Panthers allow Cam Newton to seek a trade

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy G went to a Superbowl and I think both Dak and Cam are better then him..

So just give me the cheaper option and i'll improve the rest of the team and get a similar level of play from either guy.

I don't like Cam at all either but the guy has already shown he can win in the playoffs and get his team to a Superbowl.

This is all assuming his medical will check out.. If his body is done then i'm out on him. I'm out on him anyways but if the choice is him or Dak then give me the cheap option.
The Niners are a better team than the Cowboys.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The Niners are a better team than the Cowboys.
Their defense was easily the best looking defense in the nfl, and the offense ran with creativity we saw from few teams. Have no idea why people think Dak+no defense has even a remote chance for success.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy G went to a Superbowl and I think both Dak and Cam are better then him..

So just give me the cheaper option and i'll improve the rest of the team and get a similar level of play from either guy.

I don't like Cam at all either but the guy has already shown he can win in the playoffs and get his team to a Superbowl.
First, keep in mind that Cam is not a free agent. There would be a cost for the trade (giving up draft picks) along with this year's salary. Then, after this season, we would be in the same boat with Cam as we are with Dak - trying to negotiate a new contract in an era when starting QB salries are skyrocketing.

As for the 49ers and Garoppolo, skimping at QB is not what got them to the Super Bowl. Clearly they weren't trying to skimp at QB - they committed a massive amount of money to Garoppolo at the time, and with very little actual playing experience to support doing so. They just built the rest of the team as well, despite spending so much on Garopplo. And, they got a QB the team could grow with rather than a fading retread.

Obviously there is a limit. If, for example, Dak were demanding the kind of contract some here claim, there is a point the Cowboys would need to walk away. But if he is in the realm of reality, they should try to work it out.

As for what Cam has shown in the playoffs, that was one season 5 years ago. He's only been to the playoffs once since, and lost.

Last edited: