Twitter: Packers release former Pro Bowl DT Mike Daniels

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dude had a whopping 18 tackles last year and is 30.

He's on the downside of his career

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That, or they'll be signed after week 1 when their contracts aren't guaranteed. Most of the guys on that list will be employed this year.

Every team wants to get younger (and cheaper) so they are going to give their young guys every chance to succeed before bringing in old vets. The only negative about the approach is someone else may snag the old vet first, so if your youth fails, you're left with no good alternative.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he is worth a shot. Think he had foot injuries last year. Before that he was a top DT. Why not add him for cheap one year?

Maybe because he won't sign for cheap? I mean, it's worth making the inquiry, but I doubt he is going to give preferential treatment to a team offering a cheap one year contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe because he won't sign for cheap? I mean, it's worth making the inquiry, but I doubt he is going to give preferential treatment to a team offering a cheap one year contract.

You made the same argument in the McCoy debate and sure enough, he ended up signing a pretty team friendly one year deal in Carolina (granted, Carolina was a preferred destination for him).

Sydla

Reaction score
Despite having an injury plagued year and a down year in 2018, he led all Packers in pressure rate........1 pressure out of every 19.5 snaps according to BtB.

He should definitely get a tire kick from the Cowboys.