overlooked

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Brees, Peyton, Cutler, Rodgers, Warner , Rivers, Orton, Favre, Gerrad, Kitna, Schaub, Griese, Hasselback, Flaco, Anderson, all have the same amount or more INTS than Romo.......almost half the QBS in the league have 4 or more ints

MDIZZLE

Reaction score
Its now newsworthy unless its something "bad" about the cowboys havent you heard? We are supposed to get tore down about every little thing since we are AMERICAS TEAM.

Even IF plenty of other people have the same amount of INTS thrown.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
whoops my bad...but my point is that they all throw INTS....Romo didnt invent them.....not an excuse just an observation

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
you dont judge your lawn by how bad your neighbors lawn is(even though my neighbors lawn is kicking my butt) at least your not supposed to

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dalboy;2311082 said:
you dont judge your lawn by how bad your neighbors lawn is(even though my neighbors lawn is kicking my butt) at least your not supposed to
You also don't judge it by weeds that aren't even showing.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2311681 said:
but 8 straight games w/ an INT

longest streak in the league

it has to stop

I hate the ints as much or more than the next guy, but with Tony it's just one of those things, and on to the next play. I'll take an int, if he's gunna throw 3tds that same game.

I long for the days when ints were as good as punts, lmao. Not!!!!!!!!

EveryoneElse

Reaction score

it has to stop

BTW, I know where you're coming from, I'd like to see a game with 1td and 0ints sprinkled in there somewhere.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
dalboy;2311082 said:

as ignorant as that comparison is ill go with it..........................

you dont judge your lawn by how bad your neighbors lawn is but you can look at your neighbors yard and realize that no yard is perfect...and however imperfect my yard is if it gets yard of the week 4 out of 5 weeks i can still be proud of it and enjoy that it will win more than it loses

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311721 said:
I hate the ints as much or more than the next guy, but with Tony it's just one of those things, and on to the next play. I'll take an int, if he's gunna throw 3tds that same game.

I long for the days when ints were as good as punts, lmao. Not!!!!!!!!

Ummmm, it needs to STOP being one of those things. That's the point.

Just cuz he has the ability to "Shake it off" Doesn't make it ok. It's not him I'm worried about after an INT, it's our lackluster defense being on the field again.

Plus, throwing ints in the playoffs will usually get you beat.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Rack;2311750 said:
Ummmm, it needs to STOP being one of those things. That's the point.

Just cuz he has the ability to "Shake it off" Doesn't make it ok. It's not him I'm worried about after an INT, it's our lackluster defense being on the field again.

Plus, throwing ints in the playoffs will usually get you beat.

It's not going to stop, you can pretty much count on that. He takes chances with the ball, thats what he does, thats what he's done since he's been here. Thats been the knock on him, dating back to before he ever thought about taking Bledsoe's job.

In a perfect world, Romo wouldn't throw ints, but the worlds not perfect, and his ints will always be a part of his game as long as he is asked to go out there and try and make plays.

And I agree, our defense is not good enough to overcome his turnovers in tight spots, but he's thrown one in every game this year and we're 4-1.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

it has to stop
Usually it doesn't matter b/c he can overcome those mistakes.

BUT...they are mistakes that I wish he could just grow out of.

Todays' INT ...Witten was there. I didn't see it as a good defensive play as much as just a weak pass.

Maybe it's just me but it seems that a fair number of Romo's passes have seemed to be off target: the pass to Bennett in the endzone that was too far out, the final TD, pass for Austin was a little high (Though austin could have caught it). There were a few others that were just...off.

Is romo hurt? I'm noticing more of his passes jsut lack that ...zing

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2311782 said:
It's not going to stop, you can pretty much count on that. He takes chances with the ball, thats what he does, thats what he's done since he's been here. Thats been the knock on him, dating back to before he ever thought about taking Bledsoe's job.

In a perfect world, Romo wouldn't throw ints, but the worlds not perfect, and his ints will always be a part of his game as long as he is asked to go out there and try and make plays.

And I agree, our defense is not good enough to overcome his turnovers in tight spots, but he's thrown one in every game this year and we're 4-1.

That's only gonna make it worse. Since we're still winning, there's no "incentive" for Romo to REALLY work on this.

Then the playoffs come around, he throws another pick or two, and it's 1 and done. As usual.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
folks forget that stat.......ROMO could protect the ball better though.