Our backup QB’s are now 1-5

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys wasnt exactly stellar when he was playing either. This team is just bad right now.

Offensively we were stellar when he was playing we were leading the league. We were averaging almost 33 points a game when he was playing. Since he was injured our offensive production has plummeted along with our points. We’ve been unable to overcome our poor defensive performances due an offense that’s become average.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB. And once Dak went down we have been terrible at the most important position. They are 1-5 as a group, and all but two of those games have been blowout losses including two beatdowns by lowly Washington.

Next year Dak will hopefully be back and at least we can be competitive in every game and hopefully win half of them.

That’s about all we can hope for, since this is a bad team with bad coaching.

Well I know the Daksters would give the win to Dak but I say Dalton has two wins. You can't win a game if you get taken out by an injury during it. That said, been bad quarterback play all around this year, including Dak.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dalton made some pretty throws, had some gutsy first down runs and had a TD dropped by Lamb. I can’t see how Dak would have fared any better. It’s hard to win with a bad defense and backups across the offensive line for any QB.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB. And once Dak went down we have been terrible at the most important position. They are 1-5 as a group, and all but two of those games have been blowout losses including two beatdowns by lowly Washington.

Next year Dak will hopefully be back and at least we can be competitive in every game and hopefully win half of them.

That’s about all we can hope for, since this is a bad team with bad coaching.

Dak was 2-3 and should have been 1-4 except they lucked out with the watermelon kick at Atlanta

streetcredit

Reaction score
Dalton made some pretty throws, had some gutsy first down runs and had a TD dropped by Lamb. I can’t see how Dak would have fared any better. It’s hard to win with a bad defense and backups across the offensive line for any QB.
Yup, Dalton played well behind a terrible Oline with an idiot group of coaches

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Well I know the Daksters would give the win to Dak but I say Dalton has two wins. You can't win a game if you get taken out by an injury during it. That said, been bad quarterback play all around this year, including Dak.

Incorrect. The QB who starts the game gets the win or loss even if they only take one snap.

Dalton does get credit for a 4th quarter comeback, however, after losing the lead that Dak handed him.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Incorrect. The QB who starts the game gets the win or loss even if they only take one snap.

Dalton does get credit for a 4th quarter comeback after losing the lead that Dak handed him.

That doesn't make sense because quarterbacks that get taken out and their backups don't manage to pull out a win don't get credit for a win. The quarterback that throws the game winning touchdown gets the win.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
So when the Falcon's "Watermeloned" their kick, what was the score, and where on the field did the offense start?

Atlanta 39 Dallas 37

Dallas marched down the field and kicked a field goal to win

Dallas 40 Atlanta 39

Kaiser

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB. And once Dak went down we have been terrible at the most important position.

I think the way to say this is that Dallas won games and remained competitive with Dak, despite all the injuries and all the problems.

When those things happen without Dak, there is no chance.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Atlanta 39 Dallas 37

Dallas marched down the field and kicked a field goal to win

Dallas 40 Atlanta 39

So what you are saying then is that upon recovery of the onside kick recovery, Dak could have thrown a pick, or fumbled, or missed WRs or otherwise not marched down the field into FG range for the game winning kick right? Correct me if I am wrong, but Dak did throw the ball on that game winning drive right? The Cowboys didn't just recover in Falcon's territory and kick a FG right?

Methinks if Andy Dalton was the QB that did that, more of you people would stop trying to downplay Dak's contribution to that win by saying things like "lucked" and "watermelon" kick or whatever other adjectives that makes it seem as if Dak just stood there and the Cowboys won.

This is especially true as Dak had something like 450+ yards and 4 total TDs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lmao! Wow. You are the biggest piece of work on here along with your other bozo clown posse. Dak goes as the team goes? Every single loss we have, you bozos blame Dak and how much he sucks. Now it's just he goes as the team goes.At least make up your mind.

Not one game have we had zero shot to win the game at the end with Dak in this year. With Dalton, 3 of out the 4 games have been non competitive at the end with zero shot.

Dalton is a terrible QB. Zero chance to ever come back from a multi score deficit. So limited with his arm.

Dude I don’t blame Dak for our losses. He’s just not moving the needle either way. He can’t overcome anything really.

He wants money like he is an elite player that can change games when he just isn’t capable of it.

He’s not the reason we are losing by any means but an elite QB can overcome the odds a lot more times then not.

Paying Pat Mahomes prices for a guy that needs a roster that Andy Dalton could win with is just stupidity.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak was 1-3 when he went down and is 6-10 in his last 16 games he started and finished

He sucks and isnt the long term answer here.

giphy.gif

Swagger

Reaction score
If people are unable to genuinely see that the coaching was the main issue today and compounded by the run defense in the second half then best of luck in life generally!

Dalton was fine and in reality played better than Alex Smith. He wasn't perfect but he wasn't helped out there. Zeke dropped the ball under zero duress (resulted in giving up points), Lamb dropped a TD (cost 4 points) most people catch with their eyes closed and he did the same vs Cardinals, our coaches gave the opposition 14 points with brainless decisions, turned the ball over on downs in their own half when refusing a QB sneak on 3rd and 4th and short. I could go on...

It's just loser football. You lose games if you can't play to a standard required to be an nfl player.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dude I don’t blame Dak for our losses. He’s just not moving the needle either way. He can’t overcome anything really.

He wants money like he is an elite player that can change games when he just isn’t capable of it.

He’s not the reason we are losing by any means but an elite QB can overcome the odds a lot more times then not.

Paying Pat Mahomes prices for a guy that needs a roster that Andy Dalton could win with is just stupidity.
Exactly today showed we need to filll holes all over the roster. Smith didn't exactly outplay Dalton yet they scored over 40 points. Last thing we need to do is overpay for a QB who isn't elite.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
So.....here's the thing. If Dak was still healthy and he had HALF the defensive play we've seen over the last few weeks (today was ugly but wasn't even close to the tragedy we saw the first few weeks)...this team would have a commanding lead in the division and would be considered a legitimate contender. That offense was magnificent and it's a shame they had to carry a historically bad defense.

That said, Dak is out for the year. Andy is ok but not is the same universe as Dak. The defense is ok, pretty decent one week, not so much the next. This team needs to decide whether to pay Dak and ride it out with the defense we are seeing, or risk blowing up a superior offense in hopes of turning this defense into a top 5 unit. Let me ask, what is more likely to succeed?

Sign Dak!