Twitter: Packers release former Pro Bowl DT Mike Daniels

Praxit

Reaction score
...maybe he would make the difference, if your D-line disappears in biggest game of the year.

Altestic

Reaction score
Or, one team made Tre Boston an offer and he called it "disrespectful".

That sort of talk has driven teams away from players before. It sends the message that he'll want a maxed out contract. Any given team can only afford huge contracts on a small number of players. While Boston is definitely a good player, he doesn't appear to be even close to an Earl Thomas, Eddie Jackson, or Derwin James.

While the S position is ultra important, if you can't get one of the top 5 or 6, might as well make do w/ a decent one instead of having to pay a good player as if he's great.
Bad news is Jeff Heath isn't a decent one. He's a strong safety who ranked below 31 out of 32 free safeties (and all 31 other strong safeties) in blown tackles. He's not even close to average or "decent". He belongs on special teams and nothing else.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'd need to see further details on "wanting too much" and "inconsistent play", specifically as it pertains to who we're currently paying, and the production we're getting.

I remember hearing the same claims when Gerald McCoy was available, and he signed a very reasonable contract with Carolina while we sat on our hands.

Mike Daniels 1 year, 9.1M, Lions.

SeaTurtle1

Reaction score
...maybe he would make the difference, if your D-line disappears in biggest game of the year.

D line really put the hurt on the Rams offense. We gave up over 100 yards to two different running backs but we kept Goff to under 100 ;)

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
that's quite a surprise. I haven't checked his age, but Daniels is a pro bowl caliber player and if he can make plays in a 3-4, he'd be a fine 4-3 DT.
but we are already committed to rookie Trysten Hill as the very near future starting 3 tech. I dunno what the Stephen/McClay group thinks about adding
an expensive next to Hill. and there's been bookend talented DTs in past history (Sapp, Boogie) and Stubblefield, Bryant)

If not a proven like Daniels, then what about Nkemdiche? Talented low risk, high reward.

Relying on just Hill is dangerous. He is just a rook and not sold on Collins making it through full season.

quickccc

Reaction score
If not a proven like Daniels, then what about Nkemdiche? Talented low risk, high reward.

Relying on just Hill is dangerous. He is just a rook and not sold on Collins making it through full season.

the issue with Nkemdiche now is the very same issue he had coming out of college and the reason he dropped to bottom of 1st round.
Very questionable motor and passion for football. and we just got away from someone that like in David Irving

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
the issue with Nkemdiche now is the very same issue he had coming out of college and the reason he dropped to bottom of 1st round.
Very questionable motor and passion for football. and we just got away from someone that like in David Irving

Like Irving, Nkemdiche is low risk, high reward.

Irving for all his warts was THE best DL outside of DLaw when he was on the field. Irving was disruptive gamechanger at his best.

Who knows how Nkemdiche responds with 2nd chance but if he can produce at Irving levels, then why not? A cheap flyer this season, he screws up, let him go. No harm, no foul.

Uncover every rock, goal is to win a ring.