Our OC and QB apparently aren’t talking during the game

Reaction score
Linehan called the plays very well. We were backed up, playing from behind and in our 20 for a large portion of the game.

The offense from the o-line to Dak did not execute well at all on a slippery road game.

You guys are not getting it. Guys were open. Timing was off and there were no connections.

This offense looked like they never play together and they pretty much didn't other than camp.

Wait for Sunday.
And yet the Rams starters didn't play a single snap the entire preseason. But they didn't miss a beat when the real bullets started flying.

The excuse that they didn't play much in the preseason doesn't wash.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We got the kinda receivers dak said he wanted. He seemed real excited about it all offseason. I can’t wait for everybody to quit making excuses for the dude and just be honest about him.

He got a pass for a full season and he got the lead receiver fired. He has at least 15 more games where he can move the goal posts again...

tm1119

Reaction score
Is Linehan in the booth this year?

Apparently this year he is. Don’t know why the change. But most QB’s would go to the bench after the drive and get on the phone with the OC. Not claiming to know what goes on on an NFL sideline, but I feel like a middle man between the QB and OC is fairly abnormal. Not saying whether it is or isn’t a big deal, but thought it was worth the talking point.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
And yet the Rams starters didn't play a single snap the entire preseason. But they didn't miss a beat when the real bullets started flying.

The Ram's offense started preseason games together.

I'm not making any excuses. I'm saying the plays were called right and they just weren't executed from the o-line to the QB and his anticipation of the play. Even training camp most of this offense has not been training together because of injuries to the o-line (Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, La'el Collins) and WR corps (Deonte Thompson, Cole Beasley).

So when and where do you build the necessary cohesion so that you can execute and anticipate your offensive teammates responsibilities, movements and adjustments?

In theory or your first live game in the season? Hopefully by week 2 since everyone is starting to practice together and have just played a game together and get the real physicality and timing going.

We were off but did not lack physicality. Luke Kuechley got boinked around a few times, Greg Olsen is wearing a cast on his foot and a couple other of their o-lineman are banged up. Us? Other than Connor Williams getting a beefy welcome to the NFL from Kawaan Short and Sean Lee's feelings hurt a bit are sounding in agreement that we have to kick up the intensity and execution. That's QB down.

Like I said, let's wait for Sunday and see if our former rookie of the year and probowl QB stinks. If Scott Linehan forgot how to call a game offensively and if the majority of our o-line has lost its grit. I saw a lot of WR's and TE's open by NFL standards. Unless they get a ball targeted and dropped their way then I'm not going to say they don't know their assignments.

Tyron Smith is not done and isn't broken down. He was very off last week. Sean Lee was and so was Dak. Connor Williams got a reality check against 1 of the best at his position. Gets those players stepping up and develop that necessary cohesion on offense and we won't be throwing the towel in after week 1 and the future of this team. Because that's what I'm hearing all week after 1 game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
This is insane. No OC has ever called plays from the booth.

I want the entire staff on the sidelines. Ideally, screaming at people all game.

Yes! There better be no clapping or any positive/motivating gestures demonstrated either.

The players should feel like their coach is against them and that the world is going to end after each and any bad thing or challenge happens during a live game.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
It’s not that he is bad. He just has little confidence now. No one can help him with that. He was such a gamer. When the lights came on he balled out. He starts getting knocked around and he is afraid of throwing a pick. QB throws picks in the NFL. I would rather see him throw a some TDs and get some confidence and throw the occasional int then run around with the ball and look for the sure thing.
It does seem that way. If I were Sean Lee, I’d go have a talk with him and let him know that the defense is good enough tthis year and they’ve got his back. Go ahead and take some risk. Throw an int, well get the stop.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
We got the kinda receivers dak said he wanted. He seemed real excited about it all offseason. I can’t wait for everybody to quit making excuses for the dude and just be honest about him.

Yeah but then we ran a 2 TE set for most of the game anyways, and the creative application of all these gadgets and route runners never came to fruition.

CPanther95

Reaction score
He has people skills; Hes good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

(Office space) lol

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we found out that Garrett requires everyone on staff to complete TPS reports.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If we win games this does not matter lol... when we lose, every rock gets over turned to try to find “answers”.

The truth is the entire offense was out of sync and our best players collectively did not execute well. They also played against a good front 7 that caused problems and the Panthers D deserves some credit as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently this year he is. Don’t know why the change. But most QB’s would go to the bench after the drive and get on the phone with the OC. Not claiming to know what goes on on an NFL sideline, but I feel like a middle man between the QB and OC is fairly abnormal. Not saying whether it is or isn’t a big deal, but thought it was worth the talking point.

I think most QBs with OCs in the booth only talk to them directly a couple of times per game.

If they talk zero times it would be odd but Dak probably just meant that most of the time but not always that they go through Moore.

I think on timeouts that Dak (via helmet comm), Moore and Linehan are all hearing each other.

It makes sense to me that Dak would not be on the phone very often. Moore has the headset. I think the number of headsets is limited such that there is not an extra laying around. Dak would have to take the headset from the backup QB if he wanted to avoid using the phone.

I do like having the OC in the booth. I think the OC looses some feel for what the defense is doing when on the sidelines.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Of course the Rams aren’t transitioning to a new group of receivers and TEs.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Yeah but then we ran a 2 TE set for most of the game anyways, and the creative application of all these gadgets and route runners never came to fruition.

Yea, that’s because we’ve built our team as a running team over the years and now we have to spread it out cause the qb sucks so bad.

We are a running team. That’s how this deal is built. The qb refuses to throw to his outside wr’s in one on one situations, even when the other team has 8 other guys in the box. This is not rocket science.

If you think the qb is so good that we will win games by spreading the field, when he won’t even throw to outside 1 on 1 matchups, then you are smoking some good stuff.