Parson is mediocre in coverage

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dak_Attack_09, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Hadenough

Hadenough Well-Known Member

7,686 Messages
    8,918 Likes Received
    Dude he got tricked by Brady and Gronk. That happens and he thought he had a free run at Brady and that's exactly what Brady knew would happen.

AsthmaField and Ranched like this.
  2. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

32,557 Messages
    79,374 Likes Received
    [​IMG]Parsons looked comfortable wherever Quinn lined him up. Whether he was playing inside or outside off-ball linebacker, edge-rusher, inside blitzer, or dropping into coverage, the game didn’t look to big for him at this level, which is pretty impressive for a first-game rookie going up against one of the NFL’s most consistently explosive offenses, & the greatest qb in football history. BOOM!

Whirlwin likes this.
  3. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Well-Known Member

442 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Is there a different cowboys forum or is this the only one ?

4. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

3,736 Messages
    3,790 Likes Received
    Can't we vote him off the island?

Clove and Captain-Crash like this.
  5. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

11,449 Messages
    16,081 Likes Received
    how many years has he played? easier question, how many games. sheesh

6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

22,816 Messages
    32,972 Likes Received
    1/17th a year or 1 game.

People need to let the guy learn for just a little bit. Geez.

7. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

4,810 Messages
    5,525 Likes Received
    I’ve not talked about Parsons yet, but have read where some of you have talked about him for Defensive ROY….I also read all the time how he is “always flying around everywhere”…..ok, so do commercial pilots….but I’ve yet to see him really rack up a bunch of tackles or sack anyone…when I do, I’ll get excited about him…until then…meh…impress me 1st rounder.

8. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

43,760 Messages
    29,138 Likes Received
    Troll post, throw it in the garbage.

Captain-Crash likes this.
  9. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Cowboys play a 'vision and break' Cover 3. And that's the technique. Fall back into your drops while watching the QB's eyes until the QB begins to throw and then snap to the nearest receiver.

Start roughly at the 4:20 mark on the video that follows.

It's also described here.

The bigger issue with Gronk is that he's tall and strong and if someone puts the ball just over his head he can't be defended even if you are on him like glue. I saw a Gronk pass with Keanu Neal defending and he was as close as can be, and it still got there.

You don't need a jump ball technique with Gronk's size.

D-

10. Cmac

Cmac Well-Known Member

8,317 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    No mention of Quinn's scheme......including the preposterous move to put DLaw in coverage on Gronk. Brady & Gronk were laughing at that.

America's Cowboy and maryquality like this.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,038 Messages
    35,506 Likes Received

You mean a rookie LB playing multiple positions on the team gave up some plays to a future HOF TE getting passes from a future HOF QB. Well well...Hyperbole much?

I honestly don't know if you are a troll or really this silly. I mean I give the benefit of the doubt that maybe you just are a really young person with only some basic fundamental knowledge of the game and have grown up watching sports shows that lack most knowledge and just go for hot takes trying to get clicks but come on dude.

12. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    I do think Cox should get playing time on coverage downs, but this thread is stupid... Micah is a star and it was his first game.

Runwildboys likes this.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

104,098 Messages
    32,861 Likes Received
    on the night Parson 7 tackles, 3 solo 1 pass defended vs Tampa Bay and Tom Brady. Oh my god the guy is a bust after week 1 of his 1st NFL start. lol No wonder other fans laugh at some Cowboy fans.

Runwildboys and maryquality like this.
  14. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

12,242 Messages
    2,825 Likes Received
    the op is a mediocre poster at best.

Runwildboys likes this.
  15. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    23,879 Messages
    20,339 Likes Received
    He's a rookie in his very first game, and Gronk is one of the best TE's to ever play the game. Let the kid learn before passing judgment.

Runwildboys likes this.
  16. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

3,671 Messages
    4,680 Likes Received
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Gronk is hard to cover. To call a player in his first game in the NFL a potential bust because he didn't cover a future HOF well on that play is the definition of a knee-jerk reaction.

I watched the whole game. I didn't walk away from it thinking Parsons looked like a potential bust.

Runwildboys likes this.
  17. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

16,053 Messages
    22,146 Likes Received
    Omg mods can you finally ban this guy? Enough is enough

18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

63,221 Messages
    74,875 Likes Received
    Bottom line is like I said before the draft. If he can’t have an impact as a rusher or a cover guy then it’s a horrible pick.

Especially after watching Rashawn Slater dominate Chase Young who we will face for a decade.

19. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

20,087 Messages
    29,241 Likes Received
    Terrible technique.

Why do I say?

Watch the film. Our defenders are getting beat. They are failing to cover adequately. Tom Brady threw for almost 400 yards against them in 4 quarters. Not good.

20. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,570 Messages
    12,051 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys official site. That’s where I used to post. But they did away with it so this is the only one I think. You’ll learn who not to listen to. Who has an agenda who doesn’t. There are a lot of people here with integrity. You’ll still get better insight than many news media outlets. Again welcome to the forum

RoyalCowboy and America's Cowboy like this.