Our Surprise Playoff Star

Creeper

Reaction score
If the 49ers OL tries to hard to get out and block Micah Parsons, one of the DTs could have a surprisingly good day. The 49ers are not familiar with Parsons and his quickness but I will bet they have a plan for him. But as Mike Tyson said, "plans are great until you get punched in the mouth."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tony Pollard and Cedric Wilson

Neither would be a surprise both have had some big games this season. Someone like Anthony Brown who’s taken some heat from the fans. Maybe Osa who got off to a great start this season but kind of disappeared the second half of the season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So the question is, who is the guy on this year's team? Who is the mysterious, overlooked, playoff surprise? It would not be someone obvious, like Micah or Randy. It would have to be totally unexpected, we never saw it coming.

Gallimore. Has shown potential, and we *need* better play at DT to go anywhere.

Joseph is another possibility to make a jump.

The last guy would be Biadasz. He's been mediocre to ok this season, but the trend line is clearly up. He's the weakest link on the oline. Has some pedigree to be very good. Big guys often aren't playing at full power during the season, IMO. He's young and should have more physical reserves to make a jump at the end of the season. If he can turn it to 11, we've got a dominant oline. Great story for the Rimington Award Winner to flip the switch and fulfill the his potential for the playoffs and beyond.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Mr Jarwin

Go Cowboys!

I like that one too. People can always pick some downroster guy to excel, and sure, that's a surprise. But guys who they *thought* had a lot more are the better picks to actually happen. Jarwin is one of those guys.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I live in the Bay Area [49er & Raiders central] With the attention Cooper, CeeDee & Schultz will get from opposing defenses, Wilson will have ample opportunity to make plays and help this team win.

The attention elsewhere makes that 3rd WR spot and easy row to hoe. Run the right route, run it well, and catch the damn ball. That's all it takes. It takes competence.

Aven8

Reaction score
Tampa’s crowd is like playing last year……quiet

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Collectively, the OL. They have been (reasonably) maligned most of the season. Time for them to break the narrative.

plasticman

Reaction score
Truthfully, if the Cowboys play the most productive RB, yes! But I’m not a professional and don’t have the insight that the professionals have, so what do I know.
Probably more than me.

You can't read the heart. Some players get their big chance on the big stage and I never really know how it's going to turn out but some of them really surprise.

Doug Williams was abused as a QB in Tamps Bay back when they were really bad. He got his big chance to start a Super Bowl when the starter for Washington, Jay Schroder went down. He ended up the SB MVP with 18-29-340-4TD-1INT.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t consider pollard a surprise. He’s been one of the top 5 producers on offense all season. So I won’t say him.

jarwin is an interesting pick. Wilson is a highly likely one. He makes a lot of plays

Surfguy

Reaction score
Zeke is gonna surprise people today. I expect him to deliver today.

All that off-season running pulling a big tire around finally going to pay off? He deserved a better regular season for all that hard work. But, now is the time to make it work for you!