Over? Under? 9.5 Wins In 2021

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like the under too. Win division at 9-8. Maybe 8-8-1. Assuming Dak stays healthy.

So then you are predicting another year of mass injuries?

this team was 6-10 with Dalton at the helm and a horrible defense with mass injuries everywhere.

You think adding the following players to the team will amount to only 2 more wins?

Dak, Martin, Smith, Collins, Jarwin, Kazee, Joseph, Neal, Cox, Parsons, Urban, Osa.

Then you have the organic development of: Diggs, Lamb, Gallimore and Gregory with a full offseason and TC.

And to top it off we have a better DC and the team has an entire offseason of OTA's, TC, and 4 preseason games.

ALL those advantages and talent added or coming back and you come up with 2 WINS increase?

Some of you guys really are pessimistic.

conner01

Reaction score
Over. Going with at least 10 wins. If we get some health luck 11 should secure the division depending on the head to head division records.
10 is my prediction but better wouldn’t shock me

garyo1954

Reaction score
Tough call. When you break down the schedule we play 5 teams that finished above .500 last year....

11-5 @TB
14-2 @KC
8-8 LV
12-4 @NO
8-8 AZ

We get LV and AZ at home where we should have an advantage.

We play 5 teams that finished 7-9 last year....

WFT X 2
@Chargers
@NE
@Minnesota

Four of those game are on the road where they have the advantage.

Then we play 7 teams with losing records.

4-11-1 Philly X 2
5-11 Carolina
6-10 NYG X 2
5-11 Denver
4-12 Atlanta

Except for the Giants and Philly they are all at home.

If we split the division games we have 3 Ws and winning the games we should Carolina, Denver and Atlanta we have 6 Ws.
Getting past LV and AZ we're at 8.
Now we need to go on the road at TB, at KC, at NO, at the Chargers, at NE, and at Minnesota (or sweep one of the division games) to get 9.

Minnesota and NO look doable, the Chargers and NE possibles.
Tampa Bay, early is good for us. Brady doesn't worry where he lands in the play-offs, just get there.

But I digress. No way I'm predicting 14-3 if we come out all schizoid and start this 1W, 1L garbage like passed years.
I like our chances at 10.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So then you are predicting another year of mass injuries?

this team was 6-10 with Dalton at the helm and a horrible defense with mass injuries everywhere.

You think adding the following players to the team will amount to only 2 more wins?

Dak, Martin, Smith, Collins, Jarwin, Kazee, Joseph, Neal, Cox, Parsons, Urban, Osa.

Then you have the organic development of: Diggs, Lamb, Gallimore and Gregory with a full offseason and TC.

And to top it off we have a better DC and the team has an entire offseason of OTA's, TC, and 4 preseason games.

ALL those advantages and talent added or coming back and you come up with 2 WINS increase?

Some of you guys really are pessimistic.
The previous 3 seasons were 8-8, 10-6 and 9-7. And I do expect some injuries.

We have the potential of winning 10 or more games but much has to go right including no major injuries on offense and a defense much improved.

It would be very tough for me to wager on that until I see it unfold and sustain which is what I was responding to. And smart wagering is based on prior history and current trends not futures.

And I think last year if Dak stays healthy we go at least 8-8 and win the division . With our defense and schedule tough to have won more. And probably one and out in playoffs.

And I think with 9 wins we can win division this year. Probably only division we could win. I consider this realistic not negative. While I always retain hope for more. And if we begin showing we have more my position could change.

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
The previous 3 seasons were 8-8, 10-6 and 9-7. And I do expect some injuries.

We have the potential of winning 10 or more games but much has to go right including no major injuries on offense and a defense much improved.

It would be very tough for me to wager on that until I see it unfold and sustain which is what I was responding to. And smart wagering is based on prior history and current trends not futures.

And I think last year if Dak stays healthy we go at least 8-8 and win the division . With our defense and schedule tough to have won more. And probably one and out in playoffs.

And I think with 9 wins we can win division this year. Probably only division we could win. I consider this realistic not negative. While I always retain hope for more. And if we begin showing we have more my position could change.

Good insight and good thoughts!

Flamma

Reaction score
Tough call. When you break down the schedule we play 5 teams that finished above .500 last year....

11-5 @TB
14-2 @KC
8-8 LV
12-4 @NO
8-8 AZ

We get LV and AZ at home where we should have an advantage.

We play 5 teams that finished 7-9 last year....

WFT X 2
@Chargers
@NE
@Minnesota

Four of those game are on the road where they have the advantage.

Then we play 7 teams with losing records.

4-11-1 Philly X 2
5-11 Carolina
6-10 NYG X 2
5-11 Denver
4-12 Atlanta

Except for the Giants and Philly they are all at home.

If we split the division games we have 3 Ws and winning the games we should Carolina, Denver and Atlanta we have 6 Ws.
Getting past LV and AZ we're at 8.
Now we need to go on the road at TB, at KC, at NO, at the Chargers, at NE, and at Minnesota (or sweep one of the division games) to get 9.

Minnesota and NO look doable, the Chargers and NE possibles.
Tampa Bay, early is good for us. Brady doesn't worry where he lands in the play-offs, just get there.

But I digress. No way I'm predicting 14-3 if we come out all schizoid and start this 1W, 1L garbage like passed years.
I like our chances at 10.

We have what I consider a rough schedule and I'm just not sure our D is quite there yet. Didn't we just play AZ at home? The game wasn't even close. And they're not getting any worse. I guess 10 is possible in a best case scenario. Which means I'd have to take the under. The D is going to have to do a 180. Can that happen in one off season?

cowboyec

Reaction score
over.

i always predict 12-4...so with the extra game i'm not sure if i go 12-5...or 13-4.
i'll stick with 12w's.

Last edited:

TWOK11

Reaction score
Our schedule is, on paper, as “easy” as an NFL schedule gets. If we stay healthy on offense I have a hard time imagining us not winning 10 games just based on our ability to outscored many teams. Even if the defense is only marginally better, I think 10-7 is easily attainable. And that may be an underestimate as top 5 offenses in PPG very rarely win fewer than 11 games.

garyo1954

Reaction score
We have what I consider a rough schedule and I'm just not sure our D is quite there yet. Didn't we just play AZ at home? The game wasn't even close. And they're not getting any worse. I guess 10 is possible in a best case scenario. Which means I'd have to take the under. The D is going to have to do a 180. Can that happen in one off season?

I agree. This is a rough schedule period. And all the games against the very good teams are at their place.
The only teams we get at home at/above .500 are LV (on Thanksgiving) and AZ between Washington and going to Philly for the last game.
Its hard to pick a spot where we can pick up any momentum unless its the @Minnesota, Denver, Atlanta games before we go to KC.

Interesting about the defense. T-RO was talking about the Rams having a new defensive coordinator, Raheem Morris. Morris was the head Coach of Tampa Bay in 2010.
That year he started 10 rookies and finished with a 10-6 record. I guess anything is possible, but, like you, I'm wary.

Flamma

Reaction score
Our schedule is, on paper, as “easy” as an NFL schedule gets. If we stay healthy on offense I have a hard time imagining us not winning 10 games just based on our ability to outscored many teams. Even if the defense is only marginally better, I think 10-7 is easily attainable. And that may be an underestimate as top 5 offenses in PPG very rarely win fewer than 11 games.

Don't get your wallet out just yet. It can happen if you have a bad enough defense. The Falcons and Rams were top 5 in 2019 and didn't even make the playoffs. And I think the Vikings last year.