Parsons a better rusher than tank or randy

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our inability to draft and develop mid to late round DL (and safety) is, IMO, the #1 reason our defense has been awful for so long.

Long gone are the days of Jimmie Jones, Lett, Ratliff, Canty, Tolbert, Hennings, etc.
Those names make me so sad because they were all DRAFTED and developed

conner01

Reaction score
We are a pass rush away from being a really good team
That would sure help
But getting everyone healthy will help
I don’t think Gallimore is the second coming as some do but he will make some plays

conner01

Reaction score
Herbert had time to take a nap many times today
Overall the pass rush wasn’t that impressive

CWR

Reaction score
Seriously this kid looks like an LT type of player. The type of guy that elevates an entire defense.

I'm not anointing him yet, but what he did today is unreal.

firewater

Reaction score
Micah impressed the hell out out of me at end. Maybe he should stay there?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I mean, great for parsons but that’s a shame.

Btw, parsons looking like the late great Derrick Thomas out there.
Ha-Haaaaa, I have to agree the kid can get after it. The whole dam defensive line need to sit down and watch Parsons game film.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Is Parsons a better rusher than tank or randy? yep. maybe when they come back they will be sorta embarrassed and will work their tales off to prove they are better than parsons.

btcutter

Reaction score
Facts. I seen more passrush ability from Parson in this game then I've seen from Randy or Lawrence. I would be very tempted to maybe make him a DE especially in passrush situations. The boy has burst.

Parson was fantastic! But let’s not open the anointing oil just yet. When Parson rush from the LE going against Chargers backup T he was great. But when he played from the RE against Slater (rookie stud tackle) he didn’t fair as well.

chasecooley5308

Reaction score
I've said it to my friends and family since DLaw signed the big contract that he was never worth the money. They paid him like he was DWare, and hes not. Never will be.

nobody

Reaction score
Parsons was great but got the pollard treatment. D law gets more attention just like zeke gets more attention. Once law made his se one pro bowl, he got the elite treatment. Pollard will never get the pro bowl treat ever brcsuse they do t fear him as much.

I believe in future games where Parsons is playing DE he'll be respected more by opposing teams and he'll be blocked a little more.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean, great for parsons but that’s a shame.

Btw, parsons looking like the late great Derrick Thomas out there.

Let's remember that he was going up against a backup tackle, and one that I believe was considered a pretty good dropoff from the starter. It's hard to say that Lawrence wouldn't have eaten that tackle's lunch.

But very glad to see Parsons play as well as he did as a pass rusher. Not going to judge him in that role, though, for one game against a backup. The more he plays end, the more tackles will see the moves that he likes to make and adjust to take those away. The real key is will he be able to counter when they do that? And that follows will he be able to rush the passer as well against better tackles? The one Lawrence faced in Week 1 is a beast, so not sure Parsons would have fared any better and I think it's likely he would have fared worse.