Our 3T Defensive Tackles-time for someone to step up!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The front office has used 3 day 2 picks at the 3T Defensive Tackle position and haven't gotten much production out of any of them:

Hill-raw prospect that was handpicked by Marinelli. Has shown flashes, but missed a ton of time due to injury. Last chance to make the next step as he is on the roster bubble.

Gallimore-has the frame as a NT, playing the 3T position. Just like Hill, more of a flash player who has missed a ton of time due to injury. Has to take the next step or he will be our Hill next season fighting for a roster spot.

Osa-the only prospect that was drafted by the current staff. Was real good early on, but appeared to hit the rookie wall. A year to add more weight to his frame is needed. Shows the most promise out of the 3.

Majic

Reaction score
A position we always seem to over-value and never find the solution

Acceptablename

Reaction score
The front office has used 3 day 2 picks at the 3T Defensive Tackle position and haven't gotten much production out of any of them:

Hill-raw prospect that was handpicked by Marinelli. Has shown flashes, but missed a ton of time due to injury. Last chance to make the next step as he is on the roster bubble.

Gallimore-has the frame as a NT, playing the 3T position. Just like Hill, more of a flash player who has missed a ton of time due to injury. Has to take the next step or he will be our Hill next season fighting for a roster spot.

Osa-the only prospect that was drafted by the current staff. Was real good early on, but appeared to hit the rookie wall. A year to add more weight to his frame is needed. Shows the most promise out of the 3.
Ill agree on Hill. His a punk child

DanA

Reaction score
What I like about both Osa and Gallimore is that they were demons in the weight room before they joined the Cowboys. Both set records at their perspective colleges and were shifting huge numbers if what I’ve read is to be believed.

Injuries aside, it’s only a matter of time before that work ethic translates. Osa in particular, he was also a damn good wrestler being the nations no.1 ranked heavy weight in high school and you don’t get there without freakishly good athleticism and tenacity.

Sydla

Reaction score
The reality is the guys we have (well not Hill) are good, serviceable DTs. But expecting Gallimore or Osa to evolve into interior DL game wreckers is silly at this point.

But that's what the Jerry and Stephen believe. They are the dynamic duo that short changes DT but thinks it was wise to have your TB eating up 18 million in cap space. They really don't know what they are doing. They just collect players. They dont have a strategy. That was evident with the Gregory/DE situation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ah yes, the flashes of a quality player from Trysten Hill and that dreaded mid October rookie wall that hit Osa Digsourmomma.

Fans.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Hill's last chance. He must have a hell of a TC to make the roster.
I think he and Bohanna vie for the last DL spot, or at least the DT. What will save one of them is if they keep 11 DL.

Hill is in a contract year as well I believe. Bohanna in his 2nd, so need to see what progress he makes also. As he is the cheaper options and has what, 2 more years on his deal. Don't late round picks usually have 3 years deals? Maybe he has a 4 year deal. Plus he is a Quinnpick vs. Hill a Marinelli pick.

Watkins will be the wild card here, as if he is a surprise cut, then both Hill and Boahnna can stay, if they keep 10.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Hill's last chance. He must have a hell of a TC to make the roster.
I think he and Bohanna vie for the last DL spot, or at least the DT. What will save one of them is if they keep 11 DL.

Hill is in a contract year as well I believe. Bohanna in his 2nd, so need to see what progress he makes also. As he is the cheaper options and has what, 2 more years on his deal. Don't late round picks usually have 3 years deals? Maybe he has a 4 year deal. Plus he is a Quinnpick vs. Hill a Marinelli pick.

Watkins will be the wild card here, as if he is a surprise cut, then both Hill and Boahnna can stay, if they keep 10.

Tristy is only an NFL player right now b/c we refuse to cut him. He was a terrible pick from day 1 that the cowboys just refuse to acknowledge and cut their losses.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tristy is only an NFL player right now b/c we refuse to cut him. He was a terrible pick from day 1 that the cowboys just refuse to acknowledge and cut their losses.

Typical in too many cases too. I still had hope for him, going into last season, but not now.
NE & Bill knew when to dump vet players and got picks for them, by trade or by comp picks. Dallas is the opposite.

CWR

Reaction score
I think Gallimore takes that step up and has a breakout season. Osa will also be much improved with a year under his belt. This will be the year we get production out of the 3-tech position.

Can't wait for training camp, Go Cowboys!

Yeah I think Osa and Gallimore can both be very productive. I have no faith in Marinellis boy.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Hill was a total reach. A Marinelli disaster. They think they can make mountains out of molehills. I also blame the FO. They just should not picking draft picks.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Gallimore , sucks he went down last year . but dude looks like a damn tank. Osa I’ve heard he has put on some serious muscle. He had like 30 pressures last year as a rookie. I think he will be the one to take the next step. He knows how to use his hands and early on in the season he was showing that. He was still getting to the Qb but wasn’t finishing.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The reality is the guys we have (well not Hill) are good, serviceable DTs. But expecting Gallimore or Osa to evolve into interior DL game wreckers is silly at this point.

But that's what the Jerry and Stephen believe. They are the dynamic duo that short changes DT but thinks it was wise to have your TB eating up 18 million in cap space. They really don't know what they are doing. They just collect players. They dont have a strategy. That was evident with the Gregory/DE situation.

They overvalue their draft picks and think their worthy of big contracts regardless of talent.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is Hill's last year with Dallas. I am pretty sure of that. I think he is a JAG but better than some people give him credit. Hill is not and is never going to be an Aaron Donald. But I think he will be better than Maliek Collins ever was.

This is the year Gallimore will reach his potential. Whatever he is in 2022 is as good as he will ever be.

Odighizuwa has good potential be be an inside pass rusher but I think he has another year before he peaks. If he shows up this year I think it is a really good sign about his future.

I think the Cowboys are expecting Ridgeway to be pretty good in his rookie year. Or maybe they are just hoping.

I am not sure why there should be any optimism over Bohanna. I thought he was pretty awful last year. I think Ridgeway passes him by.

Watkins surprised me last year at times. But Watkins has already peaked.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is Hill's last year with Dallas. I am pretty sure of that. I think he is a JAG but better than some people give him credit. Hill is not and is never going to be an Aaron Donald. But I think he will be better than Maliek Collins ever was.

This is the year Gallimore will reach his potential. Whatever he is in 2022 is as good as he will ever be.

Odighizuwa has good potential be be an inside pass rusher but I think he has another year before he peaks. If he shows up this year I think it is a really good sign about his future.

I think the Cowboys are expecting Ridgeway to be pretty good in his rookie year. Or maybe they are just hoping.

I am not sure why there should be any optimism over Bohanna. I thought he was pretty awful last year. I think Ridgeway passes him by.

Watkins surprised me last year at times. But Watkins has already peaked.

Hill won't make it out of camp this year.

One of the worst picks in the history of the team.