Reaction score
My blame game list
1.Moore's play calling especially the redzone
2. Dalton choke Job (headcase)
3 defense
4. Lamb and Schultz

Qcard

Reaction score
LOL...and YOU don't say sheet about Dak's lame throws?

I know you. You are the mirror image...a Dak Apologist. Only a Dak apologist would accuse this thread of being Dalton apologist. Dak doesn't throw interceptions or make turnovers...right?

I never absolved Andy of contributing to this loss. But there you go playing that card...so easily. Pathetic little...b....never mind.
A Hit Dog Hollers!!!:lmao2:

Bye Fecilia

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My blame game list
1.Moore's play calling especially the redzone
2. Dalton choke Job (headcase)
3 defense
4. Lamb and Schultz
I have no issues with the list. This thread wasn't meant to be the comprehensive reason we lost.

Some people are making it out to be, so they can argue their agenda and look cool.... but it's not. Just a single play among many.

phildadon86

Reaction score
100% correct. We could have had a manageable 3rd and goal, and if he broke a tackle or two he may have even scored there. Regardless-- this team came up short all year when it mattered most. They never quit fighting and they at least weren't eliminated until week 17, but far too many mistakes and inconsistencies on offense, and horrid defense throughout the year to ever seriously compete with the top 1/2 of the league.
And IF McCarthy challenges the damn play we arent needing to score a TD to win in the first place. We could have killed clock and kicked a GW field goal.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the replay. Y'all are saying there's holding on this play? There is not. And as was correctly pointed out by a poster, with Dalton out of the pocket, illegal contact is out of the window. Holding is not and this is not holding. Half the things people claimed didn't even happen here. There was no pulling of the jersey nor a pulling of Shultz' hips. Video dispels "misremembering."

Shultz25.gif

Holding or not...your clip perfectly exhibits what I'm talking about.

What's with the underhand catch? Like he expected it to just drop in his hands? Um...there are defenders out there dude go get it! Like #29 did.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I thought he could have done a better job going after the ball. He was held a little bit but he never attacked the ball. I think he could have done a better job and caught it.

What do ya think?
100% correct.

This difference between Dalton Schultz and an actual good, receiving TE, is the ability (or at least effort) to highpoint that football.

cern

Reaction score
red ryder ran out of bb's. that pretty much sums up the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
Those last 3 plays were the Cowboys season in a nutshell. One play, Steele blocks inside allowing Leonard Williams a free run at the QB, while Dalton is expecting he has time to find a receiver. Sack. We saw this happen at least 5 or 6 times this season, including the pick 6 against Washington. I don't know if it was Dalton's fault of Steele's but that should happen once and get corrected.

Then, Dalton throws a perfect pass to CD lamb to get the Cowboys down inside the 5 and maybe even a TD if Lamb jukes a guy or two. Lamb drops it. He had some bad drops in crucial situations this year. There were a few guys on this forum who said before the draft that Justin Jefferson was the best WR in this draft class. Congratulations to them because it appears they were right. I am not giving up on Lamb, but I wonder if he is ever going to be more than a slot receiver.

Then on 3rd down, Dalton had time to throw but the pressure came again and his immobility showed. He just threw it up like a balloon and of course, the rookie Safety McKinney intercepts it. Dalton was under pressure but he had to throw that away or take the sack. I have no doubt if Dak was playing he escapes the pocket and gets outside to make a play, either with his feet or throwing it.

The QB is the last guy on the offense who should panic.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those last 3 plays were the Cowboys season in a nutshell. One play, Steele blocks inside allowing Leonard Williams a free run at the QB, while Dalton is expecting he has time to find a receiver. Sack. We saw this happen at least 5 or 6 times this season, including the pick 6 against Washington. I don't know if it was Dalton's fault of Steele's but that should happen once and get corrected.

Then, Dalton throws a perfect pass to CD lamb to get the Cowboys down inside the 5 and maybe even a TD if Lamb jukes a guy or two. Lamb drops it. He had some bad drops in crucial situations this year. There were a few guys on this forum who said before the draft that Justin Jefferson was the best WR in this draft class. Congratulations to them because it appears they were right. I am not giving up on Lamb, but I wonder if he is ever going to be more than a slot receiver.

Then on 3rd down, Dalton had time to throw but the pressure came again and his immobility showed. He just threw it up like a balloon and of course, the rookie Safety McKinney intercepts it. Dalton was under pressure but he had to throw that away or take the sack. I have no doubt if Dak was playing he escapes the pocket and gets outside to make a play, either with his feet or throwing it.

The QB is the last guy on the offense who should panic.

Dak has not been running very well for two years. And got hurt escaping the collapsing pocket.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly, there were 6, blue jersey's in the end zone and 2 cowboys players and he throws a floating duck.....he should have thrown it away and get one more chance....
ANd yet...if you watch the video clip marcusrock put up....Dalton looks like he expected it to just fall in his hands. Instead of aggressively going after it.

I think it was a mistake...a misread...and....just antithesis to everything a downfield receiver should have.

One mistake among many by the team.

silver

Reaction score
We lost because our OL is crap. Dalton was getting sacked every other passing down. Our Williams made their Williams look like the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.