Parson needs to stay on the line

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The fact we're talking about a rookie linebacker moving between 2 very different positions and which one he is better at shows his talent level. The story they told on the broadcast yesterday about him saying he was a WR when he got to PSU and getting to play there further reinforces his talent. They joked the coach said he may have been the best WR on the team too, lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He plays better lined up against the oline. Yesterday proved it.
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something

No he doesn't he needs to play in the system Quinn wants which is to move him around. Sticking him at DE will just limit his ability. Cowboys pulled off 5 sacks yesterday and a lot of pressure on the QB.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
No he doesn't he needs to play in the system Quinn wants which is to move him around. Sticking him at DE will just limit his ability. Cowboys pulled off 5 sacks yesterday and a lot of pressure on the QB.
Was honestly just making a point about him being more disruptive when he lined up against an olineman. It was an observation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Was honestly just making a point about him being more disruptive when he lined up against an olineman. It was an observation.

And Cowboys will line him up on the outside from time to time they have want him moving around forcing QB to have to locate in. In the end Parson still made key plays in stopping the run and in getting a sack. Meantime some others joined the party and put up 4 other sacks outside of Parsons. As long as Cowboys are getting guys standing up and getting pressure and sacks. I keep Parson roaming

Xeven

Reaction score
I think moving him around is good. He won’t last as long playing constantly at that level on the line. Too brutal on the body. Getting some reps in at LB will preserve and extend his career.

Jarntt

Reaction score
He can do just about everything well. We need to get him at one spot and let become better then well. I think he can be a great linebacker or a great D lineman off the edge. It's too much on the plate of a rookie to be both right out of the gate unless it due to injury reasons.
Totally disagree. First off nothing has shown to be too much for him. Second, he is already both our best LB and our best edge guy and our best blitzer. Third moving him around is what makes him special and difficult for the offense to locate and block on each play and certain to game plan for. I love just using him as a LB on run downs and letting him just blow plays up and then as an edge guy in passing situations where he has just flat out dominated so far

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Well I guess I titled this wrong. What I meant to say what was I observed watching the game. I will just repost here what I replied to doomsday:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Watching Sam Donald seems like every time he had time to play parson was lined up as a linebacker but when he lined up as a lineman he seemed to always be disrupting something

I agree

stinkface

Reaction score
Totally disagree. First off nothing has shown to be too much for him. Second, he is already both our best LB and our best edge guy and our best blitzer. Third moving him around is what makes him special and difficult for the offense to locate and block on each play and certain to game plan for. I love just using him as a LB on run downs and letting him just blow plays up and then as an edge guy in passing situations where he has just flat out dominated so far

Wrong. Gregory is our best D lineman right now. He has both strength and power and technique. He will have more sacks by the end of this year then Parsons and he is the one that is super special. I admit he is a head case a lot of the time, but he is beastly.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you nuts? How many A gap double teams does he need to split to see that he is best moved around all over the place.
Agree, he needs to not have a position designator, he's just a guy that can show up anywhere. Give the other players credit for knowing enough about the other positions to enable Parsons to move around as he should.

Jarntt

Reaction score
So why does he continue to start Smith and LVE after 4 games, instead of Cox?
I'm totally fine with Cox not starting. My issue is the refusal to play him on at least 3rd and long situations. I just don't understand it. Let the kid do what he does best and what Jaylon and LVE are worst at. Then take it from there and give him more and more snaps if he plays well.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
The problem with evaluating DE compared to Linebacker. Is at DE you can have 2 great plays, and 10 mediocre plays and still look okay. At MLB you can have 2 mediocre plays and it can result in a chunk play or a touchdown, and it looks worse.

I would prefer we stick him at one position for his deveopment. But his versatility is an asset right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wrong. Gregory is our best D lineman right now. He has both strength and power and technique. He will have more sacks by the end of this year then Parsons and he is the one that is super special. I admit he is a head case a lot of the time, but he is beastly.

Gregory may be better at D line than Parsons but as good as Gregory is at rushing he is nowhere near Parsons when it comes to putting pressure on the QB.

I don’t care if Gregory ends up with 13 sacks and Parsons has 7. Parsons is constantly applying pressure

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Yep.

He may be a great linebacker someday but today is not that day.

He is special as a pass rusher and when he doesn’t rush it just helps the offense.

Parsons at linebacker looks very ho hum. Parsons blitzing or rushing looks incredible.

When he’s at linebacker he’s thinking too much and you can tell.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Mrs Gregory??? Is that you???

Next week watch who the offense is trying to stop on passing downs and Gregory should have more sacks since he is the one playing DE FT...