Panthers Play Tomorrow, Cowboys Play Monday. We Get 5 Days To Prepare, Panthers Get 9 Days

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MountaineerCowboy, Sep 22, 2021.

1. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,540 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    Good thing none of us are playing against philly. I don't think it will hurt if we look ahead a bit.

MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

52,984 Messages
    41,119 Likes Received
    I like our chances vs them.
    I don't see our defense dominating that group though, unless they have some big injuries.

Their oline is vulnerable. The WRs and RBs are talented. Great OC in Joe Brady

3. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

7,541 Messages
    12,945 Likes Received
    What contribution are you making to the Cowboys Sunday that you otherwise couldn't make if you look towards the next game?

We're fans. Not players. We can look at things in the future.

INCowboysFan likes this.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

49,964 Messages
    43,788 Likes Received
    Oh if they get 400 passing yards that’s fine. I will settle for just limiting big plays and a few turnovers.

5. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    No. I believe the Panthers according to league rules will be off the rest of the week following their Thursday night game.

And will resume on Monday. So actually they only have 1 day on us since we play Monday. Plus they will have the additional rest but will have to travel where we stay at home. Besides the rest I don’t see a decisive advantage .

6. hittheskids

hittheskids Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    1,953 Messages
    3,158 Likes Received
    So what? This happens throughout the year to lots of teams.

Rockport likes this.
  7. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Again, the Cowboys were off following Thursday nights game. We didn’t return to practice until Monday.

If you recall last week if you also follow College Football that Jethro and the Jone$ family were in Arkansas that weekend watching Jethro’s grandsons play against Texas.

8. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

19,834 Messages
    10,059 Likes Received
    yeah, NFL has had a bunch of these type of schedulings. I remember a few years ago, we played a sunday night game, away at Giants and had to turn around, travel, and be ready for Thursday Thanksgiving game. there has been a few more like that.

9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

39,025 Messages
    8,979 Likes Received
    Welcome to the world of Thursday football.

10. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

6,310 Messages
    6,144 Likes Received
    Came hoping for fear of the eagles and got panther fear instead

11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

54,204 Messages
    60,700 Likes Received
    Panthers will need that extra time to prepare. :laugh:

Actually if Dallas throws out a different game plan on both sides of the ball. It gives Carolina one less day to make any game plan changes.
    Also if Dallas assigns an assistant coach or 2, come Friday. They can start compiling game footage and plans for the Panthers, while the rest of the team focuses on the Eagles.

12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

36,851 Messages
    15,699 Likes Received
    Don’t know why fans would want to look ahead, Philly is a big game. What we do against Philly is going to have a lot more impact on making the playoffs than what we do against Carolina.

13. ClappingCarrot

ClappingCarrot Well-Known Member

5,207 Messages
    14,628 Likes Received
    We've lost the last two meetings. As a Charlotte resident, believe me - I hear it every day.

When we played them in 2018, they kept showing Romo's pick sixes on Thanksgiving 2015 on the scoreboard.

14. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    I don’t have a problem looking ahead. I think it’s more of a natural thought process for fans .

When I begin looking at our schedule before the season kicked off was thinking our opening 2 games on the road would be really tough with a nice 3 game home stand following. I see nothing wrong with that . It doesn’t mean it lessens the value of the Egirls game.

For the team and players though they must take one game at a time.

15. INCowboysFan

INCowboysFan Well-Known Member

1,540 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    Makes absolutely no difference if I look ahead to see what Carolina is up to. Not like I make game plans or anything. Philly is a big game, but as a fan, I can look down the road a bit to see what's coming up. If Dallas loses to Philly it won't be because us fans didn't focus solely on philly. Come on.

16. KJJ

36,851 Messages
    15,699 Likes Received
    I really don’t see the point in looking ahead to Carolina when we have Philly coming up. Philly week is a big week. The division could come down to us or Philly. Players aren’t going to look ahead because looking ahead gets you beat. Fans do all kinds of silly things but seldom do you see fans looking past a divisional rival, especially one that’s gotten the better of us the past couple of decades. They’ve beaten us in a couple of season finale elimination games and they’ve been to two Super Bowls in the past 16 years winning one of them just 4 years ago.

17. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    The Panthers look much more formidable. That defense is playing tough and Darnold looks like a new man. I’m glad to see Coach Ruhle having some success.

18. Diehardblues

40,162 Messages
    23,728 Likes Received
    Then you don’t have to look ahead. Don’t burden yourself. But there might be some fans who choose to.

19. KJJ

36,851 Messages
    15,699 Likes Received
    Can’t remember ever seeing a thread with fans looking past Philly to a non divisional game. All of a sudden fans are more worried about Carolina? lol

20. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,589 Messages
    30,299 Likes Received
    Wasaaaas, waaaaaaa!