Other than Parsons, our defense sucks and Dak rocks

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak will not lead this team to a super bowl . He has missed several throws in recent weeks IMO he's got to be injured and trying to play through , but it's not going to work.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
400 yards and 2 touchdowns speak for themselves lol.

Alternatively, he failed in OT, when the game was there to be WON, the 3rd down pass to a wide open Brown was pretty below average (at best).

He's the epitome of inconsistency.....hence the number of threads.

I suppose it all depends on whether you judge success on stats or wins.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Dak rocks, is that some new terminology, like bad, is good. Does rock mean sucks?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak had over 300 yards and brought them back to take the lead but the defense couldn’t hold. Zeke had a 2.8 yards per carry average. Dak did his part but couldn’t overcome the shortcomings on defense. Can’t give up 36 pts and expect to win with you’re #1 and #2 WR’s out. Although that wasn’t the reason for the loss. Dak and the offense scored 33.

You are aware that we were also missing: Lawrence, Gallimore, Urban, Gregory (Cox)? The amount of talent and money spent on this offense means we will rely on that side of the ball.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Bro, Dak is average at best. He can’t elevate his team. He needs help to succeed.

Who are you responding too? I think he's a fair bit better than average, but yes he isnt the game winning total package and he does need the rest of the talented offense to succeed.

Here in the UK our feed certainly had a balanced view on Dak and his inconsistencies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny how I've seen several posts about how "Dak got outplayed by Carr" or that "Carr is a better QB". Let's look at the numbers.

Carr
24/39 373 1 TD

Dak
32/47 375 2 TD

:thumbup:
Here's a case of clear stat abuse. Your precious dear stats don't say when Carr made the play that was needed and dsk choked.

Can't say I blame you for trying to use the raw numbers.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are aware that we were also missing: Lawrence, Gallimore, Urban, Gregory (Cox)? The amount of talent and money spent on this offense means we will rely on that side of the ball.
So that means it's okay to throw 9n the dirt to the open #5 wr? Weird.

FTWayne

Reaction score
when is romo going to get the blame for dak sucking? asking for us Cowboys fans

Adreme

Reaction score
Here's a case of clear stat abuse. Your precious dear stats don't say when Carr made the play that was needed and dsk choked.

Can't say I blame you for trying to use the raw numbers.

If the WR actually catches the ball that he gets 2 hands on then you would not be arguing that Dak choked. Dak made a throw where a professional WR got 2 hands on the football and could not make the catch. That is the difference between a starter and a backup. Starters can catch a ball when they get 2 hands on it and backups cannot handle even the slightest adversity.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the WR actually catches the ball that he gets 2 hands on then you would not be arguing that Dak choked. Dak made a throw where a professional WR got 2 hands on the football and could not make the catch. That is the difference between a starter and a backup. Starters can catch a ball when they get 2 hands on it and backups cannot handle even the slightest adversity.
I never said he didn't make any good throws or that we didn't have some drops.
And ceedee and Amari have had their share of drops...specially ceedee.

So not sure what you are talking about. Don't hurt your self making excuses

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You seem to be making excuses that we are missing players?

No, if you read it in context to the post i'm responding to i'm actually pointing out that our defense were also missing keys parts. Redzone Rocky's post was claiming we lost because of missing WR's.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, if you read it in context to the post i'm responding to i'm actually pointing out that our defense were also missing keys parts. Redzone Rocky's post was claiming we lost because of missing WR's.
Got it...thank you for clarification.

Adreme

Reaction score
I never said he didn't make any good throws or that we didn't have some drops.
And ceedee and Amari have had their share of drops...specially ceedee.

So not sure what you are talking about. Don't hurt your self making excuses

Reality isnt an excuse. The throw was made on 3rd down. The WR got 2 hands on it and it wasnt a catch. That is on the WR. I have had the same standards for WR for over a decade now: if you get 2 hands on the ball you should catch it. You do not get an excuse when your job is to catch the ball and you cant do it when you get 2 hands on it.