Twitter: Our Director of Player Personnel on the linebackers

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Stephen raises a good point. Especially if all 3 change positions throughout the game.

It's a terrible point. The line or QB IDs the mike before every snap.

He's right though. Here's an example:

Consider 2 LBs down in the A-gap pre-snap. LVE, Jaylon, and Sean can all be effective rushing the A gap or dropping to defend middle. It's really hard to guess. Other teams, you can make a decent guess at which LB rushes or if both might.

Dallas can do lots of things where the offense has to ask "who is taking which duty" because Dallas can have any one of their top 3 LBs take on any one of the LB duties on every play. Most teams don't have 3 guys who are more-than-capable at all roles of being a LB, and so opposing offenses can zero in on coverage responsibilities easier.

I can't think of the last time we ran a double A gap blitz.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you care if select posters dont praise everything about this team?

24 years and counting no super bowl or championship game

Same inept head coach

Overrated defensive coordinator that gets outcoached every damn postseason

Until this team proves us (realists) wrong, it will be more of the same

Because of just what you posted. It is blah blah blah over and over. Whine about the same over and over.
Why not post, hey, I like what I seen in this player or that player, maybe he can help change things for the better.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Because of just what you posted. It is blah blah blah over and over. Whine about the same over and over.
Why not post, hey, I like what I seen in this player or that player, maybe he can help change things for the better.
And all you homers do is complain about other’s opinions. Over and over.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Change positions every play if they like, the offense is reading the formation and who reacts to motion.
I would think by alignment you should be able to tell what the lb's assignments are, unless they are doing some kind of amoeba defense.

The #1 problem in the Rams game was how the Rams schemed to "trap" of box out the LBs.

The Rams designed the blocking scheme specific to the exact assignments of each Cowboys front 7 defender.

The ability to vary those assignments would have been great in that game but LVE and JS were young with limited experience which made it more predictable.

They tried using Lee more but he hadn't played much leading up to the game and 1 or the 2 LBs in Nickel were going to be young/inexperienced even with Lee in the game.

Anybody laughing about this concept, does not really understand the Cowboys defense or football in general.

Zordon

Reaction score
Yes, but our Director of Personnel is a fraud. He has no clue what he's talking about. It's just fun to pretend.
The man has 30+ years of experience in the business. Show some respect.

6f3e97c9fd0a3e2c18f4922c9c2fd7f9--dallas-cowboys-draft-troy-aikman.jpg

ESisback

Reaction score
Easier to disguise what you're doing which is what Stephen meant, nothing funny unless you're deliberately misinterpreting what he's trying to say.

Or you’re a contrarian who wants to portend doom and gloom, and/or foster the perception that the FO is filled with morons, for whatever reason.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Change positions every play if they like, the offense is reading the formation and who reacts to motion.
Bull****. Teams scheme to the elite players. Like all 3 of our LB’ers. You’re football ignorant.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do you care if select posters dont praise everything about this team?

24 years and counting no super bowl or championship game

Same inept head coach

Overrated defensive coordinator that gets outcoached every damn postseason

Until this team proves us (realists) wrong, it will be more of the same
There’s nothing wrong with criticizing when necessary. What he and I are pointing out is the posters like YOU who criticize EVERYTHING the Cowboys do. You’ve made your bed so sleep in it.