade or more. He was already crowned the next HC in waiting by several fans.
What happened after those first 3 weeks.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It's always interesting how it's obvious from reactions to the OP that people don't watch the video or in other cases read the articles. Scandrick who isn't my favorite guy (I met him and he was being an a@# to everyone at the time) is looking at the team from the outside. He is sharing his perception of the team from the outside and a few insights inside the org. From the outside he is saying we are just lining up and doing the same thing over and over again vs being creative. That is his point on the offense. From the inside he says JG is good at focusing on the bottom lime and is a good "leader of men" but not "leader of football".

I think it validates what we have seen over the years and this year specifically.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. I hope his coaching career hasn't been stunted for years by this. He probably has potential but Garrett's playbook and game planning influence might have ruined him, or at least set him back for years.
Yeah he’s young enough to not be effected but it sucks he’s being judged for it.

robjay04

Reaction score
We? Scandrick hasn't been on the team in 3 years.

Feels like it but this is actually only his second full season away from the team.

He was here for Awuzi, Lewis and Woods rookie season.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
On "Undisputed" …

Aikman said similar things last night.

The offence just lines up and challenges the defense to stop it. They do not disguise anything.

Now this is a reflection on Garrett.

He is not out of the box creative. Our most creative play is the jet sweep.

That's it.

Come on man.

:angry: