Orlando Scandrick confirms it: We're running a 2001 offense in 2019

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's why NE wins. Belicheck understands what he can do with what he has and forces other teams to react to him.
They soon make mistakes because they lose touch with their own strengths, and the Patriots capitalize.

The Patriots adapt as the game goes on. Nobody makes better half time adjustments than Belechek. If something isn't working, Belechek doesn't stubbornly stick to it b/c it was what the team practiced on tuesday.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Not scheme- philosophy.
It doesn't matter what weaknesses another team possesses if those are not your strengths.
Take your strengths and use them in a way so as to make a weakness in the other team they didn't know they had.
Sounds like a Garrett led .500 team to me. Don’t outsmart anyone. Don’t even attempt it. Just play your game and hope for the best.

leeblair

Reaction score
Sounds like a Garrett led .500 team to me. Don’t outsmart anyone. Don’t even attempt it. Just play your game and hope for the best.
Garrett doesn't have a plan at all, other than "Let's try this".
He doesn't understand running the ball in a strategic plan to weaken the defense. He doesn't understand the importance of domination of the offensive line at all costs.
Football is akin to war. It's based on territory. You use your air attack in conjunction with your ground forces to gain land.
Garrett thinks its a game.

Cmac

Reaction score
On "Undisputed" …

We have NO creativity on offense. Running the same thing over and over again (and expecting different results).

We need a new coaching staff, somebody who can bring some creativity and modernity to our offense AND defense.
Scandrick, with the "We", is hoping for a JWitt-like return. He ain't been a "we" for 3 years. He been a journeyman CB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agree. I think Garrett told him you run this, but put in some wrinkles with motion that make it look different. The opposition after a few games figured that out.

Watching the game last night I saw the Bears players pointing to where they knew the run was going to go. But for Zeke bulldogging a few more yards, or finally getting a crease they were right in their call
Yep. Bringing in Moore was suppose to disguise what we are doing but it’s not. It’s still Jason.....

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
2001 is generous.

I'd say 1991, except even we can't use a full back efficiently.
I'd prefer we used a FB. I wouldn't mind if we went with a jumbo set half the game and just pounded like Jim Harbaugh niners the year they went to SB.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
That's not the issue.
I could run a 1965 offense and win.
It's not about playcalling.
It's about how you run the play thats called.
The Cowboys are anemic because they lack direction.

Your unique ability to direct a professional sports team is duly noted. Now go back to Madden.

leeblair

Reaction score
Your unique ability to direct a professional sports team is duly noted. Now go back to Madden.
It's a figure of speech. I didn't want to say "we" because I'm not on the Cowboys.
I don't play madden.
The fact remains the same- it's not the playcalling, but how it's done that matters.
That means blocking, formation, and routes for receivers- as well as strategically calling the plays to keep the defense off balance.
It's football.

Cmac

Reaction score
OScan with merit now?......he couldn't even acknowledge his very own play in KC when asked about it on Undisputed about Mahomes vs Brady. And we know how it went in Philly, and we know how the quick cup of coffee went in Washington. C'mon Man!