Twitter: Our D is in mid-season form

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This D should be burly. First rounders at every level. It is absolutely loaded with talent. If they are not top 5 it will be a dumpster fire coaching job by Rod Marinelli.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think I will wait until Game 1 and the rest of the season. Where the defense isn't playing against vanilla offenses and scrubs.

WE know the defense will be really good based on last year.

If they just match last years defense then that means we will have a good defense this year.

I think playing in a dome stadium will stop them from ever being just a true shut down defense. The best defenses usually play outdoors.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Relax it's still pre-season, pull the reigns a bit. Dline beat up on a horrible Texan Oline. However, I am very excited about our defense this year. Top 5 for sure when everyone is back.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We swept your starters.

Have the good sense to pipe down.

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/ContentGallery/Eagles-inactives-Cowboys--126121915/
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2018_injuries.htm

Michael Bennett DE
Timmy Jernigan DT
Avonte Maddox CB
Jordan Hicks MLB
Rodney Mcleod FS
Jay Ajayi RB
Mack Hollins WR
Jalen Mills CB
Ronald Darby CB
Derek Barnett DE
Mike Wallace WR

These are all the starters we didn't have for the week 14 game which you narrowly beat us in overtime. I was specifically speaking on your preseason game, but this is another example of your guys looking great against not only backups, but backups of backups. For a fun exercise lets remove the Cowboy who is in the same position of each eagle who was missing:

Michael Bennett, best DE in 2018. Remove Demarcus Lawrence
Timmy Jernigan, starting NT. Remove Maliek Collins
Avonte Maddox, third corner. Remove Anthony Brown
Jordan Hicks, MLB. Remove LVE
Rodney Mcleod, FS. Remove Xavier Woods
Jay Ajayi, starting RB. A bit extreme to remove Zeke, lets say only let Zeke play 2/3 of snaps he did.
Mack Hollins, backup deep WR. Remove Michael Gallup
Jalen Mills, starting CB. Remove Chidobe Awuzie
Ronald Darby, star CB. Remove Byron Jones
Derek Barnett, third DE. Go ahead and remove Taco in this exchance, you don't rotate like we do nor have a comparable guy here.
Mike Wallace, starting WR, go ahead and remove Terrence Williams

Now if you were missing even half these guys and I was gloating about winning a game in overtime, we both know you and everyone here would be contesting the validity of that to the extreme. So yeah, you did it against a heck of a lot of backups and Dak threw a ton of yards against off-the-street CBs.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I love me some defense and we have been so long without a consistently top ranked defensive unit. I'm excited about our prospects but tapping the brakes on the preseason stats. Will judge after the first 4 games. Esp against GB and Rodgers in early Oct.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/ContentGallery/Eagles-inactives-Cowboys--126121915/
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2018_injuries.htm

Michael Bennett DE
Timmy Jernigan DT
Avonte Maddox CB
Jordan Hicks MLB
Rodney Mcleod FS
Jay Ajayi RB
Mack Hollins WR
Jalen Mills CB
Ronald Darby CB
Derek Barnett DE
Mike Wallace WR

These are all the starters we didn't have for the week 14 game which you narrowly beat us in overtime. I was specifically speaking on your preseason game, but this is another example of your guys looking great against not only backups, but backups of backups. For a fun exercise lets remove the Cowboy who is in the same position of each eagle who was missing:

Michael Bennett, best DE in 2018. Remove Demarcus Lawrence
Timmy Jernigan, starting NT. Remove Maliek Collins
Avonte Maddox, third corner. Remove Anthony Brown
Jordan Hicks, MLB. Remove LVE
Rodney Mcleod, FS. Remove Xavier Woods
Jay Ajayi, starting RB. A bit extreme to remove Zeke, lets say only let Zeke play 2/3 of snaps he did.
Mack Hollins, backup deep WR. Remove Michael Gallup
Jalen Mills, starting CB. Remove Chidobe Awuzie
Ronald Darby, star CB. Remove Byron Jones
Derek Barnett, third DE. Go ahead and remove Taco in this exchance, you don't rotate like we do nor have a comparable guy here.
Mike Wallace, starting WR, go ahead and remove Terrence Williams

Now if you were missing even half these guys and I was gloating about winning a game in overtime, we both know you and everyone here would be contesting the validity of that to the extreme. So yeah, you did it against a heck of a lot of backups and Dak threw a ton of yards against off-the-street CBs.

Dak > Wentz

not debatable

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Take a poll. See how it goes for you.

Like I said, your team was swept. Have the good sense to know enough to keep your mouth shut. But it's obvious you don't.

Dude I wouldn’t even bother, he’s just trolling u. Their obsession with Dallas is on stalker level. It’s comical but also a bit on the weird side.