Our "In your Face" leader emerges (Clips from FWST/Hill article)..

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
The media was questioning if we had a "Get in Your Face" guy when things got rough.....

Keith Davis......

These are some of the clips from an article by Clarance E. Hill Jr. (Sorry, couldn't copy the whole article correctly because of the pics in it....Hopefully someone can get the full article to the dailyzone).

http://www.star-telegram.com/281/story/969840.html

......Slowly but surely, a fire of anger is starting to smolder in the Dallas Cowboys’ locker room, but it’s not coming from the usual suspects.

The most smoke came from special-teams captain Keith Davis, who gave a fiery tongue lashing to his teammates following Sunday’s 30-24 overtime loss to the Arizona Cardinals before a sold-out crowd at University of Phoenix Stadium.

For Davis, it was not just about the special teams, but the overall attitude of a talented Cowboys team that doesn’t always play with a sense of urgency and chooses to increasingly rely on its 13 Pro Bowl spots from last year rather than its effort.

"I am fed up with it," Davis said. "Yeah, I’m fed up. Because there’s no reason. Everybody wants to talk, 'Oh, the Cowboys are the most talented team.’ Man, talent ain’t ever won nobody nothing. Nothing. It’s going to be a complete team. It’s not about talent. Talent’s not going to get it done. Want-to is what’s going to get it done. Focus is what’s going to get it done. Busting your tail starting on Monday is what’s going to get it done."

Note: I also read Crayton's comments as well...Good job for these two for standing up!!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hot_Toddy;2332810 said:
"I am fed up with it," Davis said. "Yeah, I’m fed up. Because there’s no reason. Everybody wants to talk, 'Oh, the Cowboys are the most talented team.’ Man, talent ain’t ever won nobody nothing. Nothing. It’s going to be a complete team. It’s not about talent. Talent’s not going to get it done. Want-to is what’s going to get it done. Focus is what’s going to get it done. Busting your tail starting on Monday is what’s going to get it done."

Note: I also read Crayton's comments as well...Good job for these two for standing up!!

Great comment by Davis. Exacty what i think when i look at those Romos, TOs etc. and how they act. Especially Romo: no fire nor sense of urgency he almost looks on the field like he is anoyed by this game. this is not what a leader should look like when things go bad. and a leader he better should be! He better step up his game or we are in search for a franchise QB next year.

But this surely is not only about 1 or 2 players. It looks like this team thinks they have already booked the ticket to the superbowl and the season is "just fun".

To clarify my feelings. What makes me angry is not that we lost a important game. what maks me mad is how we lost it. this team better start playing as a team because to me right now i don't see the so much advertised talent.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I wonder is Romo is "enjoying the journey" of this season so far?

Yay, football is fun. :rolleyes:

It's also your job, Romo, and you better start treating it as such.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Exactly why I love KD. Not most gifted guy but he plays with all he has.

And after seeing theebs video of Bradie's post game interview, its pretty damn obvious that James is one of the guys that Keith is talking about.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I like what KD said. James has gotten better playing wise, but seems to be an excuse maker.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
A STer and a 2nd rate WR. Nice.

Tony Romo should unquestionably be the leader of this team, and instead he sits on the bench looking ready to cry when something goes wrong.

morasp

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2332847 said:

Tony Romo should unquestionably be the leader of this team, and instead he sits on the bench looking ready to cry when something goes wrong.

Tony: "Let's see $1 million, $2 million, $3 million, ... "

thewireman

Reaction score

Did you see Tony sitting on the bench with a whatever attitude when Folk made the game tying field goal? Even my wife who doesn't watch football noticed that and asked why was he just sitting on the bench, when he should be pumping up his team mates.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Yep, until someone major steps up that doesn't matter.