Our pass rush

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't understand all the clamor about our pass rush esp yesterday.

You cannot generate a decent pass rush against a team determined to defeat your pass rush by short drops and quick routes. There isn't time for it to develop esp in an honest 3-4 defense sending 4-5 guys.

I'd rather they defend it exactly like they did. It takes excellent execution for a team to march down the field with that kind of short game especially when your team has taken away their running game. That's why you saw failed drives and FGs in this game for the most part.

Wade is using this defense the way its been designed to be used. And it is forcing teams to game plan around it. I'm very happy teams are being forced to game plan around it and play that short game. We'll win most games against that offense esp when they can't run the ball consistently.

And there is no reason to gamble that often against that kind of offense. Even blitzing you're not going to hurry the QB that often much less sack them with that offense. Let them try to dink and dunk it down the field all day. In fact be glad we are forcing them to play that way and taking their normal offense away from them.

And BTW, when a team allows only 61 yards in the running game, you like that.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
jobberone;2313051 said:
I don't understand all the clamor about our pass rush esp yesterday.

You cannot generate a decent pass rush against a team determined to defeat your pass rush by short drops and quick routes. There isn't time for it to develop esp in an honest 3-4 defense sending 4-5 guys.

I'd rather they defend it exactly like they did. It takes excellent execution for a team to march down the field with that kind of short game especially when your team has taken away their running game. That's why you saw failed drives and FGs in this game for the most part.

Wade is using this defense the way its been designed to be used. And it is forcing teams to game plan around it. I'm very happy teams are being forced to game plan around it and play that short game. We'll win most games against that offense esp when they can't run the ball consistently.

And there is no reason to gamble that often against that kind of offense. Even blitzing you're not going to hurry the QB that often much less sack them with that offense. Let them try to dink and dunk it down the field all day. In fact be glad we are forcing them to play that way and taking their normal offense away from them.

And BTW, when a team allows only 61 yards in the running game, you like that.

Folks want a 10 sack game, Job. Hurries and knock downs are just as important, IMO. Especially with some QB's, like Palmer, you get them flustered they start throwing errant. Plummer was that way as well.They had an easy 6 to the RB but Palmer freaked and over-threw him. All in all it was a soild effort.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
With the 3 and 5 step drops designed to defeat the pass rush, you would think we would bat down a few more passes. Particularly given Canty's size. Old Too Tall did it all the time. Seems that getting hands up when blocked isnt a big emphasis on this squad, havent seen it too often.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York;2313142 said:
With the 3 and 5 step drops designed to defeat the pass rush, you would think we would bat down a few more passes. Particularly given Canty's size. Old Too Tall did it all the time. Seems that getting hands up when blocked isnt a big emphasis on this squad, havent seen it too often.

I think they did get there hands on at least one. I don't even know if they keep batted balls or touched balls as a stat. I would assume so. They did bother him some.

I guess all this means is either I'm on way too many ignore lists, no one agrees, no one wants to admit they were wrong, or who cares about facts I'm going to ***** anyway.

People here used to want to talk football. This was a football thread and look what it gets. Just about zero interest. Just goes to prove ESPN knows what there doing. People don't want football. They want to be entertained and mob mentality.

I'm actually really bummed out by this forum right now.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2313462 said:
ROMO does not have any weaknesses.

Not sure I understand this one CC. I doubt he would agree with you. He drives me crazy with his scrambling with the football out there waiting to be batted away.....like yesterday. And he could cut a few of the INTs out although with this passing offense he has to thread it in there a lot. His windows on some of those seam throws particularly are small at times. He doesn't pull the trigger and suddenly people are going to be saying what is wrong with Witten. He's in his third year as a starter. He's doing well but has room for improvement.