Our backup QB’s are now 1-5

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak Haters are too football dumb to realize Dak's stat padding was keeping this atrocious defense off the field, with the hope Nolan could finally get a defense
Dak no doubt kept us in the game with tremendous comeback attempts .

But how more impressive would his stats of been if it put us up with big leads our defense couldn’t hold on to.

Falling behind multiple scores isn’t a recipe for success. A start studded offense has to dominate early and often carrying our lesser defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It would appear to me if we look at some of the success in Cap era at least in this generation that it takes great defenses and Elite QB’s with rare exceptions.

When you have an Elite QB they can elevate less than stud talent around them on offense while building a Top defense.

We really haven’t had either this era. We’ve come closer to an Elite QB than great defense and why we have come as close as we did a few times. But greater teams expose your weaknesses.

I believe there are three ways to win based on teams that have won Super Bowls:

1) An elite offense that can carry a mediocre defense.

2) An elite defense that can carry a mediocre offense.

3) A balanced team with a top 10 offense and defense.

We've rarely had any of those things, but I agree that we've come closer to an elite offense. My hope with McCarthy is that he could take this offense to the next level since we still aren't doing the things needed to have an elite defense. That fell apart this year, but may still be our best path to the Super Bowl, although I prefer having a balanced team so that one side doesn't have to carry the other.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I believe there are three ways to win based on teams that have won Super Bowls:

1) An elite offense that can carry a mediocre defense.

2) An elite defense that can carry a mediocre offense.

3) A balanced team with a top 10 offense and defense.

We've rarely had any of those things, but I agree that we've come closer to an elite offense. My hope with McCarthy is that he could take this offense to the next level since we still aren't doing the things needed to have an elite defense. That fell apart this year, but may still be our best path to the Super Bowl, although I prefer having a balanced team so that one side doesn't have to carry the other.
I’d agree with your assessment but I no longer believe this HC can get it done.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’d agree with your assessment but I no longer believe this HC can get it done.

I can't draw that conclusion based on him losing both starting tackles and his starting quarterback, before our latest round of bad luck. Despite starting off behind the eight-ball with the tackle situation, we got rolling pretty good on offense before Prescott went down. The defense was just historically bad.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What lengths? Dalton could've very easily given Dak the loss and then I'm sure you guys would've said Dalton lost the game, am I incorrect? I like to go with what is logical, and if Dak would've been winning the game during the whole time and then gets injured and Dalton steps in and ends up losing it, I give that loss to Dalton.
hell yeah, that's true and they can't even admit it, what a bunch of slobbers. smh

Qcard

Reaction score
What lengths? Dalton could've very easily given Dak the loss and then I'm sure you guys would've said Dalton lost the game, am I incorrect? I like to go with what is logical, and if Dak would've been winning the game during the whole time and then gets injured and Dalton steps in and ends up losing it, I give that loss to Dalton.
Shake and bake Dalton's W/L record however you desire..

Andy Dalton Career (71-64-1) is 7 Losses away from Career average.

Andy is C student without or with Dak's assistance or lack thereof

blumayne38

Reaction score
I can't draw that conclusion based on him losing both starting tackles and his starting quarterback, before our latest round of bad luck. Despite starting off behind the eight-ball with the tackle situation, we got rolling pretty good on offense before Prescott went down. The defense was just historically bad.
This is not true. At no point this season did this team even resemble a playoff team. With dak or without. The fumbles on offense and dak holding the ball were still huge issues. The defense didn’t help but neither did the offense...the team was not playing complimentary football. Which brings up all kinds of issues. No leadership or players not responding well to the leadership that is already here. Either way, having dak or not having dak still leaves issues on offense that need to be addressed.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Shake and bake Dalton's W/L record however you desire..

Andy Dalton Career (71-64-1) is 7 Losses away from Career average.

Andy is C student without or with Dak's assistance or lack thereof

So let me ask you the same question then: If Dalton would've stepped in and the cowboys would've lost the game, would you have given the loss to Dak or Dalton? Dalton isn't better than Dak, that is for sure, but then again he is a backup quarterback. The whole point is that the cowboys were already bad with Dak and we were close to being a winless team at that time, but then all of the sudden people are acting like we would've won every single game since he got injured, when that wasn't the reality.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We’ve over invested offensively with talent and Cap money. If it’s not enough or we’ve misevaluated any key pieces it’s going to be exposed .

And it has to carry to an average to below average defense. Our team has been mismanaged .

It's more of the more things change the more they stay the same scenario. People were so sure that now that Romo is gone (a good quarterback) and Jason is gone, that with Dak here (a good quarterback) and Mike here(a coach with a superbowl win) that things were going to be different. Instead we had an 8-8 season followed by a losing season before Dak got injured. And then people are deluded because Dak having talent is able to put up a lot of yardage, when we've had losing seasons where nobody was surprised that Romo was able to put up a lot of yards in. The actors have change, the symptoms and results have stayed the same, and yet at the beginning of each season people talk about superbowls and don't suspect that something other than coaching and quarterbacks, talent is what is wrong with the team.

Qcard

Reaction score
So let me ask you the same question then: If Dalton would've stepped in and the cowboys would've lost the game, would you have given the loss to Dak or Dalton? Dalton isn't better than Dak, that is for sure, but then again he is a backup quarterback. The whole point is that the cowboys were already bad with Dak and we were close to being a winless team at that time, but then all of the sudden people are acting like we would've won every single game since he got injured, when that wasn't the reality.
That's not how the system nor the game works.
Starters are given the win because they've earned the QB1.

Cowboys have not had this levels ineptitude. We were bad with Dak starting. We are Historically bad with Dalton starting big difference.

We might not have won every game but chance are more likely when your QB is top 3 over the past 4 years in comebacks and wins.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
That's not how the system nor the game works.
Starters are given the win because they've earned the QB1.

Cowboys have not had this levels ineptitude. We were bad with Dak starting. We are Historically bad with Dalton starting big difference.

We might not have won every game but chance are more likely when your QB is top 3 over the past 4 years in comebacks and wins.

Still avoiding the question. Would you have blamed the loss on Dalton or Dak? We know how the system is setup, but then again people don't agree with many of the NFL Rules and rules changes throughout the years. Just because the NFL gives the win to the starting quarterback doesn't mean that fans aren't allowed to do some critical thinking and realize why the rule is the way it is and instead think that the quarterback that had the game winning drive is really responsible for the win. That is why I gave the example of a starting qb playing one play and getting injured getting the win on paper.

Qcard

Reaction score
Still avoiding the question. Would you have blamed the loss on Dalton or Dak? We know how the system is setup, but then again people don't agree with many of the NFL Rules and rules changes throughout the years. Just because the NFL gives the win to the starting quarterback doesn't mean that fans aren't allowed to do some critical thinking and realize why the rule is the way it is and instead think that the quarterback that had the game winning drive is really responsible for the win. That is why I gave the example of a starting qb playing one play and getting injured getting the win on paper.
Answering your dumb question would accept the assumption that you could blame a loss on this team, on a single player. We are Historically bad.
Difference is Dak is more likely to have his team Win than Dalton ever has been.
I am not a hypocrite...if DiNucci had brought the team back against Washington Constables game 1, Dalton would get credit for Win...them are the rules.

Sorry, Dalton has proven whether starting or backing up....he's career average 71-64-2

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is not true. At no point this season did this team even resemble a playoff team.

The first game of the season we played the Rams down to the wire. The Rams are 7-3 and likely win today, and the Rams game basically came down to a judgement call on the Gallup-Ramsey play.

We lost LVE, Jarwin and Erving in that game with Collins already out. After that the injuries snowballed. If this team is reasonably healthy it would look like the team was an OPI call away from beating the Rams.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This is not true. At no point this season did this team even resemble a playoff team. With dak or without. The fumbles on offense and dak holding the ball were still huge issues. The defense didn’t help but neither did the offense...the team was not playing complimentary football. Which brings up all kinds of issues. No leadership or players not responding well to the leadership that is already here. Either way, having dak or not having dak still leaves issues on offense that need to be addressed.

I didn't say the team resembled a playoff team. The defense was historically bad. Other than the Rams game, though, the offense was putting up some major numbers, better than last year's, I believe, despite having some turnover issues and not having its entire line intact.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Answering your dumb question would accept the assumption that you could blame a loss on this team, on a single player. We are Historically bad.
Difference is Dak is more likely to have his team Win than Dalton ever has been.
I am not a hypocrite...if DiNucci had brought the team back against Washington Constables game 1, Dalton would get credit for Win...them are the rules.

Sorry, Dalton has proven whether starting or backing up....he's career average 71-64-2

well the entire thread is a bit hypocritical IMO. "Our backup QB's are now 1-5." implies that we would have a much better record than we have if Dak didn't get injured. But the reality is before he got injured with the Atlanta game, we were lucky to have any wins at all. But if you give him 2-3, even then going at that rate would be 4-6 if we continued on that pace. Yes, Dak was putting up a lot of yards, but we've been with this team long enough to see other quarterbacks put up a lot of yards in losing seasons, it doesn't suggest that anything would change. This team stunk with Dak; this team stunk after Dak.

BigD_95

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB. And once Dak went down we have been terrible at the most important position. They are 1-5 as a group, and all but two of those games have been blowout losses including two beatdowns by lowly Washington.

Next year Dak will hopefully be back and at least we can be competitive in every game and hopefully win half of them.

That’s about all we can hope for, since this is a bad team with bad coaching.

Dak has 6 wins & 11 loses in his last 17 games.

I think Gilbert or Dalton can get 6 wins in 17 games

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So let me ask you the same question then: If Dalton would've stepped in and the cowboys would've lost the game, would you have given the loss to Dak or Dalton? Dalton isn't better than Dak, that is for sure, but then again he is a backup quarterback. The whole point is that the cowboys were already bad with Dak and we were close to being a winless team at that time, but then all of the sudden people are acting like we would've won every single game since he got injured when that wasn't the reality.
well, if you're not buying into the legend of stats prescott you can see how everything you said is true. he wasn't winning with those stats but somehow he would be winning all these games with a worse team. lmao these stat prescott worshipers are pathetic. smh