Our Offensive Scheme Will Only Get Us To A Divisional Round Game

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
The offensive scheme wasn't the problem today. With a competent defensive performance they probably win the game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
So, how would changing the offensive scheme have kept the defense from allowing two 100 yard rusher (one of them off the scrap heap) and stopped a pocket passer from gaining 11 yards on 3rd and 9 when the stop was do or die?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Go to a 5 wide empty set where you know there's no possibility of a run. Dumb

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What was so fancy about the Rams scheme tonight? They ran a few end arounds and had the naked bootleg.

90% of the Rams scheme tonight was 1985 era power run.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I don't know about faster but you can use him in similar ways... but nope this system like to keep it Vanilla
I saw tavon run a timed 4.28 at a track meet in person once. This was around 10 ish years ago tho He’s very very fast

JGRXXN

Reaction score
So, how would changing the offensive scheme have kept the defense from allowing two 100 yard rusher (one of them off the scrap heap) and stopped a pocket passer from gaining 11 yards on 3rd and 9 when the stop was do or die?
we would score more points duhhhhhhhhh meaning teams can't run us all over the place... I mean you guys must love the Divisional round huh

JGRXXN

Reaction score
What was so fancy about the Rams scheme tonight? They ran a few end arounds and had the naked bootleg.

90% of the Rams scheme tonight was 1985 era power run.
You mean like those crosser routes they was running and those over routes out of PA... do you have eyes sir

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You mean like those crosser routes they was running and those over routes out of PA... do you have eyes sir
This game was not lost because of the passing game. It was the 275 yards on the ground.

I’d say our routes were just as good as guys seemed to be running wide open. Now Dak didn’t always hit them but they were open.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
we would score more points duhhhhhhhhh meaning teams can't run us all over the place... I mean you guys must love the Divisional round huh
Why don't you lay it for me, I would like to understand. What scheme should the Garrett have deployed tonight to change the result of that game?

Cydios

Reaction score
We didn't have enough pieces! Witten, Dez, Frederick... these players don't grow on trees. We played the talent we had. Young team will be ready next year.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Why don't you lay it for me, I would like to understand. What scheme should the Garrett have deployed tonight to change the result of that game?
the one across the sideline... do you need more help understanding this... did you watch KC game today or nah

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
the one across the sideline... do you need more help understanding this... did you watch KC game today or nah
What is their scheme? Please enlighten me. Are there any differences in personnel? How would you compare the strengths and weaknesses of the three units and what would be the best strategy toward a game plan against the weaknesses of the Rams D using our strengths?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
What is their scheme? Please enlighten me. Are there any differences in personnel? How would you compare the strengths and weaknesses of the three units and what would be the best strategy toward a game plan against the weaknesses of the Rams D using our strengths?

Their scheme is to get to the NFC Championship game... any further questions guy guy

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hate our scheme. You saw what a real coach can do tonight in MCVay. No doubt if he’s coaching Dallas and Garrett is coaching the Rams then Dallas would win.

With that said.. Our scheme wasn’t the problem tonight.

McVay just owned Richard. Fake the jet sweep and suddenly we give up 300 yards rush8ng.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Garrett's scheme has been this since 2014. Play ball-control offense, run the ball, move the ball slowly down the field, play hard nosed defense and if you dominate time of possession, you win. Unfortunately, when you play this type of offense and your defense fails you, you usually lose. To me, a superior offensive coordinator is more important than the Head Coach in today's NFL. So if you have a Coach/Great offensive coordinator, you'll usually win. Look at the teams left in the play offs... All of them have superior offensive coordinators, and most are Coach/Coordinator.

Zman5

Reaction score
It felt like the Rams used a Jet sweep on every play to move our players.
JG/Linehan finds something that works then we never see it again until 6 games later.