Our OC and QB apparently aren’t talking during the game

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The puppet you mean.

I am assuming Moore is the QB coach becuz Garrett sees himself in Moore.

Career backup who coaches after a mediocre career.

Goodness..

we have a Garrett Clone in Moore.

Is that remotely good?

How much is Moore a factor?

Are you under the impression other teams have QB coaches who were outstanding NFL players? If so, that's not true. Most teams don't have QB coaches that were NFL players at all, and I believe some actually have QB coaches that weren't even QBs.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Are you under the impression other teams have QB coaches who were outstanding NFL players? If so, that's not true. Most teams don't have QB coaches that were NFL players at all, and I believe some actually have QB coaches that weren't even QBs.

Just under the impression other teams have QB coaches with coaching EXPERIENCE, who actually know how to coach a NFL qb .

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are other OC’s in the league that sit in the booth...and you regularly see the qb going to the phone and talking to the OC

We don't get to see the entire sideline working of the game so it's hard to tell exactly how much dak did talk to linehan vs how much he does now. Only speculation on our part. But if linehan can call plays better upstairs that is a plus.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just under the impression other teams have QB coaches with coaching EXPERIENCE, who actually know how to coach a NFL qb .

That's not what the post said that I responded to. You are talking about a different subject.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I place blame where it deserves to go, including Prescott. Not JUST Dak.

When on any other team in the nfl that can’t run a basic offense with a ton of first round draft picks on it, the qb would get the blame. Not sure why it should be different here

LittleD

Reaction score
They got him off the field next is out of the stadium. He is the scapegoat this year. JG is safe. Looks like a Kiffen thing. Remember he was in the booth for a while and then left it to Marinelli and took the next thing smoking out.

JG is only safe if he has a winning season and makes the playoffs. If not, lots of coaches will hit the streets.

glimmerman

Reaction score
JG is only safe if he has a winning season and makes the playoffs. If not, lots of coaches will hit the streets.
Who gets the job? I know if we suck out and JJ makes the move before the season ends. Richard? Do we go with a Defensive minded HC and hire a actual OC to run the Offense?

tm1119

Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with an OC calling plays from the booth. If anything it makes a lot of sense for them to be able to see the entire field and also stay away from any chaos on the sideline that could influence him.

All I’m pointing out is that it seems odd that Linehan doesn’t communicate with Dak when there’s nothing holding him back from doing so regardless of where he is. Linehan should have direct radio contact into Dak’s helmet (1 way only tho) and there are phones on the sideline just for this purpose.

So what would be the reasoning is all I was getting at.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i don't think that there is much to this it says that if he needs to talk to the oc he can trying to make something out of something its not

BigD49

Reaction score
This is insane. No OC has ever called plays from the booth.

I want the entire staff on the sidelines. Ideally, screaming at people all game.
I'm pretty sure the OC for the team we were playing was calling plays from the booth - didn't they cut to Norv up there a few times?

waldoputty

Reaction score
this sounds dysfunctional, or did dak just throw linehan under the bus ? :lmao:

Cap12

Reaction score
Honestly? If I were Dak, I wouldn't really talk to Linehan either, he's a moron.
If he did, he might complete a meaningful pass some time. Jeez, this hate on Linehan is pretty dumb. The guy called a great game and some stupid penalites and lousy QB play wasted what could have been a Dallas win.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL Linehan has been in the league for a few decades, but he's the "moron". Not the 3 year QB who can't complete an intermediate pass to a wide open WR.

Yeah, it's Linehan who has coached up some of the better offenses in the NFL and why he's still around. A "moron" just found a way to keep employed in a highly competitive environment.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL Linehan has been in the league for a few decades, but he's the "moron". Not the 3 year QB who can't complete an intermediate pass to a wide open WR.

Yeah, it's Linehan who has coached up some of the better offenses in the NFL and why he's still around. A "moron" just found a way to keep employed in a highly competitive environment.

Don't make the mistake of laying this all at Dak's feet. Linehan has a big hand in this mess too.

If this season is a turd, I better not see Garrett and Linehan preparing for the 2019 season in Dallas.

And note, that doesn't mean we won't also be needing to find a QB this coming offseason too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Linehan is training his replacement in case they need a sacrifice.

If I were an OC, I would stay in the booth where I had a better view of what's happening. One thing was apparent to Linehan, there were receivers open and the QB was either not seeing them or unable to get the ball to them.

I really don't know how anyone hangs this game on Linehan. Could we have a better OC? Sure, but if they executed just the plays he called, they win that game.

LittleD

Reaction score
Who gets the job? I know if we suck out and JJ makes the move before the season ends. Richard? Do we go with a Defensive minded HC and hire a actual OC to run the Offense?

I would if it was me. Kris fits the bill for a young, smart, defensive minded coach who knows the Seattle defense. He will have access to Seattle coaches on the offense who have worked with the Seattle offense scheme and fit it to a mostly run and shoot QB. Dak might
even flourish under such a scheme. The process and scheme used by Garrett is passe, old and dissected by the NFL defensive minds today. Time for a big change if Jerry can see through the pines.