Outta bounds
Reaction score
gif-britney-ew-face.gif
:laugh:

Mr_437

Reaction score
In DAL...
I see Daniels as the starting 1Tech.
Woods on the 2nd wave would be good depth.
Covington is the 1Tech/3Tech guy.

1Tech: Daniels, Woods
3Tech: Collins, Hill, Covington

Daniels (if healthy) and Quinn added to this DL would be sneaky good GM work.

All of that being said...DAL GM likes his guys more than likely.

quickccc

Reaction score
Mike Daniels is listed as 6"0, 291 lbs.
one of the rumors were that Packers wanted to get bigger.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
it's not like established difference makers at SS, TE or backup QB are just falling off trees. ...

So again, is DT really a top two need when there's safety, TE, and backup QB?

Neither of your comments have said otherwise.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I tried to get in before someone said they would sign Dez off the list but I was too slow for Quincy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
that's quite a surprise. I haven't checked his age, but Daniels is a pro bowl caliber player and if he can make plays in a 3-4, he'd be a fine 4-3 DT.
but we are already committed to rookie Trysten Hill as the very near future starting 3 tech. I dunno what the Stephen/McClay group thinks about adding
an expensive next to Hill. and there's been bookend talented DTs in past history (Sapp, Boogie) and Stubblefield, Bryant)

If he's still good, signing him would allow us to move on from Crawford.

Doubt that we do it. Very bad comp pick juju.

quickccc

Reaction score
So again, is DT really a top two need when there's safety, TE, and backup QB?

Neither of your comments have said otherwise.

need, quality and available are different entities. ...that's why there's no need to comment otherwise.

quickccc

Reaction score
If he's still good, signing him would allow us to move on from Crawford.

Doubt that we do it. Very bad comp pick juju.

if we were able to get Daniel i think crawford would strictly be slated at DE, and subbing and playing both DE sides.
i just think marinelli likes him too much and the club will choose to carry his salary for one more year in 2019.
Marinelli thinks that much of him as a player, he's always started him at some place on the DL, if we are ever to go to
a much better level, that has to change, imo.

quickccc

Reaction score

im not surprised at all, Stephen camp is not gonna be interested in 30 year age players, especially those in the DL.
and regardless of past Pro bowl credentials
Ditto with ex Bucs Gerald McCoy.

A lot likely has to do with reps and development of Hill, and Cowboys not interested in an expensive 1 tech as Daniel would likely be, even if it
were to be a 1 year deal.

gmoney112

Reaction score
This was to free up cap for Kenny Clark, who looks to be a young Mike Daniel's in his own right. Last year in his 3rd year he racked up 6.5 sacks from DT.

They got a bunch of defensive talent in FA + the draft. Just a cap move, they probably would have liked to keep him. But locking up Clark takes precedent.

They have a lot of talent in the front this year, and some really good talent going forward. They did a great job of acquiring guys on defense for Rodgers. I'd look at Daniel's, but we won't. Could probably get him pretty cheap.

Number1

Reaction score
This was to free up cap for Kenny Clark, who looks to be a young Mike Daniel's in his own right. Last year in his 3rd year he racked up 6.5 sacks from DT.

They got a bunch of defensive talent in FA + the draft. Just a cap move, they probably would have liked to keep him. But locking up Clark takes precedent.

They have a lot of talent in the front this year, and some really good talent going forward. They did a great job of acquiring guys on defense for Rodgers. I'd look at Daniel's, but we won't. Could probably get him pretty cheap.

that's life it's a young man's game