Our Last Offensive play - Dalton Schultz

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I thought he could have done a better job going after the ball. He was held a little bit but he never attacked the ball. I think he could have done a better job and caught it.

What do ya think?
I agree 100%. That ball is up for grabs. You have to go up and high point it. He just waited for it to come to him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz had little chance on that play but to play DB. It was a poor throw that was going to be very difficult to keep from being picked off.

So why didn;t he play DB?

Why did the DB run under it and Dalton couldn;t?

Nobody was there. The DB located it and ran and got it.

Dalton sat there like a rock.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So why didn;t he play DB?

Why did the DB run under it and Dalton couldn;t?

Nobody was there. The DB located it and ran and got it.

Dalton sat there like a rock.

You seem to be the most bothered by it which is why you started the topic. You’re going after the wrong Dalton. It was a poor throw. You can continue but you asked for everyone’s opinion and I gave mine.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be the most bothered by it which is why you started the topic. You’re going after the wrong Dalton. It was a poor throw. You can continue but you asked for everyone’s opinion and I gave mine.
You;re the one that said he should play DB. And he didn't. Now yer beeching at me about it. Make up your mind.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought he was held pretty good on the play personally.

It appears he was held slightly. The DB clearly reached for him to keep him from coming back for the ball. It wasn’t near blatant enough to get a call.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly could say Lamb cost us a couple games this year with drops.

Not bashing on him-just telling the truth.

It is okay to just say the truth. Some people can't handle it. Or perhaps get obsessed with the wrong/unhelpful truths.

Obsessed with contracts might be one. Performance on the field...isn't.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You;re the one that said he should play DB. And he didn't. Now yer beeching at me about it. Make up your mind.

It appeared Schultz tried to come back for the ball but the DB covering him slightly grabbed the back of his Jersey trying to keep him from coming back for the ball.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears he was held slightly. The DB clearly reached for him to keep him from coming back for the ball. It wasn’t near blatant enough to get a call.

Agreed and I said it on my OP. DB grabbed his hips.

I happen to think Schultz gave up a little bit. He let the other DB run under it instead.

mmohican29

Reaction score
He held his hands out to catch the ball. I think that he wasn’t even thinking of playing defense in that scenario. I don’t even blame Andy for taking a risk there either. It was desperation time

No it was not.

Cowboys had all 3 TO's and could have stopped WAS.

Always play to extend the game when a victory is unlikely on a singular given snap @ long odds for success.

Swagger

Reaction score

I happen to think Schultz gave up a little bit. He let the other DB run under it instead.
Completely agree. It was all very half hearted. Do you think Travis Kelce would have just allowed the ball to be intercepted 12 inches in front of his nose? It was up for grabs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

By the way...your opinion was appreciated. We may or may no agree....it's all good no insult intended.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The ball was underthrown it was on Andy Dalton.

Swagger

Reaction score
I agree that it's a shame Dalton was unable to get more on the throw but I agree with his decision to throw the ball to the tallest and biggest player in the end zone - let him make a play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
By the way...your opinion was appreciated. We may or may no agree....it's all good no insult intended.

It’s only an opinion, we all have them and they can differ. No insult taken. We just see the play a little differently.

Swagger

Reaction score
Otherwise it would have been what 4th and 25/30? Better chance of executing that play when the D weren't completely expecting it. If the ball was a little higher Schultz was favourite to catch the ball