Our Offensive Scheme Will Only Get Us To A Divisional Round Game

BlueStar22

Reaction score
McVay's offense runs out of the same 11 personnel every freaking play and he's outcoaching the entire league right now on offense. They just move guys around and their runs look just like their pass plays. Keeps opponents guessing.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I hate our scheme. You saw what a real coach can do tonight in MCVay. No doubt if he’s coaching Dallas and Garrett is coaching the Rams then Dallas would win.

With that said.. Our scheme wasn’t the problem tonight.

McVay just owned Richard. Fake the jet sweep and suddenly we give up 300 yards rush8ng.

See if we had a better Scheme they wouldn't have had those opportunities to run a thousand jet sweeps... we are young team with talent but we don't scheme people open etc Marcus Peters knew Gallup was running that drag route did you see that... they know what we are doing... Ray Lewis and Ed Reed said it Dez said it TO Witten complaining about the lack of rub routes when he was there... smh

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
See if we had a better Scheme they wouldn't have had those opportunities to run a thousand jet sweeps... we are young team with talent but we don't scheme people open etc Marcus Peters knew Gallup was running that drag route did you see that... they know what we are doing... Ray Lewis and Ed Reed said it Dez said it TO Witten complaining about the lack of rub routes when he was there... smh

A better coach would be great but we won’t get it.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Garrett's scheme has been this since 2014. Play ball-control offense, run the ball, move the ball slowly down the field, play hard nosed defense and if you dominate time of possession, you win. Unfortunately, when you play this type of offense and your defense fails you, you usually lose. To me, a superior offensive coordinator is more important than the Head Coach in today's NFL. So if you have a Coach/Great offensive coordinator, you'll usually win. Look at the teams left in the play offs... All of them have superior offensive coordinators, and most are Coach/Coordinator.
That's a good philosophy if you run 2019 route concepts... that's my point even T.O. said the route tree is limited to what he was used to Dez Hurns etc

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's a good philosophy if you run 2019 route concepts... that's my point even T.O. said the route tree is limited to what he was used to Dez Hurns etc
This is why we need top notch coaches in here. We're America's team, yet we have a tad better than average coaching staff.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
This is why we need top notch coaches in here. We're America's team, yet we have a tad better than average coaching staff.
Exactly Clove that's my point... I love the TOP strategy bc it works but run it with a 2019-2020 scheme that's all im saying

pansophy

Reaction score
which team runs pick and rub routes and which team doesn't... i'll wait *sniff*
Yeah, watching the Rams run all the things we sort of do less effectively with incredible precision made me see that we need a fresh start. Would be happy if Linehan is done if we don't do a full scheme change and make Dak learn a whole new offense.

Anyone on McVay's staff we could grab?

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Yeah, watching the Rams run all the things we sort of do less effectively with incredible precision made me see that we need a fresh start. Would be happy if Linehan is done if we don't do a full scheme change and make Dak learn a whole new offense.

Anyone on McVay's staff we could grab?

The philosophy is great but the Rams showed us a modern version of what we could be running and should be running

visionary

Reaction score
I have been saying this for almost 10 years that this Offensive scheme is very outdated and it will not take a team far... People used to blame Romo but what I realized it's the scheme folks! Nothing creative with this scheme no men in motion... our play action plays suck, we never run rub routes 6 times a Season, no stick nod routes for the TEs, and we hardly run RPOs...No Post Corner routes no slant and goes and we don't run over routes enough from the slot...

Jason Garrett maybe a good guy but 10 years at a job with no NFC Championship games, his time is up

WE need a young Offensive mind at OC I don't want any of JG finger prints on this offense any more... His time is up

Duck
Garrett homies incoming

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the "Jockey" ain't winning the race someone at some point should examine the Horse.......:rolleyes:

Zman5

Reaction score
Do you? Both teams run the Air Coryell offense. Rams obviously execute it much better and creatively.

McVay doesn’t run a Coryell offense. His offense is based on WCO. He got his start under Grudens and Shannahans.