Our Offensive Scheme Will Only Get Us To A Divisional Round Game

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I have been saying this for almost 10 years that this Offensive scheme is very outdated and it will not take a team far... People used to blame Romo but what I realized it's the scheme folks! Nothing creative with this scheme no men in motion... our play action plays suck, we never run rub routes 6 times a Season, no stick nod routes for the TEs, and we hardly run RPOs...No Post Corner routes no slant and goes and we don't run over routes enough from the slot...

Jason Garrett maybe a good guy but 10 years at a job with no NFC Championship games, his time is up

WE need a young Offensive mind at OC I don't want any of JG finger prints on this offense any more... His time is up

TWOK11

Reaction score
Our offensive scheme has had 3 MAJOR overhauls in the last 10 years, so I didn't feel the need to read beyond your first sentence. Sorry.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Our offensive scheme has had 3 MAJOR overhauls in the last 10 years, so I didn't feel the need to read beyond your first sentence. Sorry.
Looks the same to me. Never, ever, adjust a scheme when everyone else knows it, it's called a process.

Last edited:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The offense scheme was fine tonight. The passing game got in rhythm in the second half. Guys were constantly open all game.

This game was lost 100% because the defense couldn’t get the ball back to the offense.

With your season on the line and you need a 3 and out how do you let a QB run unimpeded for 11 yards?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
The offense scheme was fine tonight. The passing game got in rhythm in the second half. Guys were constantly open all game.

This game was lost 100% because the defense couldn’t get the ball back to the offense.

With your season on the line and you need a 3 and out how do you let a QB run unimpeded for 11 yards?
Answer me this... How far has this Scheme taken us in the last 10 years... how rub routes do you see etc ill wait

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's just too hard for indoor teams to win on the road in the playoffs. They are more reliant on home field advantage...see the Saints and Falcons. Brees has only won 1 road playoff game in his career, Matt Ryan finally won one last year after 10 years in the league.

The only hope this team ever has is if they are the #1 seed again and don't choke like 2016 and 2007.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Answer me this... How far has this Scheme taken us in the last 10 years... how rub routes do you see etc ill wait
Taken the team to 3 division titles and 3 10+ win seasons last 5 years.

The reason the team has lost ALL 3 of the playoff games those years is because of defense.

2014 - couldn’t stop a 1 legged Aaron Rodgers
2016 - gave up 3rd and forever
2018 - give up 275 rushing yards.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think what we saw tonight is a 21st century offense against a 20th century offense. The scheme is kind of predictable and ordinary. They runs some plays like the WR screen that never seem to work. Maybe its execution. But if it doesn;t work, then why call it?

I was glad the pounded it with Zeke after the Gallup catch. With 4 downs, make the Rams stop him 4 times.

I did not like the 4th and 1 call that failed. I don;t understand why you would run straight into the best DT in the NFL who is being blocked by your rookie OG when the whole world was looking for Zeke to get the ball. That was the game right there. You put your whole season on the line with that play? Maybe it would have been a good time to do something else to get outside those tackles, or run behind Zack Martin.

After tonight, I think Linehan has to go. His play calling hurts the team.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Taken the team to 3 division titles and 3 10+ win seasons last 5 years.

The reason the team has lost ALL 3 of the playoff games those years is because of defense.

2014 - couldn’t stop a 1 legged Aaron Rodgers
2016 - gave up 3rd and forever
2018 - give up 275 rushing yards.

So Divisional round correct... I rest my case *sniff*

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I think what we saw tonight is a 21st century offense against a 20th century offense. The scheme is kind of predictable and ordinary. They runs some plays like the WR screen that never seem to work. Maybe its execution. But if it doesn;t work, then why call it?

I was glad the pounded it with Zeke after the Gallup catch. With 4 downs, make the Rams stop him 4 times.

I did not like the 4th and 1 call that failed. I don;t understand why you would run straight into the best DT in the NFL who is being blocked by your rookie OG when the whole world was looking for Zeke to get the ball. That was the game right there. You put your whole season on the line with that play? Maybe it would have been a good time to do something else to get outside those tackles, or run behind Zack Martin.

After tonight, I think Linehan has to go. His play calling hurts the team.

Thank you!!! finally some one with eyes can see our scheme is outdated lol how can people not see this?!?!

Reaction score
I have been saying this for almost 10 years that this Offensive scheme is very outdated and it will not take a team far... People used to blame Romo but what I realized it's the scheme folks! Nothing creative with this scheme no men in motion... our play action plays suck, we never run rub routes 6 times a Season, no stick nod routes for the TEs, and we hardly run RPOs...No Post Corner routes no slant and goes and we don't run over routes enough from the slot...

Jason Garrett maybe a good guy but 10 years at a job with no NFC Championship games, his time is up

WE need a young Offensive mind at OC I don't want any of JG finger prints on this offense any more... His time is up

Yeah,,, a different scheme wouldn't have changed a thing tonight.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Run tavon on over routes then hit them with a over and out route... Simple right? motion Tavon all over the place its the threat that counts
Fax. Tavon is faster than tyreek hill yet he’s used like ****

pansophy

Reaction score
Hard to make this case when the Rams scheme is rooted in the same philosophy. They just run much better.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
We need an OC that is not afraid of deception. Rams came into this game bound and determined to stop Zeke, but I can count on one hand how many play action calls Linehan made. In fact, I dont recall any.