Our offense may not be as great as you think for this upcoming season

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Our offense will not be explosive and here’s why:

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
So basically you're saying

We will suck, and if youre right you can say see I told you so, and if you're wrong you can say I'm glad I was wrong?

We have some of the most cowardly fans in the league. Browns fans have more spine then you "fans" . All yall are good for is to sit around and cry and complain about how Jerry sucks, and Jerry this and Jerry that. Claim you care about the team yet trash the team every chance you get for the glory of being right if it goes bad? Embarrassing. No wonder Cowboy fans don't show up to home games anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be sitting next to grown babies like you.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So basically you're saying

We will suck, and if youre right you can say see I told you so, and if you're wrong you can say I'm glad I was wrong?

We have some of the most cowardly fans in the league. Browns fans have more spine then you "fans" . All yall are good for is to sit around and cry and complain about how Jerry sucks, and Jerry this and Jerry that. Claim you care about the team yet trash the team every chance you get for the glory of being right if it goes bad? Embarrassing. No wonder Cowboy fans don't show up to home games anymore. I'd be embarrassed to be sitting next to grown babies like you.
You see it too huh? Embarrassing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Our run game will be severely lacking. I’m not saying it was great last year. However, that being said, it has not improved this year either. Pollard as the feature back may not work as well as we are thinking it will. Last year, the one two punch of Zeke and Pollard was fun to watch. Is Zeke way past his prime? Yes. But we needed someone else to compliment Pollard’s explosive style. And we didn’t get that this season. We got Rico and Deuce. Are they going to be great enough to step up to the plate to up our running game? I like them both but unfortunately, the answer is no. Pollard, Rico, and Deuce are not this formidable trio this board and other Cowboys fans think it is. It’s a meddling trio, which, one could argue is enough to win it all with good coaching, the right plays, tough attitudes, and the right luck.

Problem is, the Cowboys have none of that. I don’t believe our new OC is going to top Kellen Moore, who wasn’t that great an OC in the first place. McCarthy is a game manager at best. Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.

That leads us to our next problem— the rest of the offense being lead by none other than THE Dak Prescott, whom no one in the league fears. I’m not saying he’s a HORRIBLE QB. But I am saying he’s top 12-15 at best. Maybe Top 10-12 on his best day. He’s not a playmaker or runner. He’s not an accurate deep thrower. He’s just… basic. There’s nothing he excels at. Meaning he’s easy to shut down. Our best playmakers are in our WR room but again, that all depends on the QB and OC, both of whom are not that great.

So, when both the QB, OC, and RB rooms aren’t that great, what are we left with offensively that can be dwindled as scary good? Well that question remains unanswered. I hope I’m wrong about all of this but I just can’t see this offense being explosive or great considering all the changes (or lack thereof) made in the off-season.

We’ll be left with a somewhat great defense, but the defense can only carry the offense so far, as we saw last year when the offense severely struggled.
Are you worried about your Eagles?

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If the offense fails it will be t because of the front offices' indifference towards the OL depth. Unforgivable. Dak will be Dak, we just have to hope he doesn't choke yet again and turn the ball over in the playoffs.

J12B

Reaction score

Use me as a downvote button.

ccb04

Reaction score
At one point early last year...Cooper Rush was the starting QB, an unproven rookie the starting LT, and Noah Brown and Dennis Houston the #2 & #3 WR's.
And they STILL won games. The difference between Pollard & Zeke was again evident when Pollard exited the 49'ers playoff game.

Yeah, heading into this year, they've definitely improved on that...and we're able to overcome the aforementioned last year, to go 12-5 in the most competitive division in football.

The offense may take a bit to gel, given the transition and lack of game time. But the offense has added more explosive players like Cooks, Vaughn, etc...and concepts (slants, screens, wheels, draws, etc.), that many called for, but were previously often underutilized.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well that's all ridiculous.

It's so weird how a QB that's "easy to shut down" and a "not that great" OC led the team to 1st place finishes in scoring offense each of the last two years (cutting out the Rush weeks 2-6 last year). Nobody has ever been able to explain that to me in a way I can understand.

I guess you think it was because of Zeke, the guy whose last 50 runs as a Cowboy went for 100 yards. However are we going to replace that kind of production?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Can’t wait to play your Giants.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Our team is nothing but a bunch of weak wannabe instagram influencers.
:lmao: :facepalm:

dunce.jpg

John813

Reaction score
Better WRs. Healthy Oline going into week 1.
Explosive RB starting with a few RBs behind him with different skill sets.
Green TEs but some upside.

I’m not seeing the signs of a weaker offense