Owens' "insult" on McNabb's Accuracy

AJM1613

Reaction score
Question: What gives an MVP quarterback like Peyton Manning the edge over a Donovan McNabb? (Oh, by the way, McNabb is Owens' quarterback.)

Answer: Probably accuracy, which is something Donovan can improve on. That's not me putting a knock on Donovan. It's not something nobody else has said. He has probably said there are things about my game that need improvement.

The people on ESPN are terrible...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Have CowboynIRAQ write to Owens. According to him accuracy is over rated. QBs just need to get it in the area of the WR and then they should fight for the ball.

I'm sure Owens will appreciate the education. [/sarcasm off]

Mike 1967

Reaction score
LOL...it's already started and the season has not even begun yet.

Owens ego is to big to allow him to participate in a team sport. If they succeed it's because of him....if they fail it's somebody else's fault.

This guy should have taken up golf or tennis.

The situation in Philly with McNabb is completely different than the situation that TO was dealing with in San Francisco with Garcia. TO will not be able to put blame on McNabb like he did Garcia. The town will lambast him when he does.

Mark my words......if the Eagles enter a losing streak sparks will start flying. TO just can't keep his mouth or ego under check. He doesn't even understand the concept.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Have CowboynIRAQ write to Owens. According to him accuracy is over rated. QBs just need to get it in the area of the WR and then they should fight for the ball.

I'm sure Owens will appreciate the education. [/sarcasm off]

:p ............

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
LOL...it's already started and the season has not even begun yet.

Owens ego is to big to allow him to participate in a team sport. If they succeed it's because of him....if they fail it's somebody else's fault.

This guy should have taken up golf or tennis.

The situation in Philly with McNabb is completely different than the situation that TO was dealing with in San Francisco with Garcia. TO will not be able to put blame on McNabb like he did Garcia. The town will lambast him when he does.

Mark my words......if the Eagles enter a losing streak sparks will start flying. TO just can't keep his mouth or ego under check. He doesn't even understand the concept.

If he said that McNabb was more accurate than Manning, than I would be concerned. He still thinks that McNabb is the best in the league, and the best QB he has ever played for.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
The thing about it is, the season hasn't even started and he is already talking, no matter how minor it is, he just can't seem to shut his mouth...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TO is not the only one who question McNabbs accuracy, I have done so for a while. Up until now the excuse has been WR as the problem, well that excuse is out the window with the addition of TO.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
If he said that McNabb was more accurate than Manning, than I would be concerned. He still thinks that McNabb is the best in the league, and the best QB he has ever played for.

Garcia is a better QB than McNabb. TO is crazy.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Everybody knows that McNabb's achilles heel is his accuracy. It is his biggest liability. And AJM don't give me his TD to INT ratio, he throws so few picks because he takes so few chances downfield. The best comparison would be to the other quarterbacks in the league that run the WCO.

I challenge you to find me a west coast offense QB with a lifetime completion percentage below 60%. Hint, there is only 1 and he wears #5.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
The thing about it is, the season hasn't even started and he is already talking, no matter how minor it is, he just can't seem to shut his mouth...

He said that Manning was more accurate than McNabb? How is that bad? I just don't see it.

What if Harrison said that Manning wasn't as mobile as McNabb? Would it be mentioned on ATH? Would everyone/anyone make a huge deal about it?

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Everybody knows that McNabb's achilles heel is his accuracy. It is his biggest liability. And AJM don't give me his TD to INT ratio, he throws so few picks because he takes so few chances downfield. The best comparison would be to the other quarterbacks in the league that run the WCO.

I challenge you to find me a west coast offense QB with a lifetime completion percentage below 60%. Hint, there is only 1 and he wears #5.

Michael Vick

Reaction score
RW31 said:

I know that must really irritate you RW -- knowing how reserve you are about these matters. :D

Reaction score
I hate to let you know AJM but Michael Vick has never been a WCO QB. Jim Mora Jr. brought in Greg Knapp to install the WCO this year. I guarantee Vick gets his completion percentage above 55% this year too, and over 60% in 2 years.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
I hate to let you know AJM but Michael Vick has never been a WCO QB. Jim Mora Jr. brought in Greg Knapp to install the WCO this year. I guarantee Vick gets his completion percentage above 55% this year too, and over 60% in 2 years.

No s***.

The question was:

I challenge you to find me a west coast offense QB with a lifetime completion percentage below 60%.

Vick is a WCO QB and his completion percentage is below 60%.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Joey Harrington career=53.3%, last season=55.8%

Koy Detmer career=52%

Completion percentage isn't too important. Elway had a career 56.9 completion percentage and he is in the Hall of Fame.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
No s***.

The question was:

I challenge you to find me a west coast offense QB with a lifetime completion percentage below 60%.

Vick is a WCO QB and his completion percentage is below 60%.
Damn, ok. Let rephrase it, name a qb that has played in the WCO and has under 60% completion percentage while playing in it. Hint, theres only one and he wears number 5.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Joey Harrington career=53.3%, last season=55.8%

Koy Detmer career=52%

Completion percentage isn't too important. Elway had a career 56.9 completion percentage and he is in the Hall of Fame.
Joey Harrington is enter his 3rd season, and Koy Detmer? You are really reaching to defend your boy, and your making him look bad in the process.

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Joey Harrington is enter his 3rd season, and Koy Detmer? You are really reaching to defend your boy, and your making him look bad in the process.

McNabb's WCO is a modified version, last season after his struggles ended was the first time he was in a true WCO.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb's WCO is a modified version, last season after his struggles ended was the first time he was in a true WCO.
Spin away. Try to use facts next time.